Ads

Patch Notes 16/02/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
rmpl

Re: Patch Notes 16/02/2019

Post#241 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:25 pm

Eathisword wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:20 pm
Sulorie wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:09 pm So all the fuss is about GMs having items stat-wise exactly the same as those earned by normal players, just at an earlier time?
This Skorri backpack is the battlebrew one.
Yuppers... I honestly dont get the fuss. And all that trust thing. Personally i just wanna trust thatthe patch notes keep showing improvement on the game.

Small and inconsequential use of gm/dev ´perks’ dont bug me at all. Heck, Skorri could be wearing Warpforged and 1 shot me every scen... as long as he keeps working on the game more than he plays 😁.
It's not about adding items but constantly lying about it. I wouldn't mind if the devs added full sets to their characters for the purpose of testing, that way they'd have more time to do their job instead of wasting the time grinding things, but at least be honest about it.

Ads
Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#242 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:36 pm

Just saw the drama : I have skorri backpack which is used for alt appearance (I probably miss clicked so it’s applied as gear instead of appearance but it was applied on my battalebrew backpack which has the exact same stats) and I got cosmetic offhand before being a staff member for giving londo the Beta Client .
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Olszewski

Post#243 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:42 pm

Eathisword wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:20 pm
Sulorie wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:09 pm So all the fuss is about GMs having items stat-wise exactly the same as those earned by normal players, just at an earlier time?
This Skorri backpack is the battlebrew one.
Yuppers... I honestly dont get the fuss. And all that trust thing. Personally i just wanna trust thatthe patch notes keep showing improvement on the game.

Small and inconsequential use of gm/dev ´perks’ dont bug me at all. Heck, Skorri could be wearing Warpforged and 1 shot me every scen... as long as he keeps working on the game more than he plays 😁.
Is this even the same person? Lol

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#244 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:03 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:12 pm
magicthighs wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:37 pm I find it deeply ironic that staff is mocking people who complain about what a slog it can be to gear up, when most of the staff either don't play the game anymore, or most likely haven't leveled a character (without using dev/gm commands to get instant r40/rrXX) in ages.

Not to mention giving themselves free gear from hidden stores or dev/gm commands. Or have they finally stopped doing that?
This would be grounds for removal from the team. I don't know what you let people get away with, but it's not been a problem I've ever run into. The few issues that ever came up were from players getting into places they should not have been able to get into and were patched out.

This is not the first time you've tried to stir **** with the current team. I would advise you specifically to knock it off.
I wasn't clear on this (at work on my phone), was referring to adding xp/rr, not appearance items. Only people that have ever done that on the live server afaik was Londo, and to a much smaller extent Torque when he was testing balance stuff for a class he didn't have leveled yet and needed actual pvp to make sure it wasn't broken garbage. Current balance crew does not have the same luxury.

GitHub once got his ass chewed out by me for "exchanging" levels from his squig herder to a zealot (not sure if those were the exact classes), and ultimately had that character deleted as well. May have been currency, I don't recall exactly and would have to look it up. That pissed me off particularly because he didn't do much as a GM and took advantage of the "perks" with some creative liberty tossed in.

Appearance items are whatever. Unobtainable items are generally off limits, but like the offhand on Skorri, that was added before he was in the team. You don't always know the situation at first glance, and neither do I until I dig into something.

So naturally, if you have a problem with a staff member or think something is going on, don't start it off by posting on the forums if you want to stick around. It's incredibly rude, and will almost always result in a response as if you just took at swing at a friend of mine. Just send me a PM, or hop on discord, and we can have a talk. It's not hard to get a hold of me.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Manatikik

Post#245 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:08 pm

So what I've gotten from this thread is that Wargrimnir will be removing Skorri from the team, right? :D

On a serious note though, to Sulorie and Volgo: the reason it matters is not that its happening but the attitude from staff hiding it, denying it, and then slandering community members who bring it up. Certain staff members preach about how the gear grind is there because its the point of the game, or that leveling isn't hard compared to other MMO's and to stop whining about it. Then they go and give themselves level 40/40 toons or gear or talismans or potions or whatever they do to cut down on the grind; then what leg do they (Staff as a whole, not even just the ones who do it because it then taints the whole pool of staff) to tell the players anything? If they can't do the grind why should ANY player do it? It's a breach of trust between Staff and Player that then gets exacerbated anytime one of the Leads posts about the grind or blindly defends a staff member you've seen commit an offense. It all boils down to trust.
<Montague><Capulet>

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#246 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:14 pm

Manatikik wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:08 pm So what I've gotten from this thread is that Wargrimnir will be removing Skorri from the team, right? :D

On a serious note though, to Sulorie and Volgo: the reason it matters is not that its happening but the attitude from staff hiding it, denying it, and then slandering community members who bring it up. Certain staff members preach about how the gear grind is there because its the point of the game, or that leveling isn't hard compared to other MMO's and to stop whining about it. Then they go and give themselves level 40/40 toons or gear or talismans or potions or whatever they do to cut down on the grind; then what leg do they (Staff as a whole, not even just the ones who do it because it then taints the whole pool of staff) to tell the players anything? If they can't do the grind why should ANY player do it? It's a breach of trust between Staff and Player that then gets exacerbated anytime one of the Leads posts about the grind or blindly defends a staff member you've seen commit an offense. It all boils down to trust.
Two years ago when he played Skorri regularly, Anni was BiS gear. His RR and xp were earned before he joined staff. After that point he spent more time fixing the game for you than playing it.

Some thanks he gets here.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Manatikik

Post#247 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:16 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:14 pm
Manatikik wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:08 pm So what I've gotten from this thread is that Wargrimnir will be removing Skorri from the team, right? :D

Two years ago when he played Skorri regularly, Anni was BiS gear. His RR and xp were earned before he joined staff. After that point he spent more time fixing the game for you than playing it.

Some thanks he gets here.
Skorri part was a joke...
<Montague><Capulet>

rmpl

Post#248 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:41 pm

I like how everyone talks about Skorri but completely ignores Torq's Oppressor but I guess that's water under the bridge now that's gone?

Ads
Manatikik

Post#249 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:47 pm

rmpl wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:41 pm I like how everyone talks about Skorri but completely ignores Torq's Oppressor but I guess that's water under the bridge now that's gone?
Meh, he's gone, what are they supposed to do? Give an empty apology about how it won't happen again? Say sorry we let this dude run free for 2 years? At this point the Torque chapter is closed, better to move on to the next one in my opinion.
<Montague><Capulet>

Neuzeit

Post#250 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:18 pm

Smells like some guys are affraid of transparency...