Ads

Patch Notes 17/08/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Arbich
Suspended

Re: Patch Notes 17/08/2019

Post#141 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:51 am

roadkillrobin wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:36 am Are you seriously gonna prevent certain tactics to be slotted together now? This goes completly againt the core principles of tactics tbh. And you say you want a more clean perception for new players, so they can connect the dots of how the logistics behind the combat mechanics work and then you create an exception that breaks the logic of how tactics can be slotted, in one specific case.

Common. You either have rules that follows consistancy across the board or you make a class who's entire consistancy thing is that it breaks the consistancy of all other classes and mechanics.
Hm... wasn´t it on live or here for a time that you could slot loner and revenge, summon your lion, got immediately disbanded and you got your +50% dmg increase + 25% from loner? You could argue that you have a squig out when mSH (tooltip says so), but all by myself required no squig. I think its consistent.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Ads
Flavorburst

Post#142 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:39 am

Arguetlam wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:44 am
nat3s wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:12 am The outliers are currently WL, aSW, slayer and melee DoK. You don't achieve balance by looking at classes in silo. Think about it, aSW is way more powerful than mSH, it doesn't make sense to levy a hefty 25% nerf on the latter without touching the former.
Could I have your reasoning behind the Ddok comment ? they have little to no mobilities. They sure have a good dps and utilities for a party, but not more than a lot of other classes. So why is it on this list ?
I think he just felt a destro class needed to be added to the list in order for the post not to look biased.

Jastojan

Post#143 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:28 am

Arguetlam wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:44 am
nat3s wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:12 am The outliers are currently WL, aSW, slayer and melee DoK. You don't achieve balance by looking at classes in silo. Think about it, aSW is way more powerful than mSH, it doesn't make sense to levy a hefty 25% nerf on the latter without touching the former.
Could I have your reasoning behind the Ddok comment ? they have little to no mobilities. They sure have a good dps and utilities for a party, but not more than a lot of other classes. So why is it on this list ?
Yes, I don´t understand it as well. Why do u think melee DoK is in the same group? You need to have such a good eq to deal dmg in comparisson to WL, aSW or Slayer... and what about CC or burst like WL os aSW? lol...

And back to the mSH. Yes I want to ask what lead you to do this nerf? I am very curious. Ranged SH dmg sucks, mSH nerfed now... oh my, you...
As Nat3s wrote - "If you consider mobility, defense and dmg, are you leaning towards nerfing WL?" I think the problem of mSH or WL is the pounce/leap without CD if you have tactic. If something is OP here, it is THIS! Not the dmg of mSH.
Many times I saw destro WB trying to escape when met the order zerg on the road... But ONE WL can wipe almost the whole WB one by one (jumping like a monkey through the map and dismounting all players in range). If WL can reach the last player from escaping WB, all is done - other groupmates will finish the work and this is farming kills in oRVR (maybe this is the same on order side - mSH leap).
And here we are - devs, if you are about to "players should do the objectives (in SCs)" to prevent farming kills because of the scoreup (you wrote - that is an affront to how things are supposed to be dealt with and as such had to go). The situation in oRVR is the same in principle! Smaller grp of one fraction is trying to run away when see big grp of enemy but if only one player is in range of 65ft to the WL/mSH... jump-dismount enemy-another player in range-jump-dismount...

To be honest, I understant what do you try to implement but you choose very bad way... negative motivation like punishing players for farm kills is not the solution. It looks like you want to discourage players from playing Scenarios. I wrote you should reconsider the scenario rewards 3 weeks ago to become Scenarios more popular because the time you need to spend in que is so boring (and time to get the SC eq...) - very low ppl is motivated to play Scenarios. And now another "hit" from devs?

Nerfing one fraction classes, rvr punishments in Scenarios - this is like 1st april joke.
Last edited by Jastojan on Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

bichka

Post#144 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:32 am

Manatikik wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:42 am because they finally do as much damage as every other dps class in the game and they think something must be wrong.
class with such CC and spamable healdebuff shouldn't do same damage. Also mSH at least have pet to kill to remove armor buff from "stance" - kind of risk, while SW is not.

Alfa1986

Post#145 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:40 am

and I always said do not try to change what works so well. firstly, it is a pointless waste of time and efforts, and secondly, to fix this in the future, it will be necessary to spend even more forces x 10. the scs need are worthy rewards, and new maps, that's all. if People want to play pugs, let them play pugs, if people want to play premades give them the opportunity to play premades. If someone can’t find a worthy opponent, is “him problems”. Scenarios last a maximum of 15 minutes, and usually 5-10 minutes. now i have to wait usually 30-1 h to join to a sc, waiting takes much more time, during which i can not join to rvr WB or to go dungeons . Well, let someone lock someone in wc for 2-5 minutes, so what? that is not such the problem which should focus the mind at all. The scs is not connected with the sieges and not influenced anything. it exists only for getting more fast renown then in rvr and for fun.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

peterthepan3

Post#146 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:51 am

Domination is coming into effect very randomly rn: when you don't have 12 kills, or if enemy captures Objective just once, the SC can end with insta 500pts for the losing side even if you're doing the Objective and winning on kills.

Kills seem to be a bit buggy atm (not registering/showing on scoreboard/influencing the outcome at all).

We had them in their spawn, we had several of the orbs, yet somehow they managed to win. :lol:

Panodil

Post#147 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:36 pm

Also had a sc where we where getting dominated hard but we got win because when enemy got 12 kills we had more points because pro flag capture
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

Manatikik

Post#148 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:39 pm

bichka wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:32 am
Manatikik wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:42 am because they finally do as much damage as every other dps class in the game and they think something must be wrong.
class with such CC and spamable healdebuff shouldn't do same damage. Also mSH at least have pet to kill to remove armor buff from "stance" - kind of risk, while SW is not.
What’s ‘such cc’? MSH has great cc, lest burst, and no heal debuff; asw has a disarm and heal debuff, less CC but more burst to get closer to WL/WE levels. And the ever popular double damage buff build for MSH has permanent armor as well from TA so there goes that victim card. Why do people continue to spout out misinformation like they’re facts?
<Montague><Capulet>

Ads
dansari

Post#149 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:24 pm

Manatikik wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:39 pm What’s ‘such cc’? MSH has great cc, lest burst, and no heal debuff; asw has a disarm and heal debuff, less CC but more burst to get closer to WL/WE levels. And the ever popular double damage buff build for MSH has permanent armor as well from TA so there goes that victim card. Why do people continue to spout out misinformation like they’re facts?
mErCiLeSs SoLdIeR

Let's also not forget that mSH is actually useful in wb orvr where ASW/WL are not
<Salt Factory>

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#150 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:25 pm

there was a big issue with SC dom code and has been addressed just now