Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 15/02/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Lerilla

Re: Patch Notes 15/02/2020

Post#41 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:52 am

Then you shouldn't get a emblem for loosing a sc. It's the same but you don't throw so much time away.

Ads
Lithenir

Post#42 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:10 am

Lerilla wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:49 am
Lithenir wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:39 am
Lerilla wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:44 pm

I understand that, but there are also players who can't play 24 hours a day and can't wait for a 3+ star city to get the royal med. So, when a build WB fights against a non build WB, the not builed wb can leave instantly and the other gets free loot. And why should we stop rvr when there is only one fort missing. E.g. order needs only one fort missing for uv, oh but wait uv has only one star, let's stop attacking the fort and let's destro lock the fort back. Should this be the sense of rvr? I don't think so.
Let me ask you one thing in return. Should the sense of rvr be that you don't participate in it and just wait in the city until a city siege pops? I don't think so.
Devs sadly can't change player attitude. And TBH I think it will be pretty rare to have 1 star cities being sieged. There is a timer of 8 hours in which the city cannot be sieged after it has been sieged and it takes 12 hours for a city to be increased to 2 stars.
From what I have seen this weekend were incredibly strong defended zones and rvr after all which is great. No one threw zones, this is rvr how it should be.
In return I'll probably won't see a city siege in a long time but I don't care, for me endgame is the t4 campaign with the ultimate goal to siege the enemy city.
Nice that there were big fights. But I'm still thinking that there should be a little reward for even trying (even if the city has only 1 star) for defending/ attacking. What's the problem to give one medallion? Sure is the endgame the siege of the city. But yeah. Think about that. You pushed to the city the whole day but the city has only one star (this can happen under the week, like last week when there are few people online and not about 1200 like this weekend) and you have a pug wb and you have no chance against a defender wb. Wow... you get nothing as a reward. Easy play for the defender because the pug wb will loose people after people. Sounds nice.... not
If I push to the city the whole day chances are pretty high that the besieged city has at least 2 stars because of the 12 hour timer from 1 to 2 stars. I really don't see any problem here.

But I think the only thing we can do is to agree to disagree. I just play for the fun and do some roaming and SC. I don't think I am wasting my time if I don't reach city or am preparing for NA players. Which I have read in chat "stop doing this and that you are just preparing for NA players"
Don't understand why these things are so important to some players I just play for fights

Lerilla

Post#43 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:25 am

Lithenir wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:10 am
Lithenir wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:39 am

Let me ask you one thing in return. Should the sense of rvr be that you don't participate in it and just wait in the city until a city siege pops? I don't think so.
Devs sadly can't change player attitude. And TBH I think it will be pretty rare to have 1 star cities being sieged. There is a timer of 8 hours in which the city cannot be sieged after it has been sieged and it takes 12 hours for a city to be increased to 2 stars.
From what I have seen this weekend were incredibly strong defended zones and rvr after all which is great. No one threw zones, this is rvr how it should be.
In return I'll probably won't see a city siege in a long time but I don't care, for me endgame is the t4 campaign with the ultimate goal to siege the enemy city.
Nice that there were big fights. But I'm still thinking that there should be a little reward for even trying (even if the city has only 1 star) for defending/ attacking. What's the problem to give one medallion? Sure is the endgame the siege of the city. But yeah. Think about that. You pushed to the city the whole day but the city has only one star (this can happen under the week, like last week when there are few people online and not about 1200 like this weekend) and you have a pug wb and you have no chance against a defender wb. Wow... you get nothing as a reward. Easy play for the defender because the pug wb will loose people after people. Sounds nice.... not
If I push to the city the whole day chances are pretty high that the besieged city has at least 2 stars because of the 12 hour timer from 1 to 2 stars. I really don't see any problem here.

But I think the only thing we can do is to agree to disagree. I just play for the fun and do some roaming and SC. I don't think I am wasting my time if I don't reach city or am preparing for NA players. Which I have read in chat "stop doing this and that you are just preparing for NA players"
Don't understand why these things are so important to some players I just play for fights

In this point I agree with you 😁
I play for fun but I also want to see a reward for the time I invested. And when it's only one medallion/ emblem.
Yeah, that the next problem. Last Monday we sieged ad and all where happy that NA wouldn't be amused 🙄

anarchypark

Post#44 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:20 am

at the weekend, altdorf got rank2 after few hours from unlock.
I assume it was 4 hours.
guaranteed royal crest for 4hours of defending. or how about go offensive?

it's worth to defend zones to help those who already presume lost even b4 fight.
insurance is a thing of advanced society.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO5, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - https://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum ... =8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Lithenir

Post#45 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:07 pm

Lerilla wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:25 am
Spoiler:

I play for fun but I also want to see a reward for the time I invested. And when it's only one medallion/ emblem.
Yeah, that the next problem. Last Monday we sieged ad and all where happy that NA wouldn't be amused 🙄
I have to admit that I never understood the "I want to be rewarded" thing. Rewarded for what? Playing a game?
I mean I don't demand offline games to throw rewards towards me, why should I expect MMOs to do so.
Besides you get RR as reward in your playing time ;)

Alfa1986

Post#46 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:29 pm

Lithenir wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:07 pm
Lerilla wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:25 am
Spoiler:

I have to admit that I never understood the "I want to be rewarded" thing. Rewarded for what? Playing a game?
I mean I don't demand offline games to throw rewards towards me, why should I expect MMOs to do so.
Besides you get RR as reward in your playing time ;)
The rewards themselves do not matter, but the benefits they provide are important. most complaints come down to the fact that someone has unequal access to receiving awards for one reason or another, and accordingly, as a result, it becomes less competitive, ceteris paribus.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

wonshot

Post#47 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:04 am

Alright so two things,

Contribution does seem odd in cases of how contribution for pure damaging dealing is handled. if defenders in a city is only able to get contribution from funneling the 3rd center BO top DPS-classes are getting like 20th-15th contribution pre rng roll.

Same goes for phase2, if an instance occures where both realms dont clash in Stage2 and the only contribution achiveable is from damaging and killing the NPC lords, you would assume top 8 would be the DPS-classes in a 2-2-2 warband but thats again not the case and instead they get bottom contribution as of last hotfix.

As for PvP jewel pieces being restricted to Slot4 and pve accesories on Slot3, I think its a shame with this restriction. Is it really that bad, to allow players to mix Invader + warlord/sov jewels. its actually refreshing to not have to use a genesis piece, for the first time in years. and whats the big issue if we do so? the 2%strikethrough/defence on these pieces? or the option to double dip into high tier 2-3piece bonuses from several Royal sets?
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

anarchypark

Post#48 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:46 pm

wonshot wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:04 am the only contribution achiveable is from damaging and killing the NPC lords, you would assume top 8 would be the DPS-classes
why would you assume that, can 8 dps kill NPC lords? tanks heals were just standing there, right?
whats the big issue if we do so?
3~4 set bonus and free of main stat tactic?

world is so simple in dps pov.

ps. not that current contribution is ok. i'm sure they're fine tuning.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO5, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - https://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum ... =8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads
Ototo

Post#49 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:39 am

wonshot wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:04 am Alright so two things,

Contribution does seem odd in cases of how contribution for pure damaging dealing is handled. if defenders in a city is only able to get contribution from funneling the 3rd center BO top DPS-classes are getting like 20th-15th contribution pre rng roll.

Same goes for phase2, if an instance occures where both realms dont clash in Stage2 and the only contribution achiveable is from damaging and killing the NPC lords, you would assume top 8 would be the DPS-classes in a 2-2-2 warband but thats again not the case and instead they get bottom contribution as of last hotfix.

As for PvP jewel pieces being restricted to Slot4 and pve accesories on Slot3, I think its a shame with this restriction. Is it really that bad, to allow players to mix Invader + warlord/sov jewels. its actually refreshing to not have to use a genesis piece, for the first time in years. and whats the big issue if we do so? the 2%strikethrough/defence on these pieces? or the option to double dip into high tier 2-3piece bonuses from several Royal sets?
No to mixed sets. The power difference between a fresh 40 and a Sov 80 is tough enough as it is without the need to widen the gape with 4 level 70 jewels. Imo is a very coherent movement to not scare away new players. Hard to keep people playing when you are simply rolfstomping them, don't you think?
Spoiler:

wonshot

Post#50 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:11 am

anarchypark wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:46 pm
world is so simple in dps pov.

ps. not that current contribution is ok. i'm sure they're fine tuning.
The point I was trying to make, and failed to do so, was that in the rare cases where Stage2 turns into a pure DPS race between the two realms, where tanks, healers and damaing-classes all dogpile on the NPC lords without meeting, not a lot of mitigation is done by the tank archtypes, not too much healing is needed from the healer archtypes and they are assisting with taking the lords down. However the contribution for these Stage2 situations seem to be very often giving very little contribution towards Top DPS players before the 1-999 RNG roll.

This is only week2 ofc, but ive noticed this patern on several instances since the contribution hotfix since attending every citysiege since the hotfix.

But I agree and am sure devs will finetune the contribution for all archtypes to make it an even playingfield, right now DPS-archtypes just seem undertuned, but thats alright for a bit after we had free reign first 4 days.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO