Ads

Patch Notes 16/02/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Hargrim
Developer

Re: Patch Notes 16/02/2019

Post#191 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:13 pm

wiscel wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:33 am As much as I like to see the fortresses back in the game. I wish Invader gear will become available from 'normal' RvR as well. I can't play that much every day (maybe 1-2 hours) so I have to be lucky when I logon there is a fortress siege going on. And then you need to be very lucky to enter the portal.

What about city/capital siege that will come after forts or lets say end game LotD PvE? You don't have time to play them, so it should be obtainable through simple RvR?

Ads
wiscel

Post#192 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:57 pm

Hargrim wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:13 pm
wiscel wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:33 am As much as I like to see the fortresses back in the game. I wish Invader gear will become available from 'normal' RvR as well. I can't play that much every day (maybe 1-2 hours) so I have to be lucky when I logon there is a fortress siege going on. And then you need to be very lucky to enter the portal.

What about city/capital siege that will come after forts or lets say end game LotD PvE? You don't have time to play them, so it should be obtainable through simple RvR?
Yes, is that so strange? It's the same thing with Gunbad. During European daytime there are hardly any people doing Gunbad. Good luck on getting the wards to get your sentinel gear.
Nasty - R8X Squig Herder
Mehlindy - R8X Witch Elf
Donavicenta - R8X Sorceress

wiscel

Post#193 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:57 pm

Yes, is that so strange? It's the same thing with Gunbad. During European daytime there are hardly any people doing Gunbad. Good luck on getting the wards to get your sentinel gear.
Nasty - R8X Squig Herder
Mehlindy - R8X Witch Elf
Donavicenta - R8X Sorceress

Acidic

Post#194 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:05 pm

The gear model is that there is not massive difference in the sets and remember if people get the sets easily they will complain (as we have seen) that they want new sets. A balance is needed and i think it’s about right

Hargrim
Developer

Post#195 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:26 pm

wiscel wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:57 pm Yes, is that so strange? It's the same thing with Gunbad. During European daytime there are hardly any people doing Gunbad. Good luck on getting the wards to get your sentinel gear.

Yes, it is strange, because there are games that cater to the people that doesn't have time to play the games that require some bigger time investments.

hammerhead

Post#196 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:01 pm

AOR has always been a game in which you can always easily go in and get out without losing touch with reality, unlike Korean ones. We have already been here for a long time, this is more than enough to prove our interest without any spurring. It is a pity if the project goes the same way as all commercial projects.

I thought it was a fan server, probably it was a big mistake.
(\|)o0(|/)

xanderous

Post#197 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:21 pm

Just the nature of the beast, you have to put in excessive amount of your time to get the big rewards vs putting in very little time you won't get much at all. That might not be the most desirable concept for folk who have other priorities but it is overall a fair system in my opinion.

Least you can take solace in the fact the new sets don't appear be anyway meta changing but then again, still not aware of these mysterious 7th bonus but i'd be surprised if they rock the boat.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

Sulorie

Post#198 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:40 pm

A player with limited time shouldn't aim for the highest tier sets to begin with. It is not like previous sets are weaker.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#199 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:52 pm

hammerhead wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:01 pm AOR has always been a game in which you can always easily go in and get out without losing touch with reality, unlike Korean ones. We have already been here for a long time, this is more than enough to prove our interest without any spurring. It is a pity if the project goes the same way as all commercial projects.

I thought it was a fan server, probably it was a big mistake.

As far as I know you are not chained to your PC (by the RoR team), so you can come and go as you please, same as AOR, but without any subscription!

Lesnoj

Post#200 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:41 am

Hargrim wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:26 pm
wiscel wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:57 pm Yes, is that so strange? It's the same thing with Gunbad. During European daytime there are hardly any people doing Gunbad. Good luck on getting the wards to get your sentinel gear.

Yes, it is strange, because there are games that cater to the people that doesn't have time to play the games that require some bigger time investments.
No, it is not strange, some of us have families / work and real life activities.
Surprised?