Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Manatikik

Re: Patch Notes 11/01/2020

Post#71 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:35 pm

Ekundu01 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:29 pm
Jabba wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:35 pm
Demonthyr wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:41 am 1.1 Don't Be A ****
We are all here to play and enjoy the game. Attacking other players in chat, trolling players in general with toxic attitudes, or finding other creative ways to disrupt other players from enjoying their time here. None of this is appreciated.
Respect is the word, whether you hate someone or simply think they're a bad player, you can be respectful. Keep in mind this is just a game, and there is no reason and no place for real grieves/grudges.
The people who get flamed are generally the ones who show no respect to the people they get put in with. If you queue up in anni, with no pots and no talis, running a terrible build. You have effectively ruined that scenario for the other 5 people on your team.
Not everyone knows this. People don't read patch notes, if you didn't know that ranked is a thing and you just hit the join all button you would have no clue and just play it. Just because you feel someone is running a bad build or using bad gear doesn't mean that player thinks that.

This will always be this way in a random solo sc, you have no control over who you get and have to roll with it. If you can't handle that make a 6man with the specs and gear you expect them to run or don't que for solo ranked.

Ignorance is never an excuse. If you don’t know what you’re joining that is 100% on you; if you don’t know the rules/etiquette that’s 100% on you. This is a video game not pre-school; no one is here to coddle you and people need to stop enabling this behavior.
<Montague><Capulet>

Ads
Ototo

Re: Patch Notes 11/01/2020

Post#72 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:03 pm

Demonthyr wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:53 pm
ziomek wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:19 pm ignore function exist for prevent verbal abuse :))
Yes, that's true, but never used it as it doesn't happen often and usually i prefer to deal directly with such behavior.
Rhetorically speaking you deal with one you deal with all of them as it's usually beginning by insults in sc destined to one or the whole group, followed by rage messages in private.
I just hope this type of player will do efforts to not ruin scénarios atmosphère, that's all.
He doesn't understand that. He did exactly that to me. Started by raging, then proceed to send me insults in PMs until I have to report him, twice, and start my ignore list with him. For people like him, get ignored is something to be proud, cause you know, toxic superiority behaviour; 'the noob ignored me', or whatever runs inside their heads in the moment they coped someone else patience.

I completely support the report idea. If you can't be constructive enough to explain something to someone after losing one scenario in a game, the trouble is on you and you must be reported before you make further harm to the game atmosphere.

Also want to add:
Manatikik wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:35 pm
Spoiler:
Ekundu01 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:29 pm
Jabba wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:35 pm

The people who get flamed are generally the ones who show no respect to the people they get put in with. If you queue up in anni, with no pots and no talis, running a terrible build. You have effectively ruined that scenario for the other 5 people on your team.
Not everyone knows this. People don't read patch notes, if you didn't know that ranked is a thing and you just hit the join all button you would have no clue and just play it. Just because you feel someone is running a bad build or using bad gear doesn't mean that player thinks that.

This will always be this way in a random solo sc, you have no control over who you get and have to roll with it. If you can't handle that make a 6man with the specs and gear you expect them to run or don't que for solo ranked.

Ignorance is never an excuse. If you don’t know what you’re joining that is 100% on you; if you don’t know the rules/etiquette that’s 100% on you. This is a video game not pre-school; no one is here to coddle you and people need to stop enabling this behavior.
While I do agree with this, I would like to have a talisman reminder implemented in competitive modes, or whatever. Just a message that says: 'Hey, you are about to join a high end competitive mode and you seem to have not even minimally optimised your character. Rethink your character and come back later'.

The level 45 item is a very nice starting point and I'm very happy that it was implemented, but I would, like most of you, would rather have a more specific entry gateway. Talismans in all but one slots (for special temporary ones that may not be got still this week) seems like a decent one for me.

In all honesty, if players couldn't hit the connect button unless that they read the patch notes in the launcher, a lot of these would be avoided, and you could definitely put the burden in the players. Simple as that IMO a lot of things would change for the better.
Spoiler: