Ads

Server Patch notes 01/12/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
drmordread
Suspended

Re: Server Patch notes 01/12/2018

Post#21 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:02 pm

Can't wait to get home and try the WP changes. Pretty good job so far.

In other news, cant wait to see what new ways will be found to blame people who play both realms for Order stinking at coordinating and strategy.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Ads
Ryzom

Post#22 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:23 pm

Enfin
Ni dieu ni maître

Shazzkar

Post#23 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:07 pm

Any news about the choppa up? Because in this moment we only see DOK/WP and if i remember you said you gotta make some love to choppa :p Good work for the anti-xrealm btw

Arbich
Suspended

Post#24 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:12 pm

Rydiak wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:47 pm
Arbich wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:39 pm The general idea...
I have been very pleased with the Grace/Sacrifice rework. The spec only needed some extra help/tuning, and these new abilities are exactly just that. Devs can't make the spec overpowered, so I appreciate the careful approach they've taken to this bold new design. I'm sure they're continuing to monitor the successes and failures of the new design, and will continue to adjust as necessary.
Hm... I just hope they don´t make the salvation WP basically a backline groupheal spam bot and keep the wrath WP a dmg/heal hybrid. Another plain melee dps seems redudant. Grace WP was mostly working before, but had some limited issues, yes. I just don´t think that the improvements for grace are worth the drawbacks in the other trees. Removal of sigmars radiance for salvation wp was already a huge blow.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Rydiak

Post#25 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:29 pm

Arbich wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:12 pm Hm... I just hope they don´t make the salvation WP basically a backline groupheal spam bot and keep the wrath WP a dmg/heal hybrid. Another plain melee dps seems redudant. Grace WP was mostly working before, but had some limited issues, yes. I just don´t think that the improvements for grace are worth the drawbacks in the other trees. Removal of sigmars radiance for salvation wp was already a huge blow.
Salvation has been a healbot/cleansebot for quite some time now, unless you played hybrid Grace. Additionally, Wrath has been trash up until recently because it being a strong DPS was hamstrung by the very real possibility of being grossly overpowered if it could do damage alongside strong heals. This new design split fixes that, because now the devs can buff DPS on Wrath without buffing its healing, and can likewise buff the healing on Grace without buffing its damage.

Also, Salvation can still use Sigmar's Radiance by transitioning into the hybrid spec (like what Grace users were doing before the patch). You just can't do all things all the time; that is very hard to balance around. Equip a shield and use Charged Fury.
Last edited by Rydiak on Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

HongTen

Post#26 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:30 pm

How much time will come before u wipe that stupid change with city dungeon and full redeye set to enter there ?
Français, Françaises, j'arrive en caisse
Spoiler:
If you're an astronaut, say hello to my Ego there.
:twisted:

Ghoztz Eliminati

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#27 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:32 pm

HongTen wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:30 pm How much time will come before u wipe that stupid change with city dungeon and full redeye set to enter there ?
Dungeons will always be locked with wards
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Ugle

Post#28 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:36 pm

Wp actually looks like fun to play now.
inactive

Ads
Arbich
Suspended

Post#29 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:44 pm

Rydiak wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:29 pm
Arbich wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:12 pm Hm... I just hope they don´t make the salvation WP basically a backline groupheal spam bot and keep the wrath WP a dmg/heal hybrid. Another plain melee dps seems redudant. Grace WP was mostly working before, but had some limited issues, yes. I just don´t think that the improvements for grace are worth the drawbacks in the other trees. Removal of sigmars radiance for salvation wp was already a huge blow.
I'm going to assume you haven't played much recently, because Salvation has been a healbot/cleansebot for quite some time now. Additionally, Wrath has been trash up until recently because it being a strong DPS was hamstrung by the very real possibility of being grossly overpowered if it could do damage alongside strong heals. This new design split fixes that, because now the devs can buff DPS on Wrath without buffing its healing, and can likewise buff the healing on Grace without buffing its damage.

Also, Salvation can still use Sigmar's Radiance by transitioning into the hybrid spec (like what Grace users were doing before the patch). You just can't do all things all the time; that is very hard to balance around.
I recently rarely played my wp, yes. Playing Salvation as a healbot drains your ressources rather quickly, supplication is basically a disable you should avoid if possible. One way to circumvent your RF issues was sigmars radiance (and a fairly nice, because risk-rewarding one. you had to go closer to the enemy to gain some RF, but you also generate some heals).

About Wrath WP, the question still stands what another plain melee dps will have to offer? And I wouldn´t say it was trash (Why do you have this opinion?), but somewhat dependent on renown-rank.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

gjsiechnice

Post#30 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:49 pm

lock realms not work good, im played order and i had dc and cant log order because i lock for destro side.
Stonehead Crusader Kobs 82rr
Relah AM 81rr