Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
rmpl

Re: Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Post#171 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:28 pm

Telen wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:20 pm You can heal from dps on a healer its just very inferior. Just as you can tank as 2h but it will be.
2h doesn't exactly mean that your tanking is inferior, you simply get a different set of abilities.

Ads
Wdova

Post#172 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:28 pm

I am not gonna complain nor whine about nerfing guard mitigation if using 2h. I Just want to give my 2 cents even my main tank is SNB since level 1.

If reason behind this was about separate 2h tanks as wannabe DPS And SNB as proper tank I would rather suggest tie this to focused offence tactic which could looks like this:
Focused offence increase dmg by 25% while lower Your armor by 25% And Your guard Will redirect only 25% dmg insted of 50%

To be honest I dont see the need to nerf guard dmg for every one because many tanks using 2h Just for utility while doing laughable dmg. For example KOTBS. He using 2h Just for arcing swing AOE wounds debuff And crit debuff + faster CD for knockback. His dmg outpoot is just laughable no matter how much strengt You stack so most of these kobses are equiped And speced defensively.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Paura

Post#173 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:28 pm

altharion1 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:44 pm
Spoiler:
Welcome back Torq
Irrelevant to patch notes.
give this man a medal :D

Telen
Suspended

Post#174 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:29 pm

bloodi wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:22 pm Yeah and you cant dps as a 2h tank, you see the difference here Telen?

I made a little map for you in case you missed it:

Healers can dps like a proper dps when switch roles, they however cannot heal like a proper healer can.

Tanks cant dps like a proper dps when they switch roles, they however could still perform as tanks.

This is why you are talking nonsense.
Healers cant dps like proper dps when they switch roles. They absolutely cant dps anything like them if they are lifetapping. Ive topped dmg on sm loads of times. Id say its dmg is comparable to a dps healer.

Mepharees

Post#175 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:29 pm

Did you consider having guard scale with a defensive stat like parry etc?
This way, 2h tanks would have to sacrifice more of their offense if they want to "boost" their guard back or close to "50%".

davispeed
Game Artist

Post#176 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:30 pm

Yaliskah wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:55 pm Ok here we go.

Since the begining of this project we are testing, changing and keeping and removing changes in term of balance.

Purpose is always the same, bringing as much as possible balance to the game. Sometime change against all odds is good, sometime it is not. But fact is, nothing is engraved in the stone.

Server has been patched what.. 4 hours ago, and even some haven't tested anything,some complain, some rejoice, some don't see the reason, some understand the motive.

This test -cause like any change it is a test first- don't come from nowhere and is motivated by players feedbacks complaining that SnB are useless compared with 2H cause tankiness and general archetype tools are not really impacted in facts when DPS is demultiplied and tools even they can be different are still usefull for the group. I personally share this, and have played Snd and 2H tank in smallscale, and lets be honest, i see no advantage to play a SnB tank, excpet in Dungeons OR to Funnel/siege, which is very situationnal...

I guess no one expect that a DPS Healer for exemple heal as much as a pure Heal. We all know the story and the river of tears about this (DOK, WP, AM, Shaman...). When a DPS heal use his basic archetype, heals are divied /2. Thats a player choice, and no one coplains about it (except those you play with in scenario).

For the same reason, I don't see why a DPS tank would have 100% access to his basic tool, and as for for the heal divide guard /2 seems to be fair.

Now, lets put a little perspective in this. Guard hasn't been removed to 2H. It has been halved. Which means, they will absorb less damages from the target they will guard (50/50 > 75/25). Good thing for the player hmself, let received damage, more survivability.

To conclude. There is no crusade against anyone. There is even no realm balance issue. There is in my very honnest opinion some leverage given to SnB tanks vs 2H tanks in term of defensive tools for the group.

To conclude part 2 : Please stay cool and civilised, we can make mistakes, and our purpose is to make the game better not worse in the end. So concrete feedbacks are welcome more than over-reactions :).
Most of the time im agree with you Yali but on this one im sorry but i just cant. DONT TAKE IT WRONG but again i think you should play the game like this "community" do to see whats really up in RvR. Right now those "experience" dont make sense at all ... and those so call "feedback" clearly dont come from the "community" but again a small portion of the server clearly. My honest opinion.

** Lock inc for like what? 4latest patch out of 6??
Last edited by davispeed on Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
]

Paura

Post#177 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:30 pm

altharion1 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:38 pm Any dev going to give us some insight on this change?

Why? What it’s trying to achieve?
He is trying to get the cosmic nothing, when you have no idea how to balance the classes you get this result.

Telen
Suspended

Post#178 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:31 pm

rmpl wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:28 pm 2h doesn't exactly mean that your tanking is inferior, you simply get a different set of abilities.
And as a healer cleanse is still a cleanse and your utility is still the same. But the way you counter dmg through replacing health pools is heavily reduced. Just as the mechanic tanks use to reduce the dmg to health pools will be reduced.

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Post#179 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:32 pm

Mepharees wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:29 pm Did you consider having guard scale with a defensive stat like parry etc?
This way, 2h tanks would have to sacrifice more of their offense if they want to "boost" their guard back or close to "50%".
Good idea

bloodi
Suspended

Post#180 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:34 pm

Telen wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:29 pm Healers cant dps like proper dps when they switch roles. They absolutely cant dps anything like them if they are lifetapping. Ive topped dmg on sm loads of times. Id say its dmg is comparable to a dps healer.
Lets just say, for a minute, that you are not actually dead wrong, which you are by the way.

So, your SM, a single class, the one that does the most damage of all tanks i may add, dictates how every other tank does damage?

Because, it really does not, Kobts/IB damage is nowhere near close, so we should balance around the tank that can actualyl dish decent damage? Even if its nowhere close to a proper dps?

They still dont have HD, like AM/WP have in their dps spec or a charge, like WP has in their dps spec or detaunts, like dps do.

They lack many of the tools a dps has, thats beside the damage but you are here, convincing us this is fair because you top damage charts in scs as your SM?

Seriously, **** off.