Ads

Patch notes 22/06/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Karast

Re: Patch notes 22/06/2019

Post#31 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:59 am

Secrets wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:19 am
drmordread wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:44 am One zone at a time...

So a campaign can be started in EU prime but only benefit USA prime (or later) players because they will finish it.

Not really fair to any players starting a campaign. They will never get rewards.
The opposite could happen as well. The goal with this is to make it less able to be 'gamed' by min/maxers.

One thing that may change in the near future, if this system doesn't work out, is T2/T3 not being required to start T4 and opening T2/T3 zones while a fort or city is in progress.
That's going to be the better option, I think. Many people simply do not enjoy forts at all, and from an organized wb perspective they often cause problems. Not all of your people make it in, so now you have to split up, and then reform later. It is a hassle for something a lot of people simply do not enjoy. We'd rather go to the side zone and fight there. Invader be damned.

If we could get a fresh T2/T3 zone when a fort opens, it would be great.

It kind of feels you are funneling people into forts, while many simply dislike them from a design or performance standpoint.

Also I hate saying it but constant crossbreeding leaves a bad taste in peoples mouths. Having the population fluctuate 50-60 after a big wipe is not fun, and encouraging people to do it to balance the population is very unrealistic. People don't swap to the underdog side. They go from the losing side to the winning side to get the maximum gain with the minimal effort. Having only 1 zone open is going to make the situation worse, not better.

Ads
Karast

Post#32 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:01 am

Greenbeast wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:32 am
Natherul wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:16 am
Herthin wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:14 am

So splitting the zerg on different Zones is completely off the table?
AAO farm in a "sidezone" is not a thing anymore exept one is into xrealming?

I kinda understand the "why" cant say im a big fan of the "how".
Im courious how this will work out in the long therm.
that option sadly never really worked nor can we have a system where more zones open based on pop if we want to have a progressing a campaign in any worthwhile way past fortresses.
I'm sorry but these changes are terrible.
If you run an organized warband and you start close to t4 zone lock you just can disband because you have nothing to do for the next hour. Same goes for everyone else who didn't get past cap.
You must either remove fort cap in that case or do something else.
100% agree. It is a nightmare for organized wb's.

porter1234

Post#33 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:05 am

another nail in the guild wb coffin with this change, 1/2 the time we start or 10mins before we start a fort is on/bout to happen. before we could roam semi deadzones at least now its afk or log off for a hour, wonder how long that will last. is this another way of trying to ram pve/sc's down ppl throats who dont play either or is it really the devs dont play the gamemode they are trying to balance for, at least not in a even remotely organized scale.

Mercenary

Post#34 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:06 am

The server is already lagging like sh** in prime time and you decide to open only one pairing. Do the devs play their own game? I dont think so. So tell me what to do in this game if im not able to get to the fort or dont want to play brainless blob vs blob?? Sry but this patch has the same quality like the guard change thing.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#35 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:12 am

Keep in mind that current implementation is most likley not the one thats goingt to be 100% the same from what the are going for.

All I was saying is that unlocking more zones for pop is not going to be the case unless we redo the entire plan for how forts and citys unlocks.

rmpl

Post#36 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:16 am

am i the only one happy about this? one pairing open means more forts and more scs for players who couldnt make it to the fort

Sulorie

Post#37 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:22 am

rmpl wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:16 am am i the only one happy about this? one pairing open means more forts and more scs for players who couldnt make it to the fort
There won't be more sc unless you xrealm to underdog side. Additionally, you will get all the sub40 stacked in sc, ideally on your own side. :lol:
Dying is no option.

Egoish

Post#38 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:23 am

So when i log into play rvr at 7pm and the fort has been pushed i'm just locked out of content for 1h and should play sc or log off?

That is really, really dumb even for the devs.

Ads
Anomanderake

Post#39 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:25 am

To me seems fair. More action on a single zone, faster progresses, more sc. But you should evaluete to put something better in SC rewards... like sentinel weapons... just saying... :D
Purake - BG 7X - GoD

For the Gaer Daecos' Freedoms

DanielWinner

Post#40 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:39 am

hint: ask for forts to be instanced so there will be more forts to join ;)
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha