Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 21/03/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Theseus

Re: Patch Notes 21/03/2020

Post#31 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:51 pm

Short Question. It says that DPS WP are classified as melee dps. Are they classified as such in normal sc as well? Not exactly a question to the update, I know, but it came to me when reading that sentence.
Andyrion Ulthenair
Arphyrion Soulblade

Ads
dalen
Developer

Post#32 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:48 am

Theseus wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:51 pm Short Question. It says that DPS WP are classified as melee dps. Are they classified as such in normal sc as well? Not exactly a question to the update, I know, but it came to me when reading that sentence.
They should be, yes. But only the solo ranked SCs are using strict 2-2-2 match making.
Source Developer

Sulorie

Post#33 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:59 am

Afaik MM is trying to find tanks and healer and checks if those are specced for dd but unlike ranked sc it is not enforced, so weird setups are possible. Ranked sc will just don't pop.
Dying is no option.

Theseus

Post#34 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:11 pm

dalen wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:48 am
Theseus wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:51 pm Short Question. It says that DPS WP are classified as melee dps. Are they classified as such in normal sc as well? Not exactly a question to the update, I know, but it came to me when reading that sentence.
They should be, yes. But only the solo ranked SCs are using strict 2-2-2 match making.
Ah I see. Thank you very much.
Andyrion Ulthenair
Arphyrion Soulblade

Madae

Post#35 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:00 am

You guys really need to drop everything you're doing and fix this;
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=36617
Your system worked when there was 400 people playing, but now you have 3000+ at prime time. You can't leave this the way it is and expect all these new players to keep playing.

Sulorie

Post#36 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:03 am

Madae wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:00 am You guys really need to drop everything you're doing and fix this;
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=36617
Your system worked when there was 400 people playing, but now you have 3000+ at prime time. You can't leave this the way it is and expect all these new players to keep playing.
Fix what? You have to identify the correct problem first, before you can think about fixing something.

On multiple occasions I talked with people, who were seeking help in advice chat, because their transition from 1-15 sc to 16-39 caused them to struggle. I went deep into how gear and bolster works, what items you should get and answered all possible questions. They were pro-active and asked for help but too few are doing this, they mostly just keep playing no matter how they perform and eventually quit.
I bought them cheap talismans they wouldn't have bought on their own, despite they should have the money. Too many people have empty talisman slots in their gear and they don't even question it.
All those people have seen an immediate improvement just by getting their gear in line and appreciated the help.

Ask yourself: When an experienced player rerolls and goes through lower tier on his way 1-40, they are supposed to encounter all those problems as well. Why do they own in scenario, despite their low rank?
Why there are 2 players with same class and rank but one is leading the scoreboard, while the other is at the bottom or some lower ranked chars perform better than lvl35-39?
New players have no gold to buy gear and talismans some may say? Make a farm char as first toon and use it to get gold and general experience with the game and UI addons to get a proper start with the first "real" char and a proper UI as well. No matter which 2nd class you pick, the first char will provide you with all the gold you need e.g. to buy 60% speed mount, which can be hard to get at first, because many r40 don't have it yet. You can use the gold for talismans and potions as well.

Blaming rank differences is a nice and easy explanation to not question yourself.
A glimpse on any new player stream shows a dozen things they are doing wrong. They will do it wrong even at higher ranks unless they start to identify those mistakes, which is very hard at the beginning and learn from it.
Dying is no option.

Madae

Post#37 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:11 am

Sulorie wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:03 amOn multiple occasions I talked with people, who were seeking help in advice chat, because their transition from 1-15 sc to 16-39 caused them to struggle. I went deep into how gear and bolster works, what items you should get and answered all possible questions. They were pro-active and asked for help but too few are doing this, they mostly just keep playing no matter how they perform and eventually quit.
I bought them cheap talismans they wouldn't have bought on their own, despite they should have the money. Too many people have empty talisman slots in their gear and they don't even question it.
All those people have seen an immediate improvement just by getting their gear in line and appreciated the help.

Ask yourself: When an experienced player rerolls and goes through lower tier on his way 1-40, they are supposed to encounter all those problems as well. Why do they own in scenario, despite their low rank?
Why there are 2 players with same class and rank but one is leading the scoreboard, while the other is at the bottom or some lower ranked chars perform better than lvl35-39?
New players have no gold to buy gear and talismans some may say? Make a farm char as first toon and use it to get gold and general experience with the game and UI addons to get a proper start with the first "real" char and a proper UI as well. No matter which 2nd class you pick, the first char will provide you with all the gold you need e.g. to buy 60% speed mount, which can be hard to get at first, because many r40 don't have it yet. You can use the gold for talismans and potions as well.

Blaming rank differences is a nice and easy explanation to not question yourself.
A glimpse on any new player stream shows a dozen things they are doing wrong. They will do it wrong even at higher ranks unless they start to identify those mistakes, which is very hard at the beginning and learn from it.

That's a lot of words for "nothing is wrong". Believe what you want, and feel free to pat yourself on the back when this game drops to 400 people again. That post was very clear about what the problem is, and you just want to make excuses for something that was not even part of the original game but was a change made by the devs here to combat the total lack of players this server used to have. How anyone can argue in favor of it when there is literally no reason for it to exist anymore just boggles my mind. I do not care if it's "possible" to cope with these enormous differences in power/level, it simply wasn't intended to be that way. This is an antiquated band-aid that is no longer needed. You can't argue against that.

Sulorie

Post#38 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:34 am

Madae wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:11 am

That's a lot of words for "nothing is wrong". Believe what you want, and feel free to pat yourself on the back when this game drops to 400 people again. That post was very clear about what the problem is, and you just want to make excuses for something that was not even part of the original game but was a change made by the devs here to combat the total lack of players this server used to have. How anyone can argue in favor of it when there is literally no reason for it to exist anymore just boggles my mind. I do not care if it's "possible" to cope with these enormous differences in power/level, it simply wasn't intended to be that way. This is an antiquated band-aid that is no longer needed. You can't argue against that.
The live game actually is a perfect example, why this was a good change.
Live t2 and t3 were a ghost town after the majority of all starters at launch hit t4. New players starting or old players rerolling didn't compensate the loss of players just by progressing to t4.
The addition of no-xp books and the fact that people played in t3 up to rank 39 to get rr70+ to skip the t4 gear gaps was another reason why people came back to low tier and populated t3. At the same time t2 was empty.
What we have here is just an influx of players like in live at start, only with the difference, that we know, what will happen, if we have kept live tier brackets. Setting brackets are long term decisions, because nobody wants to change the brackets all the time.
All players have more zones to play in, so more variety of environment and not the same few rvr lakes split by rank, while especially the t2 ones won't be used much.
New players can join their guild and don't have to wait until rank 40 to play with them.
Apparently you disagree but there is more than one opinion and the devs don't share yours.

New players need a better guideline ingame, because hardly anyone visits forum, this is something to work on.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Madae

Post#39 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:47 am

Sulorie wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:34 amThe live game actually is a perfect example, why this was a good change.

We could argue all day about what exactly it was that killed live. PVP may have played a part, but it certainly wasn't the only reason. 2000-2010 was the decade of the MMO, the market was oversaturated and they were all competing with a game that could not be beaten. There was also, supposedly, a license agreement that wasn't renewed.

I left a suggestion about what I, personally, think should be done in the other thread.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#40 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:59 pm

Madae wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:47 am
Sulorie wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:34 amThe live game actually is a perfect example, why this was a good change.

We could argue all day about what exactly it was that killed live. PVP may have played a part, but it certainly wasn't the only reason. 2000-2010 was the decade of the MMO, the market was oversaturated and they were all competing with a game that could not be beaten. There was also, supposedly, a license agreement that wasn't renewed.

I left a suggestion about what I, personally, think should be done in the other thread.
I can easily assure you there are no intentions to change the RvR system.

Suggestion directly answered. Now you can cope with that answer, and move on to a different topic.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog