Patch Notes 17/08/2019

Moderators: Developer, Web Developer, Language Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
dansari
Posts: 2443

Re: Patch Notes 17/08/2019

Post#171 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:21 am

Knowthyself wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:45 pm
Lol seeing two ex-balance mods( they had carried out that position for quite a long while) try their best to always justify and promote certain classes on a certain side kinda explains why some obvious imbalances have been long going untouched and even reversed on ROR. That's kinda sad...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: whomst are you?
<Salt Factory>

Dansarann / SW
Dansaram / RP
Dansaren / BW
Dansarii / Eng
Dansari / WH

Ads
User avatar
roadkillrobin
Posts: 2702

Re: Patch Notes 17/08/2019

Post#172 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:43 am

Arbich wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:51 am
roadkillrobin wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:36 am
Are you seriously gonna prevent certain tactics to be slotted together now? This goes completly againt the core principles of tactics tbh. And you say you want a more clean perception for new players, so they can connect the dots of how the logistics behind the combat mechanics work and then you create an exception that breaks the logic of how tactics can be slotted, in one specific case.

Common. You either have rules that follows consistancy across the board or you make a class who's entire consistancy thing is that it breaks the consistancy of all other classes and mechanics.
Hm... wasn´t it on live or here for a time that you could slot loner and revenge, summon your lion, got immediately disbanded and you got your +50% dmg increase + 25% from loner? You could argue that you have a squig out when mSH (tooltip says so), but all by myself required no squig. I think its consistent.
There's never been a instance were two tactic couldn't be slotted together, cos it's simply makes no sense. if you make a overhaul of how all other tactics, classes and archetypes works it's on a global consistent basis. Tactics are suppose to be free to combine for the sake of giving you build customization. This seem, at least to me, just to be a convenience fix. All you need to do to break this inconsistency is changing the rules of All By Myself. "You deal 25% more damage when you have no Squigs summoned". The Battle Squig is according to lore just another summon. It's also reflected in the Territorial Aggression tactic, "Your Battle Squig wont tolerate any other Squigs around".

Regarding Loner+Revenge, if there's a bug with dismissing your pet to make it count as it being killed, then you fix the dismiss skill. You don't start messing around with the entire logistic of how tactics can be slotted.
Image

spiritbull
Posts: 29

Re: Patch Notes 17/08/2019

Post#173 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:26 am

About mSHs:
Although removing ABM tactics is not an exact 25% nerf of the melee SH, that's still a nerf. For that class:
1. ranged trees are worst DPS from destro side
2. melee tree was barely able to secure the slot in organized WB (sorc\choppa give much more damage output and utility)
PLUS this nerf hits desto fraction, which is being dominated by order for ages. 8 (if not 9) from 10 forts are won by order. (and I don't accept arguments that that's a question of organization.)
So don't understand why the nerf was required. Just fixing the stacking bug (and banning bug users, who INTENTIONALLY did it) would be nice, noone complains here..

User avatar
Grunbag
Project Team
Posts: 1641

Re: Patch Notes 17/08/2019

Post#174 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:56 am

TA have been created by ror team because someone wanted to make Pounce and Squig leap spammed when you had no pet (so with loner and ABM) . It hasn’t been created because we thought Melee squig needed 25% more damage . While it was bad for melee squig to slot ABM because you lose the armor buff , a work around have been made with TA. It’s not a nerf as it never been intended squig could slot twice the same tactic (TA and ABM are considered same tactic for the reason I explained above).
We are aware of the needs of Msh and we are already looking into possibilities for this spec if it ever need changes .
Thanks for giving valuable feedback , complaining about a nerf won’t help melee squig , we don’t want to make those two tactic stacking . I found a few difference between squig pets and WL pet and abilities (some due to some ror settings and some due to mythic settings). I am looking into it actually .
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Image

spiritbull
Posts: 29

Re: Patch Notes 17/08/2019

Post#175 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:15 am

Thank you for feedback, Grunbag!
An I'm sorry, that my post repeats a number of previous ones, just wanted the concern to be heard.
Thank you for patience, and hard work you're doing! Balanсing MMO game is a really hard task and most of the community understands it. Looking forward any changes you're planning to implement))
SHs deserve some love! ;)

Cimba
Posts: 295

Re: Patch Notes 17/08/2019

Post#176 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:31 am

Some feedback on the domination mechanic. I played about 10 scenarios and I think domination triggered on way or other in everyone of them. I found the new domination mechanic especially frustrating in Highpass Cemetery aside from the obvious abuse/griefing issues of course.

If you play in the objectives in that scenario you get a damage buff which allows to basically kill everyone. This almost always resulted domination being triggered shortly after the first lockdown of the objectives. That results in two problems a) its almost impossible to reach 500 points for the winning side b) the other team has basically no way of making a comeback because they simply dont have time. The second part is especially dissapointing since its one of the few scenarios that actually allows you to win as an underdog.

IMO the kill thereshold for domination in these types of scenarios needs to be way higher (IMO at least 20 to 25)
krautcontrol

User avatar
Niky
Posts: 198

Re: Patch Notes 17/08/2019

Post#177 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:59 am

Natherul wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:07 am
Not doing the objective and farming kills in SCs are def something we want to penalize, especially when in the last week we saw people actually telling people to do just that in SC chats.

Thats not acceptable.
WH is the last game with real PvP. Where to win you need to kill and not throw a ball. All players love this game for just that.
Destro: Mara Nyky / DOK Crystof
Order: SL Niky / BW Nykky / SW Nyky / WL Nikky / SM Ulee
Live: WP Eprst

Akalukz
Posts: 541

Re: Patch Notes 17/08/2019

Post#178 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:02 pm

all these scenario Heroes, and you would think they would just start clamoring for a Premade only scenario where they can truly get the fight they want...oh wait. I think it just needs a bit of tweaking, possibly make the dominating side always win (which only makes sense)
-= Agony =-

Ads
User avatar
qwerty113
Posts: 265

Re: Patch Notes 17/08/2019

Post#179 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:05 pm

Tesq wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:54 am
qwerty113 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:18 pm
TenTonHammer wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:13 pm


Oh you mean like white lion? :roll:
Sure like wl also ! Im for balance !! ;)
Lets balance aswell
-6 sec stag with no real immunity from we/wh
-bw 4 sec silence ....
-bw/sw 3 sec instead 2 kd...
-ch/kobs stag insane ap cost
-Wl pet acces a second stare lasting 10 sec, cd 10
-mara /wl root m1 be 10 instead 5 sec.
-all melee KD be 3 instead 2 sec.



Aye :D

whole 1.4.7 ninja buff shenanigansplus some inherited issue.

^^
Oh come on, WH/WE is most hardest and squisher class in game i mean solo play. Ye lets nerf them more. Lol Chosen now the most op tank in game with his elemental Renetless, Runfang analog from kobs and you talking about balance give me a break!
Feroze - wh | Faiz - bw
Roam video's thread

User avatar
qwerty113
Posts: 265

Re: Patch Notes 17/08/2019

Post#180 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:09 pm

Grunbag wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:56 am
TA have been created by ror team because someone wanted to make Pounce and Squig leap spammed when you had no pet (so with loner and ABM) . It hasn’t been created because we thought Melee squig needed 25% more damage . While it was bad for melee squig to slot ABM because you lose the armor buff , a work around have been made with TA. It’s not a nerf as it never been intended squig could slot twice the same tactic (TA and ABM are considered same tactic for the reason I explained above).
We are aware of the needs of Msh and we are already looking into possibilities for this spec if it ever need changes .
Thanks for giving valuable feedback , complaining about a nerf won’t help melee squig , we don’t want to make those two tactic stacking . I found a few difference between squig pets and WL pet and abilities (some due to some ror settings and some due to mythic settings). I am looking into it actually .
Just reduce damage to abilities like Coordination Strike and mele SH analog of it and all will be fine. Cus Pounce + burst is way too overpowering and unbalanced
Feroze - wh | Faiz - bw
Roam video's thread

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests