Ads

Patch Notes 05/05/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
peterthepan3

Re: Patch Notes 05/05/2019

Post#41 » Sun May 05, 2019 8:32 pm

Grobbok wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 6:53 pm
so new weapons from sc, new weapons from dungeons, WHERE are new weapons from rvr?
what game are we playing? pve? pvp? or RVR?
Who can die the most in the shortest period of time? 8-)

Please don't pretend that RvR doesn't already offer you a plethora of **** (Invader, anyone???).

Ads
Alfa1986

Post#42 » Sun May 05, 2019 8:46 pm

Hargrim wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 7:07 pm
Grobbok wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 6:53 pm ...

How many times you need to be told that this game is not and never was just PvP / RvR game?
strange statements, as far as I remember initially, it was just positioned as a rvr game, which distinguished it favorably from the Korean grind games sample of the years 2005-2010.

but as for me, I prefer рvр or pve rather than stupid running around with a group in the zone in search of players or singles lagging behind the warband)
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

anarchypark

Post#43 » Mon May 06, 2019 12:47 am

Wam wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 4:26 pm
Spoiler:
By the time you've done 3 gunbads and then done some city runs... you will easily of got subj gear from orvr zerg riding if it was your main, only a few characters will be different/exception to that rule like my blackguard (being rr 20 ruin (pre red eye) and carried in gunbad guild team as a liability off tank and pro healers QQ the entire time (when gunbad was harder) but as leader of one of the biggest guilds and having 9 destro characters warded already I am one of the few exceptions)

Earning City weapons is harder than earning subj... yet subj is superior in most cases... there are only a few exceptions from 24 classes... only a handful of classes benifit from proc off hand / debuff... some classes even get op crit proc, but magic casters don't get anything useful imo... so there's a bit of a disparity between the classes when it comes to these new weapons in whats semi useful/worthwhile and what is just bank clutter/skin... just my two cents :twisted:

what's wrong with RvR weapons being easy to get?
you've set standard on easy farming and then assume all other weapons should share same difficulty to farm.
i doubt devs gonna fall to that logic.
it's different cuz RvR and PvE are different.

ppl say PvE are easy.
yet so many ppl fail on positioning, interrupting, taunt and detaunt aka basics.
PvE is dummy practice ground, IMO. tutorial for noobs.
after 3x3 gunbad and 15 city runs they might learn it.
and full of treasures from dungeon adventures.
that's what dungeons for, don't u think?
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

adamthelc

Post#44 » Mon May 06, 2019 2:15 am

In the live version I dont remember any good weapons you could get through RvR outside of like warlord PQs. If you count those.

I think that's why they added scenario weapons.

People want the game to be exactly like the original, unless it doesn't conform to an individual's idea of what they think the game was meant to be.

Tesq

Post#45 » Mon May 06, 2019 2:57 am

adamthelc wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 2:15 am In the live version I dont remember any good weapons you could get through RvR outside of like warlord PQs. If you count those.

People want the game to be exactly like the original, unless it doesn't conform to an individual's idea of what they think the game was meant to be.
You remember bad:
-purple bags from keep
-piurple bags from fortress
-purple bags city istances

THEN in 1.3.x they added the sc weapons

adamthelc

Post#46 » Mon May 06, 2019 3:12 am

Tesq wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 2:57 am
adamthelc wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 2:15 am In the live version I dont remember any good weapons you could get through RvR outside of like warlord PQs. If you count those.

You remember bad:
-purple bags from keep

Nothing worth using, so if they even dropped I dont remember them. They may have added decent weapons to city PQs after scenario weapons were released. I stopped playing seriously after the scenario weapon debacle so I cant really speak with much reliability after that.

Tesq

Post#47 » Mon May 06, 2019 3:30 am

adamthelc wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 3:12 am
Tesq wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 2:57 am

You remember bad:
-purple bags from keep

Nothing worth using, so if they even dropped I dont remember them. They may have added decent weapons to city PQs after scenario weapons were released. I stopped playing seriously after the scenario weapon debacle so I cant really speak with much reliability after that.
they were not worth after sc weapons got added, before weapons were inferior to armors and not in the same league and it was good that way..still there were weapons and sc weaposn got added later on.

adamthelc

Post#48 » Mon May 06, 2019 4:01 am

I could be wrong but I believe warlord PQ weapons and dungeon weapons were the best before scenario weapons. Warlord PQ weapons werent easy to come by for everyone so dungeon weapons were the way to.

That's excluding certain specifics that I might not know or remember. Like an epic axe with an armor debuff was an option for Slayers. Or if you had tyrant there was some 4 speed GW from LotD. There may have been some good weapon speed dagger for a WE somewhere else, stuff like that.

In terms of dps or item level I believe it was Warlord PQ then LV. But I could be misremembering.

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#49 » Mon May 06, 2019 4:28 am

Alfa1986 wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 8:46 pm
Grobbok wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 6:53 pm ...

How many times you need to be told that this game is not and never was just PvP / RvR game?
strange statements, as far as I remember initially, it was just positioned as a rvr game, which distinguished it favorably from the Korean grind games sample of the years 2005-2010.

but as for me, I prefer рvр or pve rather than stupid running around with a group in the zone in search of players or singles lagging behind the warband)
Why exactly are you quoting me?

Alfa1986

Post#50 » Mon May 06, 2019 4:49 am

Hargrim wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 4:28 am
Alfa1986 wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 8:46 pm

Why exactly are you quoting me?

I just want to say
maybe WH is never been a purely pvp game as the developers intended, but it was positioned as a rvr /pvp on the market.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum