Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 06/04/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Sudien

Re: Patch Notes 06/04/2019

Post#41 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:25 pm

to fix the bo afk's .... make the bo not to tick ... but make a 3min window where other realm cant take it after you take ... if no tick ppl wont wait in bo to mantain the buf ... so only premades farming bo's will be the new game ...

Ads
Brutinho

Post#42 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:26 pm

Good changes overall. Any chance we can get old AAO system to encourage off-zerg fights on BOs ?
[BG] Amelios RR8X
[SH] Gittens RR8X | [SHM] Moquito RR 6X
[IB] Ambiorix RR 7X
[KOBS] Quarterback RR7X

Glorian

Post#43 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:48 pm

GNZ wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:11 pmFix dwarf mount
Has anyone made a ticket for it?

anarchypark

Post#44 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:54 pm

kuj0jotar0 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:46 am So WBs that keep BOs to get keep 2 stars get nothing while the roaming WBs, solo killers and 6men get a renown buff?

It was boring to hold a BO now it's boring and rewardless.

exactly. don't be boring. go roam, solo kill, get a grp.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

machopi1

Post#45 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:00 pm

HA! No more ticks! Fuсk BO afkers!

xanderous

Post#46 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:15 pm

Can we just get rid of the concept of holding BO's and just change it to fight each other in those areas, get enough kills, next BO unlocks, if one side is zerging spawn a massive mob that does tons of CC such as large aoe knockbacks, rifts and snares to break up the zerg, allowing them to counter, put a timer on so it can't be abused, might give players a glimmer of hope who are outnumbered and would be sic :lol:
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

oldone

Post#47 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:18 pm

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:09 am [General]

- Disconnect issues from the beginning of the week seem to be resolved with out hotfixes through the week.

**tries to log into character***
**gets kicked**
***try EVERY other character on account***
***all get kicked***

Uhhhhh...No?

drmordread
Suspended

Post#48 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:30 pm

Musica wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:48 am BO changes are good. Nicely done.
drmordread wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:08 am Hate to say it, but the no RR ticks ... worst idea ever. I know there are those who cry that they hate sitting still at flags, but hey, you cant let the peanut gallery run the game.

Here is why. Hate to be blunt ... no wait ... I dont hate being blunt... OK we are good

1- Basically you just made the zones a giant game of Zerg Around The Rosie, with everyone chasing each other around to cap a BO. Run to the next one, while enemy does the same. BASICALLY ... you saw the constant movement in forts stage 2 and someone thought..."WOW...this is a good idea for rvr dudes!" ... Yeah ... NOPE....

2. As primarily on SC player you just took out any incentive what so ever to get in the lakes. Period. Ever.

3. What happens when one side zergs too hard and other side turtles in keep or goes to another zone? No fight ... no fights = no RR. Who cares if you have 40% RR buff, if there is nothing to gain you RR? ... anyone? anyone? Bueller?

4. I know, I know. People cry about sitting on a BO. Tough. Let them learn patience. Let them learn strategy. Let them learn tactics. Let them learn how to play a wonderfully strategic game than can be on the parr with chess.
Instead, you are letting the "I just wanna fight dude!" mentality players influence the game YET again ... to the detriment of the game, and the majority of players.
1. Wow, almost looks like sitting on a BO afk shouldn't be rewarded because playing is more fun. Atm, you can still sit on the BO and def if you don't like the zerg, it assures us a flag and makes the keep rank up steadily. It doesn't reward you if you just planned to afk on a flag.

2. Because you can't afk while in que for SC and get renown passively? That sounds good, no work no reward.

3. If they move to another zone, you lock the zone faster. You lock the zone faster, you get the lock tick with flag bonus for more endzone gain. Again, that is if you were planning on actually playin and get your contri up to get a fat tick.

4. This point makes 0 sense. But let's try and follow it a bit.
People need to learn how to sit on a BO because it's important for strategy and stuff.
Alright, just like animals then you were trained to gather on a BO and get treats in return. Now that the trick is learned, the treat disappears. Dog training 101. What you are asking is already achieved, this is the second step.
Also, i'm sorry but you're wrong in general on this. If you run around just killing, at the end of it you will never get to keep and lock the zone. We are not enough to already properly cover all the BOs, so that would mean that if said people who want to fight only fight, they end up with no keep, which also means longer times to go to fort. People will sit on a BO anyway for that, don't worry.
Removing the let's sit on a BO and just afk till someone kills us, we port back there and restart afking is not detrimental to the game at all.

P.S. The only thing i would add tho, to avoid that there are not enough people to hold BO and to give a "strategic" incentive to actually hold them would be to make the sitting on BO start a timer. The time needed to cap the BO back for the other faction increases by the amount of time the faction that was previously holding the BO was sitting on it, up to a cap.
I.E. Minimum numbers on the BO to start the timer would be 6 or 12. Minute increase is 1:1 with minute spent on it, cap is 5 minutes.
Now you would have people holding a BO and then moving, creating even more space for strategic gameplay as you can coordinate better to have all the BO capped.
Dunno, just an idea.
1- The biggest fallacy of your whole argument is this; People holding a BO are not afk. Are they in one place? Yes. Does not mean they are afk.

So your entire argument is "I dont want people sitting on a BO because (enter some BS reason I can not even think of)"
"More Fun", your words. What is fun? Well what is fun to me is not fun to you. What is fun for you is not fun for me. The game came designed to provide fun for a myriad of play styles. Slowly and surely, this is being reduced to one play style. Why? Who says that "YOUR" idea of fun, has to be everyone's idea of fun? What gives you the right to dictate to other players how they should have fun?
I understand that the current social norm is "If you dont agree with me you are wrong.", but this is not true. There is more than one way to have fun, but because it is not your way, (and those that think like you), it has to be gotten rid off. Selfish, but true.

The second biggest mistake; Assuming PUG wb's will play on the same level as guild/alliance organized wb's. And no this is not a que for you to regail us with the glory of organized guild alliance wb's. Some of us, hell most of us, don't want any of that BS, and never will.

2- Again, wrong assumption about being AFK. Sitting on a bo ranking the zone was (should be) rewarded because it was NEEDED. It still needs to be done, but now no reward. Guess what ... It wont be done.

3- Obviously you have given NO thought what so ever to the eventual endgame. Whoever locks 2 pairings faster wins. Now, unless the devs dumb down the game to a one pairing endgame, you will need people to do other zones. Again, no reward, no play.
As for playing for contribution; What kind of contribution do you plan on getting if opposition is in another zone ranking that up? Or even turtled up in a keep when a zerg gets real bad? Let's see ... you have 40% bonus but are getting 0 kills, so (to do my best Jayne Cobb impersonation) "40% of nothing is ...let's see ... carry the two, add the one ...ohh NOTHING" So where are you going to get contrib from for and I quote, "a big fat tick"?
Let me tell you about contrib. I sat on purpose in Reikland keep all during this mornings destro attack in reikland. Only thing I did was sally forth, cap Manor three times, ride back when capped (no point sitting on it right?). Rinse and repeat. This is what the game has DE-evolved down to. Hope your happy. Oh, and destro were not holding the BO either. They would cap and ride away to find some RR. So I did the same. I could not find ONE SINGLE solo destro anywhere to kill. For a WH class where that is the only thing they are capable of doing, this is sad. I am sure your AoE specced BW though is much more fun having more targets to AoE from a safe distance ...basically the cheesiest way to get kills in game. See what I mean by "Your way of having fun, is not everyone's way?"

Lastly; EVERYONE was happy. Well except for the ones who for some unknown reason want everyone riding around in a blob. I know its the new fad. Blob up and ride around hitting BO's evading enemy blob while picking off t2 mounted stragglers. All this new system is doing is insuring that everyone rides around together and fights together and ...whatever together, (insert some sort of bad expletive here). BOOORRRIIINNNGGGG!!!!!!

Now I know I wont change your mind. All the logic in the world would not do that because you want people to play the same style of game you play, and you will never see reason. But HEY.... It's good to know, that now you know, that not everyone thinks like you. And that's a good thing. Variety is the spice of life.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Ads
adamthelc

Post#49 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:29 pm

If there are people to fight, the BO change is alright. If there are no enemies to fight...

BO ticks werent in the game originally. I think you should consider the issues that caused them to make certain changes when you undo a change they made. Or else you are going to face plant into an issue you should have seen coming.

If that was considered then hopefully what is trying to be accomplished will be accomplished. But to me it seems like you are trying to fix a percieved issue by changing something that was never ideal, but it was the lesser of two down sides.

I think this could be a good change when the server is populated well. But in low pop situations, people might log off. Hopefully I am wrong.

Sudien

Post#50 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:48 pm

Again, make a window of 3minutes where a taken BO cant be taken from other realm ....