Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Alfa1986

Re: Patch Notes 10/08/2019

Post#41 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:59 am

Grunbag wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:20 am
spiritbull wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:21 am
Grunbag wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:36 pm

Initially ABM and TA should not stack together . It’s a bug no one reported . TA is a ABM version for SA , that allow squig Herder to spam Pounce like WL . But there was an issue with assign pounce spam on ABM cause melee squig is dependant of his pet to stay in melee , so we created TA to replace ABM.

I have to fix this 950% damage boost and try how to prevent ABM and TA to stack .
Bug or not, but this 25% of damage in a cost of tactic slot was really NEEDED for Meely SH to have a slot in a WB. Even with 25%+25%+15% damage tactics you'd need to significantly invest into your SH (get high renown\equip close to BIS) to compete for a slot with 40/40 Sorc\Choppa. With 25% less damage SH doesn't have a place in organized warband. SHs should really be either given some utility abilities\tactics (something really worth reduction of WB damage by replacing Sorc or Choppa) or a way to increase their damage to competitive values...
Just my opinion nothing more, no offence intended
TA is not here to be an addition of ABM but replace it when you play melee squig.
If melee squig is useless without TA + ABM then we would have to review it i think.
I would advise you to consider possibility melee Squig in SA to use skills from other paths. otherwise it turns out to be too cut. It can't use disarm (if there is no battle squiq), silence, armor penetration, ini penetration, heal debuff, but have only one dps (although good), and average survival. Or need to change all time range on SA , SA on range, which in the dynamics of the battle is practically impossible. and else there are no needed enormous number skill points , which is almost useless.
Last edited by Alfa1986 on Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Ads
spiritbull

Post#42 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:50 am

Grunbag wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:20 am TA is not here to be an addition of ABM but replace it when you play melee squig.
If melee squig is useless without TA + ABM then we would have to review it i think.
Thank you for reply and all the hard work you're doing!

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#43 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:02 pm

peterthepan3

Post#44 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:56 pm

Natherul wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:02 pm Image

Nice to see that it has been extended!

(Unrelated to patch, but could we possibly stop having Stonetroll Crossing, Khaine's Embrace & Logrin's Forge in the same SC rotation? I don't think I've seen GoE/Nordenwatch/Blackfire Basin in rotation for ages, yet the former 3 seem to have permanent reservations in the SC manager as of late.)
Last edited by peterthepan3 on Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Berzar

Post#45 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:27 pm

I don't usually post regarding balance changes, but I just wanted to pipe in on the SH issue with All By Meself and Territorial aggression.

I can understand that the original intent was for these not to stack, but they have been for the last four months, if not even longer. As always, changes are at the discretion of the team, and that's how it should be.

I will say though that these tactics working in tandem have led to the Melee Squig having a viable slot in warband play, and premade groups, and in my opinion creates a strong risk/reward class with multiple viable options of play through tactic swapping. If the class were to lose access to that build, it would be a really big blow to the class, especially if there isn't some kind of replacement for it.

If the class is deemed too strong by the Dev team with that setup, that's fine. I would just like to offer the idea that while the tactics working in tandem may have not been planned, that doesn't necessarily mean that it needs to be removed just for the sake of that original balance plan.

Before the class receives a fundamental change that will impact it for the foreseeable future, I hope this can be considered.

Thanks for reading!
Zarbix - RR84 Bright Wizard / Zarrbix - RR82 Sorcerer / TheZarbix - RR80 Squig Herder / Zarbbix - RR73 White Lion / TheZarrbix - RR60 Archmage

Come watch and join the community!

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/thezarbix

YouTube: https://bit.ly/2rHL8uw

rameden

Post#46 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:45 pm

Wait a second... So when does this end? I might have to take a day or two off from work :D
Too many alts to count...

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#47 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:17 pm

rameden wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:45 pm
Wait a second... So when does this end? I might have to take a day or two off from work :D
I took the week off of work, but that was totally unrelated.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

rameden

Post#48 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:30 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:17 pm
rameden wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:45 pm
I took the week off of work, but that was totally unrelated.
Ponders if I need to do the same.
Too many alts to count...

Ads
Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#49 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:52 pm

Alfa1986 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:59 am
Grunbag wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:20 am
spiritbull wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:21 am

Bug or not, but this 25% of damage in a cost of tactic slot was really NEEDED for Meely SH to have a slot in a WB. Even with 25%+25%+15% damage tactics you'd need to significantly invest into your SH (get high renown\equip close to BIS) to compete for a slot with 40/40 Sorc\Choppa. With 25% less damage SH doesn't have a place in organized warband. SHs should really be either given some utility abilities\tactics (something really worth reduction of WB damage by replacing Sorc or Choppa) or a way to increase their damage to competitive values...
Just my opinion nothing more, no offence intended
TA is not here to be an addition of ABM but replace it when you play melee squig.
I would advise you to consider possibility melee Squig in SA to use skills from other paths. otherwise it turns out to be too cut. It can't use disarm (if there is no battle squiq), silence, armor penetration, ini penetration, heal debuff, but have only one dps (although good), and average survival. Or need to change all time range on SA , SA on range, which in the dynamics of the battle is practically impossible. and else there are no needed enormous number skill points , which is almost useless.
I am thinking about a proposal to give the possibility to have a viable melee spec in and out squig armor (and be able to use your bow abilities too)
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Grock

Post#50 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:00 pm

Berzar wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:27 pm I don't usually post regarding balance changes, but I just wanted to pipe in on the SH issue with All By Meself and Territorial aggression.

I can understand that the original intent was for these not to stack, but they have been for the last four months, if not even longer. As always, changes are at the discretion of the team, and that's how it should be.

I will say though that these tactics working in tandem have led to the Melee Squig having a viable slot in warband play, and premade groups, and in my opinion creates a strong risk/reward class with multiple viable options of play through tactic swapping. If the class were to lose access to that build, it would be a really big blow to the class, especially if there isn't some kind of replacement for it.

If the class is deemed too strong by the Dev team with that setup, that's fine. I would just like to offer the idea that while the tactics working in tandem may have not been planned, that doesn't necessarily mean that it needs to be removed just for the sake of that original balance plan.

Before the class receives a fundamental change that will impact it for the foreseeable future, I hope this can be considered.

Thanks for reading!
You still have TA + Sneaky Stabbin' for permanent 40% damage boost without any real drawbacks

The reason mSH earned a spot in WB wasn't these two tactics, its just that enough time has passed for people to start realizing the potential of the class. Its the natural order of things.

Big Bouncin' hitting 900-1000 non-crit pre-mitigation damage in AoE with only 5 second downtime, while overlapping with damage from Really Bad Gas for extra burst, while having crazy mobility, good defence and strong utility with CD debuff, repeated no-immunity KB, on-demand KD and interrupt was a bit too much if you ask me. Even considering lack of spammable aoe attack.
All while having access to "physical rdps" armor sets with extra weaponskill, armor debuff procs, initiative debuff procs and so on.

Going from ABM+TA to TA+SS isn't gonna change much. Unless y'all were running triple %dmg tactics instead of double loner + double stat tactic
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)