Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 05/05/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Karl

Re: Patch Notes 05/05/2019

Post#51 » Mon May 06, 2019 5:00 am

Thx for the new content! I have one request/comment/feedback tho - would it be possible to change the path of the SC weaps? I took the def ones on my SW/SM and would like to go dps now on the latest ones, but then i have to grind the 45 ones all over...

Kind regards
K

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#52 » Mon May 06, 2019 5:14 am

Alfa1986 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 4:49 am I just want to say
maybe WH is never been a purely pvp game as the developers intended, but it was positioned as a rvr /pvp on the market.

It had PvE dungeons and more than half of the world was PvE, so the facts speak for themselves.

Also, my post was directed at Grobbok because he time and time again ask 'why pve in WHO', you would thought that he would know by now, as same answer was given several times already.

Neil

Post#53 » Mon May 06, 2019 5:37 am

I'm happy with the the Weapons, they're better but it is just a small improvement, that make the top geared players not to superior.

I really don't like the decision to trade in the older weapon, because of loosing an unique appereance.
SL NEILOR RR7X | BO NEILER RR7X

Grobbok

Post#54 » Mon May 06, 2019 6:14 am

Neil wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 5:37 am I really don't like the decision to trade in the older weapon
ye, trade with the old version is a very big mistake
this system is against players, especially against new players who now have to farm 2 weapons and lost one to get new one
lider of Da fat squigs guild

Alfa1986

Post#55 » Mon May 06, 2019 6:40 am

Hargrim wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 5:14 am
Alfa1986 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 4:49 am I just want to say
maybe WH is never been a purely pvp game as the developers intended, but it was positioned as a rvr /pvp on the market.

It had PvE dungeons and more than half of the world was PvE, so the facts speak for themselves.

Also, my post was directed at Grobbok because he time and time again ask 'why pve in WHO', you would thought that he would know by now, as same answer was given several times already.
Has warhammer always been pve game ? Well, ok, what then to talk about wow?!? he simply writes like this because everything is exactly the opposite in the public mind
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Collateral

Post#56 » Mon May 06, 2019 7:27 am

Really stupid that you have to trade in your weapon for a slightly better one. Who the hell thought this was a good idea? So not only do you lose a weapon, you also lose the appearance. Also, what if I don't have the older one? I have to farm 2k more emblems (in case of 2h) for a weapon I will never use in combat, nor will I be able to use it for appearance. Another unnecessary grind wall. I want to feel progress when I'm playing for fun. Like this you will barely progress in a couple weeks time. I just don't see how you guys don't realize the grind is keeping people away. Not all people of course, but a decent amount. There are better ways of keeping players playing and enjoying, and it's definitely not putting in long grinds.

RuffRyder

Glory weapon trade-in / SC currency

Post#57 » Mon May 06, 2019 7:36 am

First of all thanks to the devs for finally implementing new weapons, especially from different sources, and thanks to Norkalli for their development. More content for working towards is always a pleasure!

While some minor changes like stat corrections will certainly come soon, I want to give some feedback regarding the SC weapons and their costs.

From the PoV of improving while leveling and thus switching to higher level weapons of the same type it totally makes sense to trade-in a previous weapon for a new one, if it is bound to a price reduction compared to buying a new weapon in general.
So for clarification: Is the trade-in meant to be a price reduction or what is its reason? (Maybe Wargrimnir or Hargrim can answer?)

Considering ppl that collect all types of weapons (which may be a minority), but also ppl like me that run a variety of different specs it is somewhat bad to being forced to trade-in a weapon that I may still want to keep for that reason (or appearence like mentioned already).

Example: I buy Glory weapons for a defensive spec on dps class with lower level of gear (Dominator), but also run a offensive spec with Vanquisher.
At the moment I have to choose whether to trade-in my Glory weapons for Reverence weapons, what doesn't make sense in every case (e.g. no HP regen on them), while for the next level of offensive weapons I have to farm both the old Glory ones plus enough Oppressor Emblems to buy them, so around double the price.

Are there plans (I read some post in RoR Discord mentioning conversion rate of Oppressor to Conqueror Emblems) to tone down the cost for this scenario? Having the same price of 750 Emblems of higher level for a weapon of higher level is reasonable, but it would be good to consider giving the players maybe two options, one with and one without trading in their old weapons.

Thanks in advance for your statements, ooking forward for more changes.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

wonshot

Post#58 » Mon May 06, 2019 7:53 am

Warbandshitter reporting in with some feedback:

I dont mind variety and mixing up the content, but I dont like the feeling of being forced to do X activity and for long periods of time.

I mainly do oRvR and warbands. I dont mind running a dungeon to get a gear set, or in this case do SOME scenarios once in a while and slowly build towards a minor upgrade.
But as of right now I got rr81.5 on my BW and a total of 115 conq tokens for the first staff, and then 100 of the next tier ones. It is fair to say, i dont really enjoy scs for a multitude of reaons.

So I am fine with the staff only being a slight upgrade and a long grind, for people who actually enjoy the content. But I would very much like to have same tier avaiable to me via other activities aswel. Such as from Pve, or oRvR. So I can pick my activity and work towards my progression/goal/upgrade the way I enjoy Warhammer.

As of right now I have been hardstuck with the same BiS gear for my playstyle, 4piece Onslaught since it released, Gutslime staff since the dawn of day, Genesis and Beastlord mix and two piece conq(could be replaced by vanq)

So I have not done any PvE dungeons to get my wards, I have not grinded any scs to get my medallions. And with future content coming out requireing massive ammounts of grind in terms of getting lesser/greater wards simply to get one Sentinal ring + talisman, it is fairly offputting to suddenly feel this change of phase as of how we accure gear, especially when the different procs/ bonuses are not all appealing for a class (invader for BW might be good for singletarget pew pew scs, but why does this set not come from scs instead of orvr where it is absolutly terrible for aoe)
Yes I had a way too easy time getting my Best in Slot gear, but the sudden change of phase as to how I should catchup is overwhelming.

Basicly
1. Make sure the different gear tiers are compareable to their activity. Aoe sets for orvr (procs and bonuses)
2. Keep in mind the grind can be overwhelmingly long for players feeling forced to do an activity if there are no better options available from their favorit activities. (sc/pve/orvr)
3. Get a finger on the pulse in terms of what stats are actually appealing. Weaponskill on tankset? Wounds proc for class canons? no ty. I care about magicpower and critchange on a caster.
Last edited by wonshot on Mon May 06, 2019 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
Dammy095

Post#59 » Mon May 06, 2019 7:56 am

wonshot wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 7:53 am
So I have not done any PvE dungeons to get my wards, I have not grinded any scs to get my medallions.
you dont really need new items then

wonshot

Post#60 » Mon May 06, 2019 7:59 am

Dammy095 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 7:56 am
wonshot wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 7:53 am
So I have not done any PvE dungeons to get my wards, I have not grinded any scs to get my medallions.
you dont really need new items then
if the trend continues and Bastionstairs will bring any goodies, then yes. I do need to run gunbad and city dungeons to get my wards. To even get inside BS.

Not to mention the ring is pretty good and would be an upgrade for me, splitting up my 3piece genesis. But running Gunbad to get Redeye set, then run city dungeons 12 times to get full influence, just for such a slight upgrade is just not appealing. Too much time required for content i dont "enjoy"
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO