Ads

Patch Notes 11/01/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Caffeine

Re: Patch Notes 11/01/2020

Post#41 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:04 pm

Secrets wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:31 pm
- Added a new command, .uiscstatus - this command will display in /9 chat the current players of each archetype in a formatted string similar to State of the Realm, similar to the .rankedscstatus command mentioned above but in a format for consumption by UI addons.

- Added a new command, .rankedscstatus - this command will display in chat the amount of players of each archetype queued for the Solo Ranked Scenario.
A minor thing, the new output line in .rankedscstatus that shows how many games are being played uses " - " separator instead of ":".

Edit: another thing, it would be great if queue status updates were sent to /9 automatically at some interval instead of having to send a command all the time.
Last edited by Caffeine on Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VinyUI | FPS Guide | Scenario Alert | Image Caffeine Image Decaf Image Vermont Image Nevada

Ads
Lithenir

Post#42 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:20 pm

Since the Patch today I played a few SCs with my lvl 32 AM and after every SC my MMR got updated. So suddenly I have an MMR rating on a low lvl char. I thought MMR is only for ranked SCs

Alfa1986

Post#43 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:30 pm

ranked scenarios should get their own queue. several times I got it wrong way, simply because I usually queue for all, and sometimes i forgot to swich off the ranked one.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#44 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:33 pm

Lithenir wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:20 pm Since the Patch today I played a few SCs with my lvl 32 AM and after every SC my MMR got updated. So suddenly I have an MMR rating on a low lvl char. I thought MMR is only for ranked SCs
Already fixed, though your MMR is still there.

toffikx

Post#45 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:35 pm

Secrets wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:26 pm
It's about a potential payout of 750 tokens provided 200 games are played and you're at the top of the ladder (3k MMR) at the end of the week.

10 tokens for 10 minutes is a better rate than normal SCs still.

It was way out of whack, and still kinda is.
Hey

What do you think of something else, beside emblems being awarded? Oppressor is not viable in a lot of cases, there are also better weapon alternatives out there nowadays. Thinking about anything that could act as a long-term carrot and keep people going. Could be alternative appearances, trophies, titles. Maybe an alternative currency that you could exchange for the "guild mounts" ?

Also, some classes perform better than others in this ranked setting so will copy-paste this post:
dalen wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:16 am Would rather just have the system match amount of mdps & rdps on both sides to be equal instead of having it fixed to 1 mdps & 1 rdps.

So to clarify, depending on who is in the queue you could then get either:
  • 2 MDPS vs 2 MDPS
  • 1 MDPS & 1 RDPS vs 1 MDPS & 1 RDPS
  • 2 RDPS vs 2 RDPS
Also something that I was thinking of ; 2 bo's/2 sm's do not make up for a great setup. Mainly due to lack of solo punt, and their aoe punt being too short of a knockback + affecting too many targets and handing them free immunities in the process. Could you atleast consider the idea of never having 2 bo's/2 sm's in the same setup? Never felt in danger when facing any of these particular comps.

Beside that, patch notes look great. Thanks for your time.
Last edited by toffikx on Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

obamia

Post#46 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:41 pm

Nice changes with the item lvl req on ranked.

Some more suggestions. Potion check, if you dont have active potions running on your toon, you cant queue.

Also another thing is that if the game is 5v5, (one player from each side doesn't join), the scenario should end regardless, cause the comps can be different, like 2 healers on one team, only 1 on the other etc. I think if the criteria of 6v6 and only 6v6 doesn't meet, the sc should end in a tie.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#47 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:49 pm

toffikx wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:35 pm
Secrets wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:26 pm
It's about a potential payout of 750 tokens provided 200 games are played and you're at the top of the ladder (3k MMR) at the end of the week.

10 tokens for 10 minutes is a better rate than normal SCs still.

It was way out of whack, and still kinda is.
Hey

What do you think of something else, beside emblems being awarded? Oppressor is not viable in a lot of cases, there are also better weapon alternatives out too nowadays. Thinking about anything that could act as a long-term carrot and keep people going. Could be alternative appearances, trophies, titles. Maybe an alternative currency that you could exchange for the "guild mounts" ?
Rewards are not finalized, and we will continue tuning them to account for the challenge of the content. When we get a load of low-tier players diving into ranked to get more emblems for losing than they could for winning normal scens, that needs to change. Ideally we're targeting high-skill, well geared, coordinated, and competent play to reward at the high end. MMR works for this in finding players who win often against tough teams over a long period of time. The match to match rewards are not necessary to reward unique items. Weekly and potentially season rewards however, will improve as we get a more solidified system in place.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

toffikx

Post#48 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:58 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:49 pm The match to match rewards are not necessary to reward unique items. Weekly and potentially season rewards however, will improve as we get a more solidified system in place.
My bad, I meant weekly/season rewards as something else than opp emblems. Perhaps some kind of new currency to exchange, like rvr currency for rr potions.
Last edited by toffikx on Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Zxul

Post#49 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:30 am

Secrets wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:28 pm
Ototo wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:07 pm
Natherul wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:26 am the reason for the gear limit on ranked SCs was that there were some people joining in with devestator gear. Simply having a TOK unlock be the entry requirement would not stop this. Currently the gear limit to match or surpass is item level 45.
Ok, I can see the logic here, and how some people are weird to limits that... make no sense.
Beastlord is item level 45, and it only checks armor slots.

You'll have no problems queueing provided you have a Conq belt or above.
To make sure, "and it only checks armor slots"- does it means there is no check for jewelry slots? Since for example lvl 38 purple jewelry is useful in several high rr specs, and its item lvl 38.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Dephyant

Post#50 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:54 am

The z-axis change for pounce abilities seems overkill when there is a small slope involved trying to get to someone.