Re: Patch Notes 16/02/2019

Post#261 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:07 pm

Torquemadra ate my hamster

Ads
Sulorie

Post#262 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:17 pm

Telen wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:07 pm Torquemadra ate my hamster
And he ate my forum avatar. Nevertheless, this wasn't as annoying as reading those troublemakers here over and over.
Dying is no option.

Jaycub

Post#263 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:46 pm

Nobody cared about GM/Devs giving themselves gear or using commands to bypass leveling. It's been going on since t2 was cap. No one cared about that, and if they did they are retarded. The staff never used any of this to bully the players, and from all the time I ever played here with the exception of jono/volgo no one the staff ever played in any kind of hyper competitive fashion, and both those guys had their characters established before even becoming staff.

What Magic Thighs brought up was perspective, nothing to do with the legitimacy of staff giving themselves advantages. The staff has since t2 days done changes to RoR that if polled would probably be overwhelmingly negatively received, the first i remember is removing rats from T2 to bog down leveling in a bid to keep players in t2 longer in the hopes to breathe life into that tier which was absolutely a ghost town. But all this did was make people's lives miserable there as now instead of grinding rats to get to t3 you had to grind boars at PQ's or run around for 30 minutes in the lake to find someone to kill.

It as obvious they were totally out of touch with the playerbase on these types of issues, and only cared about manipulating players into doing content they had just worked on (t2 pq's/quests) or felt that the players were not playing the game the way it was "meant to be played" even though the population couldn't sustain that activity (t2 RvR). IDK how many people i just saw quit because t2 just killed the game for them.

And to top all this off RoR decided to merge all the tiers, which ended up being an total admission of the failure to create a proper t2/3 environment for the playerbase anyways. And of course tons of feedback was given on the problems this had in terms of player experience at low levels and it never felt like anyone cared.

Idk why this conversation gravitated immediately to the staff having to defend themselves over giving themselves advantages in game, when the original question was about staff perspective on matters and ultimately their track record of not listening or just not caring about player feedback over the years.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Sulorie

Post#264 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:54 pm

Jaycub wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:46 pm Idk why this conversation gravitated immediately to the staff having to defend themselves over giving themselves advantages in game, when the original question was about staff perspective on matters and ultimately their track record of not listening or just not caring about player feedback over the years.
No idea how long you didn't play the game but your comment is totally out of touch how the server plays and especially how the change to rvr tier structure was perceived.
Dying is no option.

Jaycub

Post#265 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:04 pm

Maybe i worded it horribly, but I wasn't saying the tier merge was the wrong thing to do or wasn't a good improvement over what was in place at the time. But rather it came with its own set of problems that weren't addressed in terms of player experience at lower levels besides some tweaking to bolstering.

Telen
Suspended

Post#266 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:24 pm

This is a team of volunteers working on a dead game from a few packet logs. What reworks did you expect? A total game overhaul? Well go get the design files off EA. T2/T3 were a shitshow because Mythic didnt plan for population concentration. Why they put 3/4 of a mmo not at end game I will never understand. Then EA did it again with SWTOR. The guys reworked it to 3/4 of the game being endgame content because thats a no brainer to do in an mmo. They only very recently got any sort of client control so I dont see what more they could do, they arent Mythic.

Nickwahh5

Post#267 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:56 pm

old post -- deleted
Last edited by Nickwahh5 on Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jaycub

Post#268 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:00 pm

In the span of week some other shithole went from having t1-4 implemented and leveling just like RoR to instant 40, with starting gear based on community feedback that players do not want to re level through the boring and slow tiers.

And they ended up having hundreds online in t4 RvR instead of no interest at all. Yes it ultimately failed due to bugs and a shitty launch, but there is no excuse for the RoR team not to for instance change xp gains/tables for lower levels in the merged t4 to expedite getting to 40 so you can actually enjoy the game. Or have lower tier gear easier to obtain so you aren't a speedbump, like it was a while back with all but the last tier of gear easily obtainable. The RoR team actually took steps to make leveling worse, removing power leveling, removing mobs that people grinded for XP etc... And who exactly was asking for that or thought it was a problem?

The leveling experience on RoR has always been inexcusably horrible, with pages and pages of threads with feedback dating years ago. The "it's free" or "just volunteers" is old and tired, and it doesn't take source code overhaul or total reworks to make it better.

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Post#269 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:07 pm

Jaycub wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:00 pm In the span of week derp went from having t1-4 implemented and leveling just like RoR to instant 40, with starting gear based on community feedback that players do not want to re level through the boring and slow tiers.

And they ended up having hundreds online in t4 RvR instead of no interest at all. Yes it ultimately failed due to bugs and a shitty launch, but there is no excuse for the RoR team not to for instance change xp gains/tables for lower levels in the merged t4 to expedite getting to 40 so you can actually enjoy the game. Or have lower tier gear easier to obtain so you aren't a speedbump, like it was a while back with all but the last tier of gear easily obtainable.

The leveling experience on RoR has always been inexcusably horrible, with pages and pages of threads with feedback dating years ago. The "it's free" or "just volunteers" is old and tired, and it doesn't take source code overhaul or total reworks to make it better.
All that hard work they put in stealing code. maybe if they hadnt stolen code they would have had a clue how to fix issues.

Jaycub

Post#270 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:14 pm

Ya don't even address what i say, just come up with some sick 1 liner that's not even relevant. Keep on slurping my man.