Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
hogun

Re: Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Post#121 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:15 pm

please, stop saying tank but say Hybrid if you used a 2h. a Tank is a Tank (def warrior) a hybrid must not be able to Tank like a Tank, nothing more normal. that you wish it because it is easier it is a thing but when one is good time one recognizes that each one his job. If not all have the same class that tank / dps / heal and make coffee!
this change goes in the right direction, only bad faith can say the opposite. knowing that the duel and 6vs 6 tt the world bumps into fact since it is an RVR game where you can just random luck or not met by all!
My video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65aHhb4kCJU
DAMMAZ KRON !
Hogun - IB 80+ Hoguun RP 80+ Hogunn ING 80+ HOG Slayer 80+ Gor IB 2M 50
(KOBS,WH,WP,BW,SW,WL,SM,BO,CHOSEN,SH,MAGUS, MARAU ,CHOP,SHAM )40+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyJx3So8q6o

Ads
Drozen

Post#122 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:17 pm

Doing a very big change(Guard dmg reduction) like this on the pemise of what?.. making it easier to "choo choo" along the 5wb's in your respective side and zone, at less risk of beeing ganked by a 6man using 2x 2h tanks possibly for w/e valid reason there is to use a 2h depending of the tank class played.

Smallscale orgonized groups are the one's who take the big blow to this, not the generall mass, if you are using a 2h in wb setting you are doing it wrong (my personal opinion in the state atm). SC's tbh most tankes dont guard anyway if 2h specc cuz they wanna do BIG DEEEPZ.. So once again, big blow comes to the organised ppl playing this game in a teamplay kinda spirit wich is a sad thing that this is a big nerf to those ppl who actually team up and do so in actuall manor and not just "join 1/5 wb's in zone and do basicly /fallow & stand on flag"

Taking away even more tree's / speccs from tanks is not a good thing either, expecially when some of them actually have requirment to use a 2h for ex. a KD or w/e. sure this can be solved with future fixes/tweaks. but going 2h as a tank was already a trade of in many aspects. Some times worth it sometimes not, it's all situationall and that is what makes it fun..speccing for your roll to play, but in essence you where always a tank. Taking away the core mechanic (well, nerfing it by half) is a BIG change.

So if you actually wanna make the game more friendly for the generall person with less risk of being ganked by a small group playing (cuz your /follow didnt work or not reading the chat in caps ""FOLLOW ME") it "better" in regards of teamwork you went in the right direction. teaming up in voice coms and actually speaking with eachother while coming up with strats is maybe not a disairable trait, or is it just to much EZ-mode in 6man i wonder?...
Last edited by Drozen on Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LoB & Shitters.

Droze - Chosen
Inches - Ironbreaker
Trenwreck - BlackOrc
Vise - Blackguard
Drozez - KoTOPS!
CasperTFS - Marauder
Drozzen - Warriorpriest
Youtube;

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC3fjE ... subscriber

Dackle

Post#123 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:19 pm

What was the note something about, since I chose to play solo that I don't get xp or rr for... ? What is this about?

anarchypark

Post#124 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:21 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:05 pm
anarchypark wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:59 pm

now that bonus is halved.
would you change to snb? i think not. cuz guard was never your interest.
so there will be less dmg reduction = more dmg = more kills.

Yes - yes I would change to SNB: your primary role as a tank (both SNB and 2h) is to support and aid your teammates by taking damage meant for them to yourself; you do this via Guard, which is your absolute number 1 priority.

You cannot look at 'certain suicidal 2H SMs' in SC (who have never had any intention of bettering themselves or playing with their teammates, together, as a unit) and assume such selfish and chaotic play is what every 2H tank aspires to be like.

If you refuse to use your Guard, then that is your prerogative, and I strongly suggest that you play another class.

those handful 2h tanks using guard swap might change to snb, or not. it's their call.
let's not assume 2h tanks are doomed.
it's funny so many ppl who didn't guard suddenly act like they did. i had to point it out.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ryzom

Post#125 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:24 pm

No it does not go in the right direction and that's what I think and we have the right not to think like you.
So yes I'm happy to be on another server when I see what you do War and how you denature this game.
Ni dieu ni maître

XxBRAZYxX

Post#126 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:26 pm

Well with AOE LOS, I guess BWs are basically sitting ducks now, huh? :? ..static positioning for most spells + aoe los = doom.

Aurandilaz

Post#127 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:27 pm

Well, commentary from a warbandpleb and pvegrinder;

It's bit confusing. Guard is the main purpose of having a tank in party - to mitigate damage, and on the side add some extra dmg pressure and possible debuff arsenal or buffs, some CC - yet the main task is mitigating damage in guard range, which is about as vital as it gets when ensuring that melee can function in a game where hordes of people play ranged dps due to relative easy of ranged low risk pewpew vs high risk high reward meleetrain, where a vulnerable melee dps has to push while taking often quite severe ranged pressure.

Were SnB tanks underperforming? Hardly. They are mostly either for warband specs, or pve specs. Some SnB tanks were good, others like, say BG, or IB, just trash (class balance issues) - and they are still there at the bottom of the barrel compared to better SnB tank picks.
Were ranged dps underperforming? Doubting. Yet, as result of change, melee dps trying to push with Guard help,will now melt faster, so this is an indirect buff to ranged meta game, which is pretty typical for orvr campaign and especially keeps/forts. Not that scs either lack ranged players.
Then, were 2h tanks overperforming? Also doubting. You have limited the availability of some vital CC gaming from SnB specs, meaning you need 2h for best possible CC puntgaming. Taking 2h instead of SnB was a conscious risk, of losing HTL + block coverage, in favour of extra dps from larger weapon and variety of other buffs that are in many cases locked to 2hander specs (all good BG stuff basically + SM WoDS which about as career defining as WL Pounce).

You have already "nuked" some 2hander specs in past, namely all the known 2hander warband specs;
in memoriam of;
-2hander Chosen - loss of Crippling Strikes (30% dmg reduction was balanced - assuming your enemy has actually competent BW players each pumping out 12.000 damage per second which they are capable of; -30% dmg to that and they are pumping still 8.4k dps - not my fault majority of the BWs or Order warbands are incapable of getting good BW dps players to play competently together)

-2h Knight - crit aura nerf, again running one 2hander knight in WB was worth the +10% chance to be critted on enemies when KOTB ran a melee aura combined with tactic - this was changed to affect one of their AoE abilities which is on 10 sec cd, which basically was a death sentence to the previous warband spec as getting said debuff out only every 10 sec and possibly parried/blocked made it unviable. That on top of having a high risk tank melting always before other tanks, and then having their dps melt faster as well.

-2h BG build - again, despite having been playing Destro warbands for about 2 years or so - we have never included a 2h BG in our normal warband compositions, simply because you lose so much from not taking a BO or a Chosen with SnB + multiple utility loss, for a possible gain of +10 chance to be crit on enemies assuming perfectly landed Crimson Death. Their Guarded target would melt fast, and the tank would also melt faster than normal warband tanks. Too high risk, limited reward - TUP running 0 BGs since forever, and because of today's patch, well, we already buried the coffin of the BG class, but lets add one final nail to it? :)

Why this all is so confusing - is because no one has given a good properly thorough explanation as to why 2hander Guard needed nerfing. Due to this change in meta gameplay, it will have after-tremors on both viability of meleetrains itself and boosting the power of ranged gameplay as enemy melee Guard is now quite abruptly nerfhammered.

Brizio

Post#128 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:27 pm

anarchypark wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:59 pm wait a sec guys.
why you assume 2h tanks will change to SnB ?
there were not many 2h tanks interest in guard job anyway.

let's be honest.
how many of you play 2h tank for 50% dmg reduction?
prime purpose was utility from 2h. guard was second priority. am i wrong?
only handful few 2h tanks valued guard over utility.

for majority
most important was 2h skills, guard was just put and forget thing.

now that bonus is halved.
would you change to snb? i think not. cuz guard was never your interest.
so there will be less dmg reduction = more dmg = more kills.

time to test guys.

p.s guard and detaunt don't stack.

Most pugs and warbanders don't even join forums, i guess. So you have to assum ppl here are small scale group based therefore they use guard. And this change was a big hit on it.

Ads
ToXoS

Post#129 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:28 pm

Skitup wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:08 pm Make tree hit combo useable with snb again. I've been saying this ever since they made that change, there's nothing wrong with it. Give You Wot the great weapon requirement
I wanted to roll a SnB BO to try out the bruiser build literally 2 days before tree hit combo got changed to 2H only. Looks like we keep losing build diversity over time in this game.
Another example, I played a defensive 2H SM for some time because I liked it. If today I would want to play it again, I would not be able to even guard someone effectively, thanks to this patch.

Tesq

Post#130 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:29 pm

XxBRAZYxX wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:26 pm Well with AOE LOS, I guess BWs are basically sitting ducks now, huh? :? ..static positioning for most spells + aoe los = doom.
ther is 1 only sich where this is relevant and is during static keep siege or similar def into a structure sich , channeling in corner behind walls.

in open field this change is a not issue at all as you always use it on side of thing rather than turn camera.