Server Patch notes 15/12/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
peterthepan3

Re: Server Patch notes 15/12/2018

Post#41 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:09 pm

ajnin420 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:52 pm
You can really keep those 4 stacks up for an entire fight and its potent AF
Possibly in a large fight, but it's very hard to keep the stacks up against players who know how to shatter/spec to avoid being crit (which is fine as counterplay should be available).

Ads
Snoxx

Post#42 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:15 pm

After years of DPS WP whining about greener grass on the DOK side, now DPS DOKs finally whine about greener grass on the WP side?

Sounds like balance! :lol:

ajnin420 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:52 pm But I do also miss the healing GS once provided.

[...]

I would also like to note that since the change to GS im feeling rather forced to use Aura of Devotion.
Have to agree. The healing from GS was always low and unreliable, but in certain situations it made a big difference. I also try to compensate the missing heals with Prayer of Devotion.

(Where GS healing really shined was farming PvE mobs. I was able to pull up to 20 mobs (lvl 40) and mow them down with Smite/GS spam while GS heals kept me alive. But this didn't work in PvP, ofc.)

Prayer of Righteousness indeed went down the totem pole, is going to be less used than before. Maybe this changes again if the rumors of a possible speed proc on that prayer come true. Let's not forget, Covenant of Celerity (snare proc!) is clearly superior over Prayer of Righteousness.

Snoxx

Post#43 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:25 pm

In a oRvR stand-off fight, where you can spam Smite into enemy zerg, this certainly works. But in a scenario not so much, and it's definitely impossible in a 6vs6. And in a 1vs1? Dream on!

Let's compare the 20% to another tactic: "Exalted Defenses". It increases healing output by 20% whenever you defend against some attack. That is an instant 20% on a simple disrupt (Magus AoE anywhere? Ahh nice, lets step into it.) and is easy to keep up at most of the time. With "Guilty Soul" on the other hand you have to work your way up to 20%. If "Exalted Defenses" worked like "Guilty Soul" you'd have to parry/dodge/disrupt 4 times to get the full effect. That would be hard to achieve and very dangerous.

If however the GS buff is considered too strong (don't listen to DoKs ;) ), I suggest not to reduce the maximum damage bonus, but the way how it is gained. Instead of 4x 5% you could go for 5x 4% or even 6x 3%. That would make it harder to achieve, but still offers the full potential.

ajnin420
Suspended

Post#44 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:20 pm

Snoxx wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:25 pm
In a oRvR stand-off fight, where you can spam Smite into enemy zerg, this certainly works. But in a scenario not so much, and it's definitely impossible in a 6vs6. And in a 1vs1? Dream on!

Let's compare the 20% to another tactic: "Exalted Defenses". It increases healing output by 20% whenever you defend against some attack. That is an instant 20% on a simple disrupt (Magus AoE anywhere? Ahh nice, lets step into it.) and is easy to keep up at most of the time. With "Guilty Soul" on the other hand you have to work your way up to 20%. If "Exalted Defenses" worked like "Guilty Soul" you'd have to parry/dodge/disrupt 4 times to get the full effect. That would be hard to achieve and very dangerous.

If however the GS buff is considered too strong (don't listen to DoKs ;) ), I suggest not to reduce the maximum damage bonus, but the way how it is gained. Instead of 4x 5% you could go for 5x 4% or even 6x 3%. That would make it harder to achieve, but still offers the full potential.

All valid stuff. Though I dont find keeping stacks up hard at all in scs and 6v6. With 1v1 on average 2 stacks. This could be how i spec my gear or my rr effecting these results bare in mind.

That said once players get in the habbit of keeping the buff shattered at all times... well yah then were talking a different kettle of fish. But as the clownboy said, thats the counter, and im ok with that.

If prayer of righteousness were to recieve a 2nd proc on it, i would hope its one that benefits the whole group!

All in all you have lived up to your promise of making the dps wp a solid choice for groups. Thank you for the hard work!

NOW CAN YOU FAKING FIX SCOUT SPEC FOR SW PLZ TY

dansari

Post#45 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:35 pm

ajnin420 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:20 pm NOW CAN YOU FAKING FIX SCOUT SPEC FOR SW PLZ TY
o7
<Salt Factory>

peterthepan3

Post#46 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:42 pm

ajnin420 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:20 pm
All valid stuff. Though I dont find keeping stacks up hard at all in scs and 6v6. With 1v1 on average 2 stacks. This could be how i spec my gear or my rr effecting these results bare in mind.
For what its worth: I played the spec recently in a 6v6, was constantly shattered (good play from their tanks), wasn't critting a lot (possible Futile Strikes/BG using anti-crit on me)...tldr; it was very had to maintain 4 stacks, and most of the time I didn't have 4 stacks (I run circa27% melee crit).

Rydiak

Post#47 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:21 pm

An ability/tactic/spec can be allowed to be powerful if there is counter-play to it (such as Shatter or crit-reduction, in this case). That is good design! Same thing with new Grace/Sacrifice, it is VERY powerful in a melee ball but has limited function at range/while kited. Overall, I am very happy with the recent changes. Defined strengths; defined weaknesses.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Snoxx

Post#48 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:07 pm

Rydiak wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:21 pm Same thing with new Grace/Sacrifice, it is VERY powerful in a melee ball but has limited function at range/while kited. Overall, I am very happy with the recent changes.
I agree with the Wrath spec changes, they are good design and a non-viable spec seems to become viable now. The most important thing for me is the upgraded Hammer of Sigmar; finally a real finisher, allows you to KILL something and not just tickle them to death. (DoKs also got their finisher/execute skill improved)

But I am not happy with the Grace spec changes, because I already played the same thing before the patch, and it was more powerful before. Remember, grace melee healing was considered a weak spec, was neither welcome in groups nor in warbands, and almost nobody played it. The patch intended to make it better, but things got actually worse.

My opinions and a detailed analysis can be found in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=29559&start=10
(my postings on page 2 of the thread)

Ads
Helltrain

Post#49 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:48 am

I am at 10 vanquisher and 1 conqueror gear, but still 0 genesis fragement. Randomness is not fair, please fix it.

DanielWinner

Post#50 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:46 am

Helltrain wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:48 am I am at 10 vanquisher and 1 conqueror gear, but still 0 genesis fragement. Randomness is not fair, please fix it.
Afaik it is supposed to be as random as possible.

I have 3 60+ and one almost 70 characters but none of them has full gen set :shrug:
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha