Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Moderators: Developer, Web Developer, Language Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
User avatar
Grunbag
Project Team
Posts: 1641

Re: Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Post#441 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:38 am

qwerty113 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:59 am
Guys rework plz last bonus for wh, give him at least 100 melee power or 10 crit chance.
No changes on Invader bonus are planned for now .
We/WH got proc morale damage every time their attack are defended and it’s a good bonus .

Each set should be different and some will give crit , some don’t like on live . Feel free to mix or grind any set you want .
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Image

Ads
mubbl
Posts: 152

Re: Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Post#442 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:59 am

Spoiler:
Yaliskah wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:55 pm
Ok here we go.

Since the begining of this project we are testing, changing and keeping and removing changes in term of balance.

Purpose is always the same, bringing as much as possible balance to the game. Sometime change against all odds is good, sometime it is not. But fact is, nothing is engraved in the stone.

Server has been patched what.. 4 hours ago, and even some haven't tested anything,some complain, some rejoice, some don't see the reason, some understand the motive.

This test -cause like any change it is a test first- don't come from nowhere and is motivated by players feedbacks complaining that SnB are useless compared with 2H cause tankiness and general archetype tools are not really impacted in facts when DPS is demultiplied and tools even they can be different are still usefull for the group. I personally share this, and have played Snd and 2H tank in smallscale, and lets be honest, i see no advantage to play a SnB tank, excpet in Dungeons OR to Funnel/siege, which is very situationnal...

I guess no one expect that a DPS Healer for exemple heal as much as a pure Heal. We all know the story and the river of tears about this (DOK, WP, AM, Shaman...). When a DPS heal use his basic archetype, heals are divied /2. Thats a player choice, and no one coplains about it (except those you play with in scenario).

For the same reason, I don't see why a DPS tank would have 100% access to his basic tool, and as for for the heal divide guard /2 seems to be fair.

Now, lets put a little perspective in this. Guard hasn't been removed to 2H. It has been halved. Which means, they will absorb less damages from the target they will guard (50/50 > 75/25). Good thing for the player hmself, let received damage, more survivability.

To conclude. There is no crusade against anyone. There is even no realm balance issue. There is in my very honnest opinion some leverage given to SnB tanks vs 2H tanks in term of defensive tools for the group.

To conclude part 2 : Please stay cool and civilised, we can make mistakes, and our purpose is to make the game better not worse in the end. So concrete feedbacks are welcome more than over-reactions :).
wheres the math? :lol:

User avatar
Nidwin
Posts: 605

Re: Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Post#443 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:06 pm

Zod24 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:37 am
Nidwin wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:51 am
Let's see if this properly reduces that horrible, and abused, double 2H cross guarded tanks gameplay in efficiency.

Good patch and don't let those hypocrites crying about that omfl 50% -> 25% RIP 2H bullcrap influence the change.
Spoken like someone who really has no idea about what a 50-25 reduction means for 2h tanking in general. What is 'abuse double 2h cross guarded tanks gameplay'? You hitting on cross guarded tanks as a Witch Elf?
You're such a tease. I just hope that mom's going to tell you a nice story tonight when you dig in.

The issue with 2H tanks is that they're still mitigating like tanks. So what we are having here are 2 not so loldps 2H tanks cross guarding each other and reducing a crapload of damage thrown at them to noise.

Conq 3.3k armor and I doubt, except Chinesehero maybe, that 2h tanks are running around with 6.5k wounds and 250 toughness.
My WE's explode in 3-4 gcd when two 2H not so loldps focus them. Best case scenario for my WE's.

Cry me a river Zod24 and I think you know what you can do for my part. :twisted:
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Tobias26
Posts: 70

Re: Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Post#444 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:14 pm

Nidwin wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:06 pm


Conq 3.3k armor and I doubt, except Chinesehero maybe, that 2h tanks are running around with 6.5k wounds and 250 toughness.
My WE's explode in 3-4 gcd when two 2H not so loldps focus them. Best case scenario for my WE's.
Your WE have many abilities to avoid damage. If you don't use them and trying to tanking damage, even from 2h tanks - I have bad news for you. If that was 2 WL you'd die in 1-2 gcd.
Duis - Chosen 40/76
Tobiasx - KotBS 40/69

Tobias26
Posts: 70

Re: Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Post#445 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:16 pm

Nidwin wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:06 pm


Conq 3.3k armor and I doubt, except Chinesehero maybe, that 2h tanks are running around with 6.5k wounds and 250 toughness.
My WE's explode in 3-4 gcd when two 2H not so loldps focus them. Best case scenario for my WE's.

Your WE have many abilities to avoid damage. If you don't use them and trying to tanking damage without guard on you, even from 2h tanks - I have bad news for you. If that was 2 WL you'd die in 1-2 gcd.
Duis - Chosen 40/76
Tobiasx - KotBS 40/69

User avatar
peterthepan3
Posts: 6509

Re: Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Post#446 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:17 pm

Nidwin wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:06 pm
Zod24 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:37 am
Nidwin wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:51 am
Let's see if this properly reduces that horrible, and abused, double 2H cross guarded tanks gameplay in efficiency.

Good patch and don't let those hypocrites crying about that omfl 50% -> 25% RIP 2H bullcrap influence the change.
Spoken like someone who really has no idea about what a 50-25 reduction means for 2h tanking in general. What is 'abuse double 2h cross guarded tanks gameplay'? You hitting on cross guarded tanks as a Witch Elf?
You're such a tease. I just hope that mom's going to tell you a nice story tonight when you dig in.

The issue with 2H tanks is that they're still mitigating like tanks. So what we are having here are 2 not so loldps 2H tanks cross guarding each other and reducing a crapload of damage thrown at them to noise.

Conq 3.3k armor and I doubt, except Chinesehero maybe, that 2h tanks are running around with 6.5k wounds and 250 toughness.
My WE's explode in 3-4 gcd when two 2H not so loldps focus them. Best case scenario for my WE's.

Cry me a river Zod24 and I think you know what you can do for my part. :twisted:
Why are people peddling this myth?

You lose out on Block
You lose out on Hold the Line

You keep your Heavy Armour - that's true - but you are nowhere near as good as a SnB is for deflecting damage from teammates onto yourself, nor can you stay afloat half as well when pressured.

If you see two tanks crossguarding each other, then you should get your tanks to utilise timed punts on one of them, so that you can deliver your WE burst the moment their Guard is no longer effective (if you don't believe a 2h tank can be blown up easily, I implore you to ask some of the WEs like Nicelook or Teinhala for their thoughts on the matter).
Last edited by peterthepan3 on Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
Drysill
Posts: 33

Re: Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Post#447 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:17 pm

Tobias26 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:17 am
Drysill wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:08 am

I hear ‘I play 2h but its only on defensive role and bla bla bla’… Who are you trying to convince?? Some 5-y old?? You play 2h for the extra dps. If you want extra dps and extra offensive utility, you need to sacrifice some defensive for that, its only fair, just like the other off-spec classes.
OK, if you think 2h tank is dps class - let's leave the guard nerfed, but will give 2h tanks all typical abilities of a dps classes, including the same dps, mobility skills (WL leap for the start), reducing healing by 50%, sprint for 50% faster movement, immune to slow/root for 10 seconds and AoE detaunt that will subside only when the tank attacks the target of this detaunt. Do you agree?
In another universe but ok...

Yes i agree, as long as you give DPS class ALL tank skills/abilities as well.
Give my WL all typical abilities of a tank class, including Taunt, Challenge, 1k toughness, 0,7k resistance, Heavy Armor, 100f Punt and bla bla bla...
Deal?

Tobias26
Posts: 70

Re: Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Post#448 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:30 pm

Drysill wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:17 pm

Yes i agree, as long as you give DPS class ALL tank skills/abilities as well.
Give my WL all typical abilities of a tank class, including Taunt, Challenge, 1k toughness, 0,7k resistance, Heavy Armor, 100f Punt and bla bla bla...
Deal?
I should have known you were playing for WL... If you are trying to achieve at least any dps from your tank - you will have no more than 400-500 toughness. Resistance have the tank not differ from resistance another class - 700 resistance is obtained with aura, which can act on your WL also, as and on my tank. With focused offence tactic, the tank has no more armor than your WL. Punch - no problem, just with remove your Fetch. Taunt - no problem, it will replace your Primal Fury. Deal?
Last edited by Tobias26 on Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Duis - Chosen 40/76
Tobiasx - KotBS 40/69

Ads
User avatar
oaliaen
Posts: 564

Re: Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Post#449 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:38 pm

Grunbag wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:38 am
qwerty113 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:59 am
Guys rework plz last bonus for wh, give him at least 100 melee power or 10 crit chance.
No changes on Invader bonus are planned for now .
We/WH got proc morale damage every time their attack are defended and it’s a good bonus .

Each set should be different and some will give crit , some don’t like on live . Feel free to mix or grind any set you want .
Ok, could you giv the explanation for that bonus on choppa invader set ? Was that part of 2h buff plan?
ImageImage

Foltestik
Posts: 468

Re: Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Post#450 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:02 pm

oaliaen wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:38 pm
Ok, could you giv the explanation for that bonus on choppa invader set ? Was that part of 2h buff plan?
2hand choppa dont need buff, he can almost 2 shot order squishi

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests