Patch Notes 25/01/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Patch Notes 25/01/2020

Post#51 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:58 pm

Xergon wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:24 pm
Natherul wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:53 pm lets stay on the topic of patch note as thats what this topic is.

As for balance, we are not interested in having outside players attempt to be some think tank for ideas and balance as it was tried and failed spectacularly. And do add to that the notion that each career has to have a "good" tree for each type of content is simply not happening. We have explained the reasoning behind that many times and if you search for it you will probably find it.
If not players who actually plays the game then who ? Devs who barely plays the game if any ?

Now that u mentioned it i wonder why it failed ? Maybe because proposals and ideas from those players were not accepted or agreeing with Devs vision ?

I only rmb Aza trying actually put some ideas into real server to see how it will play out (also giving reasons why some changes happen). I wonder why devs dont try making changes and see how it plays out, u can always revert it if something comes out badly or tune it to be proper number. After all its still Alpha phase server, right ?

About Patch Notes, i wonder whats the reason behind Mara/WL Changes ? Is it because ST WL/Mara was not performing enough already or did i miss something ?
Why don't we just try stuff? Because that takes time. If it's a bad implementation, then it's wasted time. I don't like wasting time, I actually enjoy my free time and want to work on the most productive stuff that I can. Trying random implementations that I don't think are going to work well for the sake of "just try stuff lol" sounds like a terrible idea and waste of time. Some people have a whole lot more free time than others, particularly if they're unemployed or working a half-ass job that provides them a lot of free time. That would allow them to be less efficient with their time and get a similar amount of content out, but that still doesn't mean it's any good.

If you can't come to accept that Devs do dev work, and players play the results, then you're missing one of the key aspects of this server. We're not here to service a playerbase, we're here to develop a game first. We do this based on what WE are interested in doing. If you want to see development shift, then you should probably avoid being disrespectful towards staff when you offer your amazingly entitled and whiny opinions. Ideally, provide constructive and un-biased feedback in a manner that doesn't open up with trash like "Devs who barely plays the game if any". Afterwards, provided your feedback is legitimate, interesting, and worth implementing, you might one day see it in game. But don't hold your breath, we only have so much time to waste rebuilding this dead game, and it's more likely your feedback was coincidental than truly inspiring.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Xergon

Post#52 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:41 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:58 pm
Spoiler:
Natherul wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:53 pm lets stay on the topic of patch note as thats what this topic is.

As for balance, we are not interested in having outside players attempt to be some think tank for ideas and balance as it was tried and failed spectacularly. And do add to that the notion that each career has to have a "good" tree for each type of content is simply not happening. We have explained the reasoning behind that many times and if you search for it you will probably find it.
If not players who actually plays the game then who ? Devs who barely plays the game if any ?

Now that u mentioned it i wonder why it failed ? Maybe because proposals and ideas from those players were not accepted or agreeing with Devs vision ?

I only rmb Aza trying actually put some ideas into real server to see how it will play out (also giving reasons why some changes happen). I wonder why devs dont try making changes and see how it plays out, u can always revert it if something comes out badly or tune it to be proper number. After all its still Alpha phase server, right ?

About Patch Notes, i wonder whats the reason behind Mara/WL Changes ? Is it because ST WL/Mara was not performing enough already or did i miss something ?
Why don't we just try stuff? Because that takes time. If it's a bad implementation, then it's wasted time. I don't like wasting time, I actually enjoy my free time and want to work on the most productive stuff that I can. Trying random implementations that I don't think are going to work well for the sake of "just try stuff lol" sounds like a terrible idea and waste of time. Some people have a whole lot more free time than others, particularly if they're unemployed or working a half-ass job that provides them a lot of free time. That would allow them to be less efficient with their time and get a similar amount of content out, but that still doesn't mean it's any good.

If you can't come to accept that Devs do dev work, and players play the results, then you're missing one of the key aspects of this server. We're not here to service a playerbase, we're here to develop a game first. We do this based on what WE are interested in doing. If you want to see development shift, then you should probably avoid being disrespectful towards staff when you offer your amazingly entitled and whiny opinions. Ideally, provide constructive and un-biased feedback in a manner that doesn't open up with trash like "Devs who barely plays the game if any". Afterwards, provided your feedback is legitimate, interesting, and worth implementing, you might one day see it in game. But don't hold your breath, we only have so much time to waste rebuilding this dead game, and it's more likely your feedback was coincidental than truly inspiring.
Well, i never said 'just implement stuff for the lols' so don't put words into my mouth. I do not demand anything from any devs, Im simply stating question or wondering why things are that the way they are. But probably those questions are not likely to see or it's bad when player base has its own concern about some changes or lack of some changes.

I'm only replying to what Natherul stated, that devs do not welcome input from outside players, which is really concerning, ofc u have right to act as stated but it still concerning non less.

And i have no idea why u consider my statement about 'devs who barely play' trash at all, its just fact which has logical conclusions if its true.

I truly enjoy and admire work every each dev does, even if i do not agree or do not share same ideas about how some stuff should work/perform, but am I still disallowed to post questions ? There was no reasons stated in Patch Notes behind WL/Mara changes, so i thought maybe someone missed something, maybe i'm missing something, maybe there is clear answer?

Anyway my intentions was not to start any negativity so ill probably shut up.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#53 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:15 pm

Xergon wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:41 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:58 pm
Spoiler:

Well, i never said 'just implement stuff for the lols' so don't put words into my mouth. I do not demand anything from any devs, Im simply stating question or wondering why things are that the way they are. But probably those questions are not likely to see or it's bad when player base has its own concern about some changes or lack of some changes.

I'm only replying to what Natherul stated, that devs do not welcome input from outside players, which is really concerning, ofc u have right to act as stated but it still concerning non less.

And i have no idea why u consider my statement about 'devs who barely play' trash at all, its just fact which has logical conclusions if its true.

I truly enjoy and admire work every each dev does, even if i do not agree or do not share same ideas about how some stuff should work/perform, but am I still disallowed to post questions ? There was no reasons stated in Patch Notes behind WL/Mara changes, so i thought maybe someone missed something, maybe i'm missing something, maybe there is clear answer?

Anyway my intentions was not to start any negativity so ill probably shut up.
And now you put words in my mouth, I never said we dont want feedback from players, simply said that having some kind of conclave of players driving ideas for balance did not work and we are not interested in attempting that again. We always welcome ideas as long as they are constructive and formulated in a well manner (then ofc we might not agree with it).

SilentMorbus

Post#54 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:49 pm

Feedback is life for devs,and they listen to them if they are correct and makes sense. the fort changes is a clear demostration. and remember that you play for free thanks to their work. we are not customers. don't act like that.