Patch Notes 06/04/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Sulorie

Re: Patch Notes 06/04/2019

Post#91 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:20 am

Ruotaka wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:46 pm
Yaliskah wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:30 am
Glorian wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:26 am But you still need BOs for getting Keep to 2 Stars, right?
BOs are still filling rank bar if it was the question.

Antamek wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:26 am Thanks for your work, just one question : T1 is impact too by this change ?
We are aware it could have a very important impact on T1, and we will carefully monitor it all the week.
a very important impact no ****. Doing rvr as a t-1 isnt worth it now. this was a completely terrible change. Whats the point in me doing rvr if there is no destro? Or order? i have both characters and sometimes rvr in t-1 is dead. this change makes no sense. Feels like i shouldnt even play this 12 year old game now. I dont get it. The game is fun let me game free exp in lower tier so i can move on. I want to rvr and i want to sc. sc is the only thing worth doing now for renown... what a terrible decision from your company. terrible decision making from the dev end. i cant believe it would pass your mind to remove defending from the game. what if no one wants to defend now? OH THATS WHATS HAPPENING IN RVR IN T-1 NOW. great patch. NOT. fix the game
When one side lacks players, play the underdog side. It is pretty simple.
Dying is no option.

Ads
chaosphere

Post#92 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:39 am

as a solo player that hates zergling- balls and pvdoor, whats the point for mantaining a bo without reward, exposed to be killed by wh lamers while the rest take advantage of my 10%?

Manatikik

Post#93 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:44 am

chaosphere wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:39 am as a solo player that hates zergling- balls and pvdoor, whats the point for mantaining a bo without reward, exposed to be killed by wh lamers while the rest take advantage of my 10%?
Honest question, do you actively enjoy sitting solo on BO’s if there is a slow drip of RR? Like I’m all for
Guarding a BO to rank up a keep or lock a zone but I’ve never just sat on a BO for gameplay.
<Montague><Capulet>

chaosphere

Post#94 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:52 am

im enjoying contributing to close the zone with some reward if i want stay in bo im free to decide how i play

Aethilmar

Post#95 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:01 am

Tesq wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:17 pm
Aethilmar wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:29 pm If you are going to screw with the BO mechanics, why not just go old school?

3-5 min lock timer
Need 4 BOs locked to cap zone

At least it made the end of the zone cap more interesting for the underdog.
That would create a loosing faction zerg which tab 1 flag at time vs a spreading winning faction, it's dumb and exatly what we dont need....we need a meccanic which split both zerg equally all over the map .

Live had these individual lock which created this. We instead need a single simultaneous lock/open for all flag so that both faction must cap em togheter with out be able to snowball one after another. Its similar to live yet different.
Yeah, I am fully aware of what it does and does not do. This magical mechanic that splits the zerg up across the map does not exist. Every variation of the BOs cap scheme has some nasty side effect and/or drawback and NONE of them break up the zerg. At all. Ever.

The only mechanics that should be considered at all are one that encourage participation and give the losing side a reason to continue to head out into the lake. The timers at least had that going for them. There are other options too. But just give up on the whole "split the zerg" thing because nothing on live or on this server ever managed to accomplish it.

Prochuvi

Post#96 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:14 am

"Removed the BO ticks"

Only mi opinion but it is a faill.
Plz revert it

Musica

Post#97 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:22 am

drmordread wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:09 pm
Musica wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:52 pm
drmordread wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:30 pm
Stuff.

Dude, there's not a single reason to keep this going anymore.
Fortunately for us, neither of us has control over the decisions taken by who runs this. I gave my opinion, you gave yours. Enough.

Hydrium

Post#98 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:27 am

Oh boy, now I have no reason to venture near a BO.

Ads
Manatikik

Post#99 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:29 am

Hydrium wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:27 am Oh boy, now I have no reason to venture near a BO.
Except them juicey defense ticks.
<Montague><Capulet>

adamthelc

Post#100 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:03 am

Sulorie wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:20 am
Ruotaka wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:46 pm
Yaliskah wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:30 am

BOs are still filling rank bar if it was the question.

We are aware it could have a very important impact on T1, and we will carefully monitor it all the week.
a very important impact no ****. Doing rvr as a t-1 isnt worth it now. this was a completely terrible change. Whats the point in me doing rvr if there is no destro? Or order? i have both characters and sometimes rvr in t-1 is dead. this change makes no sense. Feels like i shouldnt even play this 12 year old game now. I dont get it. The game is fun let me game free exp in lower tier so i can move on. I want to rvr and i want to sc. sc is the only thing worth doing now for renown... what a terrible decision from your company. terrible decision making from the dev end. i cant believe it would pass your mind to remove defending from the game. what if no one wants to defend now? OH THATS WHATS HAPPENING IN RVR IN T-1 NOW. great patch. NOT. fix the game
When one side lacks players, play the underdog side. It is pretty simple.
That is a reasonable suggestion that most people will never follow. They will just get bored and log off. Some people would say that sitting on a BO is also boring, but people will do that because they feel like they are still progressing.

I dont remember the exact reason they added BO ticks. I think it was to get people to actually sit on BOs. It also gives people something to do when there is no action. Since at the time you couldnt just switch sides.

It's one thing to fix a problem because its causing a problem. It's another thing to "fix" something because some people dont like the idea of others just sitting "afk" and getting xp/rp.

I hope this actually fixes what ever percieved problem there was and it doesnt cause people to just stop playing. It was implemented for a reason and the only difference I see is that people can switch sides if they choose and you need to rank to spawn a ram.

To me it doesnt seem like people are going to want to sit on BOs so other people can fight and get more rewards. I hope I am wrong.

As for T1. I think most people are trying to level specific characters and wont want to switch to make balance better. Sure there are probably some people with multiple T1 characters across both factions, but I am not sure it's enough to actually change anything most of the time. So people will start to complain about how long it takes to level out of t1. OR they will complain about having to do more PvE. Once again, I hope I am wrong.

It seems like a lot of changes are being made based on what vocal people with narrow views complain about. Not liking the idea of something doesnt mean changing it will be good for the health of the game.