Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 07/09/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
zupaH

Re: Patch Notes 07/09/2019

Post#31 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:14 pm

Arthem wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:59 pm I see the logic in removing subjugator utility from players. It makes us forget about the bad changes made last week and focus on the bad changes made this week. Good work team.
Bad changes? Where?!
Tootlez/Egron/Snotstickz/Kaiju
<Schweinejungs>

twitch.tv/tootlez1

Ads
Liandel

Post#32 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:17 pm

The change in pocket items' utility is a bad change. The cooldown on subjugator and beastlord item was lengthy enough, but now you're asking everyone who wants the ability to cleanse 1 thing every half an hour to sacrifice valuable set bonuses and stats in order to gain a shred of utility? Not only that, but you still have cleansing winds removed from the game. This makes it even more hostile for players who don't have pocket healers to spam cleanse on them.

What is the logic in gutting subjugator while also keeping cleansing wind out of the game? I thought that as a game gets more development, more utility, options, and freedom of choice will be available to the players, but it seems like the opposite is happening to ROR.

I do not see the purpose in making the gear in your game useless. It removes rewards and motivation for doing the content. I dread to see what this team will do to the Land of the Dead when it comes out.
Liandel AKA Lednail. Chaos Wastes->Phoenix Throne->Gorfang->Badlands->Karak Azgal->Karak Norn->Badlands.
<Obliteration> , <Blitz> , <No Escape>, and <MymidonsX>

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#33 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:54 pm

Liandel wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:17 pm The change in pocket items' utility is a bad change. The cooldown on subjugator and beastlord item was lengthy enough, but now you're asking everyone who wants the ability to cleanse 1 thing every half an hour to sacrifice valuable set bonuses and stats in order to gain a shred of utility? Not only that, but you still have cleansing winds removed from the game. This makes it even more hostile for players who don't have pocket healers to spam cleanse on them.

What is the logic in gutting subjugator while also keeping cleansing wind out of the game? I thought that as a game gets more development, more utility, options, and freedom of choice will be available to the players, but it seems like the opposite is happening to ROR.

I do not see the purpose in making the gear in your game useless. It removes rewards and motivation for doing the content. I dread to see what this team will do to the Land of the Dead when it comes out.
I believe the logic is much more apparent that the ability to use an item like a cloak would work when you're wearing the cloak. The same for pocket items. You can equip a limited number of pocket items, so logic would dictate that the use of pocket item abilities is limited to the ones you're wearing. They're in your pockets, not buried deep in your backpack.

That being said, gameplay balance is drastically affected by having no drawbacks to an increasing number of activatable items in your bag that can very much be used in-combat. This change levels the playing field, where you know at best the number of activatable gotchas are limited to the pocket item slots, and currently the back piece. This will still be mitigated to some degree as you gain more pocket items and can swap them when out of combat to use one that doesn't have a cooldown.

Since we're also using pocket items to carry a few set bonuses, there's a choice between using sets that don't require a pocket item in order to have more activatable items in your pockets instead. At lower levels, you'll most likely hold onto the Beastlord pocket item for many classes, but as you get into higher tier gear there will come a point where you will have a choice to switch to another set anyway. At this point in available gear, it's better to get this out of the way, rather than wait until Land of the Dead pocket items are in full use.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Everdin

Post#34 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:53 am

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:25 am
- Archetype checks now looks at your investments into mastery trees. RP and Zeal are using the older check as they do not have a mastery tree that is clearly used for specific roles.

What about such a spec:

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... mt=3775&t=

Tank or DD?

(Not my intention to spec like that, but just for information)
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

saupreusse
Developer

Post#35 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:22 am

Serious question:
Was live really working in the way that you could have the active abilties of several items even when they were not equipped but only in your inventary without some sketchy bug exploits? I really cant remember and would appreciate answers.

Edit: it just sounds so absurd to me because if it really was the intended way it would be horrible game design. Players would have been able to stack as many active item abilities as there are such items ingame. There wouldnt be a reason for limited equipment slots if this was the case since the only limiting factor would have been your inventory size (if the amount of these items was actually that high - which it wasnt).

Specialpatrol

Post#36 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:54 am

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:54 pm
Liandel wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:17 pm The change in pocket items' utility is a bad change. The cooldown on subjugator and beastlord item was lengthy enough, but now you're asking everyone who wants the ability to cleanse 1 thing every half an hour to sacrifice valuable set bonuses and stats in order to gain a shred of utility? Not only that, but you still have cleansing winds removed from the game. This makes it even more hostile for players who don't have pocket healers to spam cleanse on them.

I believe the logic is much more apparent that the ability to use an item like a cloak would work when you're wearing the cloak. The same for pocket items. You can equip a limited number of pocket items, so logic would dictate that the use of pocket item abilities is limited to the ones you're wearing. They're in your pockets, not buried deep in your backpack.

That being said, gameplay balance is drastically affected by having no drawbacks to an increasing number of activatable items in your bag that can very much be used in-combat. This change levels the playing field, where you know at best the number of activatable gotchas are limited to the pocket item slots, and currently the back piece. This will still be mitigated to some degree as you gain more pocket items and can swap them when out of combat to use one that doesn't have a cooldown.

Since we're also using pocket items to carry a few set bonuses, there's a choice between using sets that don't require a pocket item in order to have more activatable items in your pockets instead. At lower levels, you'll most likely hold onto the Beastlord pocket item for many classes, but as you get into higher tier gear there will come a point where you will have a choice to switch to another set anyway. At this point in available gear, it's better to get this out of the way, rather than wait until Land of the Dead pocket items are in full use.
Please don't claim logic as reasoning for a change such as this - not in a game, where we run around with horses in invisible bagpacks (which coincidentally also work as an item you use from said backpack).

Joking aside, then the change still lists as an unneeded and strange limitation. Those items were always meant to be used from the backpack. The proof is in the pudding, simply by looking at the history of the game - since live WAR had these and/or similar items in game from very early on, and they never got flagged as an unintended bug (Herald's Cloak, Aegises, Skaven Cloak, Battlebrew backpack etc).

And just how gamebreaking can removing a single hex/curse/ailment or applying a 600 dot over 12s be? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's next to nothing. Especially since they're available for all (as many of them also recur in new/repeat live events). They simply just added a bit of flavour, a teeny-weeny bit of extra survivability when roaming solo, and made the items somewhat desirable to get and keep.

And no, the change does not increase the value of those items - as they're simply not on par with the alternatives. It just makes them junk.
APONYMOUS l WP l R40 l RR8X
BRAKEDOWN l KOTBS l R40 l RR8X
BOILING l BW l R40 l RR8X
PUFFED l SLY l R40 l RR8X
RHYTHM l AM l R40 l RR8X
EEWULL l DOK l R3X l RR4X

Aurandilaz

Post#37 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:13 am

saupreusse wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:22 am Serious question:
Was live really working in the way that you could have the active abilties of several items even when they were not equipped but only in your inventary without some sketchy bug exploits? I really cant remember and would appreciate answers.

Edit: it just sounds so absurd to me because if it really was the intended way it would be horrible game design. Players would have been able to stack as many active item abilities as there are such items ingame. There wouldnt be a reason for limited equipment slots if this was the case since the only limiting factor would have been your inventory size (if the amount of these items was actually that high - which it wasnt).
yes, remember getting my Settra, and then keeping it in backpack whle using ability from hotbar. Though I put the melee + magic absorb lotd pocket items into pocket slots, coz free room there, while also activating them from the hotbar.
battlebrew backpacks were another thing in inventory, not worn, but launched using button in hotbar to cast ranged dot on enemy to engage.
more famous maybe the stag cloak, not worn, but also in inventory, used from hotbar when you needed to turn into a stag to quickly mount + escape.

all "drag to hotbar to activate" worked fine like this, for say, past 12 years? which is why this latest "what the actual fugg" is a bit strange news, trashing all ingame items that grant effects.

on live, there were also "granted abilities", say Sovereign 8pc bonus, which would only be functional if you wore 8 pieces, at which point you had a new ability like rp/zealot mark you could activate.

so you had 2 categories;
-granted abilities from item sets, with ability only visible and ready to be used if worn
-item dragged to hotbar to activate effect whether worn or not

saupreusse
Developer

Post#38 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:19 am

I cant believe i didnt know this and always limited myself to 2 pocket item slots :^)
Learning something new even after 12 years...

Ads
Dabbart

Post#39 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:05 pm

Spoiler:
wargrimnir wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:54 pm

But it's a Clicky-use item. And bag space is a limiter to how many Click-use items, spare sets of equipment, and other things one can have at a time. Increasing stack count to 40 removed this honestly. now I only use 2 full bags for clicky's and spares. Before that is was almost 3/4 of my total bag space...
Spoiler:
wargrimnir wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:45 pm It's a pretty good back piece that removes one hex/curse/ailment every 30 minutes. Like other clicky-use items, it doesn't need to be equipped.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20346&hilit=subjuga ... ak#p224114
I wont argue the point further, as there's really no point. Just please tell me you wont limit Potion use as well...

As others said, it'll go live in my vault now.

Thanks for the work as always. Pet Pathing will fix a LOT of the perceived issues on this server imo, and I can't imagine it being anyway remotely simple. Best of luck!
Last edited by Dabbart on Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

anarchypark

Post#40 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:25 pm

just 1 shitty( or overlooked ) live thing got fixed.
why make it so big deal?
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)