Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 08/04/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
amorse6

Re: Patch Notes 08/04/2020

Post#101 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:24 pm

Glad to know the RoR developers again nerf things without actually playing the classes or test their nerf before implementing or even just ask the community....no body has complained about this "bug" and the fact that you buffed everyone's aoe and now NERFING a class that has very little WB use in the first place is just fantastic. Thanks for leaving the WHs and WE to solo que into every city siege moving forward. Glad to know I'll get sov on literally every other toon before my WE.

Thanks RoR staff!!!

Ads
Twohandernoob

Post#102 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:13 pm

dirnsterer wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:36 pm
Twohandernoob wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:27 pm
dirnsterer wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:00 pm

In a sense longer immunity is a nerf, you cannot do the good 'ol disengage, get stealth and wait for immunity to lower, then re-engage with stun / whatever -setup. With the shorter immunity this was a possibility. Now it is basically just "I stagger you and run away" ability.
NOT in a sense. It is a nerf.

It was always undenfendable since live and RoR till it became bugged a few patches ago. You can search when we started to complain about that. It was then hotfixed and shortly after became bugged again and noone could be bothered to raise it again.

Now with added duration you're prevented from easily re-engaging. A nerf to the solo hunting style. Good job we have group/warband play to fall back on eh?
But you can stagger target now and run away in stealth, that is what we play the game for after all as stealther class. But yeah, I do think some devs were mistreated by some WE's or WH's on live and they are just to be made another brawler class without any interesting inner workings when it comes to their skills / mechanics.
I almost forget, the self punt range was nerfed significantly from live to RoR also.

Send some love our way devs!

dirnsterer

Post#103 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:33 pm

Twohandernoob wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:13 pm
dirnsterer wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:36 pm
Twohandernoob wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:27 pm

NOT in a sense. It is a nerf.

It was always undenfendable since live and RoR till it became bugged a few patches ago. You can search when we started to complain about that. It was then hotfixed and shortly after became bugged again and noone could be bothered to raise it again.

Now with added duration you're prevented from easily re-engaging. A nerf to the solo hunting style. Good job we have group/warband play to fall back on eh?
But you can stagger target now and run away in stealth, that is what we play the game for after all as stealther class. But yeah, I do think some devs were mistreated by some WE's or WH's on live and they are just to be made another brawler class without any interesting inner workings when it comes to their skills / mechanics.
I almost forget, the self punt range was nerfed significantly from live to RoR also.

Send some love our way devs!
Can always start by fixing skills like they fixed the aoe tactic. Instead of stealth nerfing them as a "fix". Honestly I can agree with the fact that the tactic was out of line if it was not intended as such and the fix was proper for it, should do suggestion on improving it for wb play. But why not just fix DA / AE to what it should be?

KingGrave

Post#104 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:36 pm

First off, thank you Devs for bringing this game back. I have missed this game for many years and was so happy to play my favorite class again..Witch Hunter.

I knew it was not the most desired class for WBs going into the game, so that is not the issue. I am a little confused as to the fix to Sweeping Razor. The game has gone the way of blob vs blob spamming AOEs and M-Bombs. I figured the use that a WH would serve in a WB or specifically city battles would be the morale drain.
However, the other option we served to a WB was our little slice that hit multiple units so that we felt like we were doing something. It takes a lot just to get into range in order to use it and build accusations, and with light armor that is a bit of a challenge. There are other classes that will contribute much, much more when it comes to MDPS. Now that the option of specing Sweeping Razor has been taken out of the choice of a spec (no use hitting 3 of the blob when sometimes those strike may hit a pet, or a canon.) We are stuck with simply the morale drain and that could do with some buffing.

Please, revert the sweeping razor (Unless you have a buff incoming for the class, then in that case Huzzah!).

Thank you again Devs, for bringing this game back and supporting it with all the passion of a true gamer.

Occido-WH- RR60+

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#105 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:44 pm

Detangler wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:55 pm Curious what was fixed on the Chosen for Dire Shielding. I've been using it in WB play for a while now and it sure seemed to work just fine for me. I'd get spam damage every second or so from all the AOE hitting allies around me. Did you take out the internal cooldown on it? Please?
No , the issue was you needed to have a defensive target for the Aoe Fire
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Darks63

Post#106 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:56 pm

Hey grun in regards to the gunbad change. If you fail the last stage of the last pq does the barrier still drop like it did before? If not left wing will be quite the bitch to finish if the boss there starts bugging.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Grock

Post#107 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:15 pm

Arguetlam wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:58 pm @moderntimes your point is irrevelent as long as 3 end game gear is obtainable in a warband scenario only. All classes, therefore should be somewhat relevent in this setting.
You forgot Invader.

3 top sets + 1 set to actually unlock them, all come frm mass RvR/Warband play.

The argument that wh/we is a solo roam class and doesn't need WB spec is just stupid. This is WB/RvR game, not a solo ganking battle royale.
That moderntimes guy has no idea what they talking about and makes zero sense.

Every class should be viable/playable in group/wb play in their primary role. This isn't shooter game where you can just switch your class on the fly. It takes weeks and months to develop a capable character.
Last edited by Grock on Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

xanderous

Post#108 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:25 pm

So good to see devs patching another class into obscurity now WH/WE can join magus/engie/SW in the meme category, to never be invited to any serious organised warbands, great job.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

Ads
TreefAM

Post#109 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:28 pm

Yeah some serious wbs taking we/wh for their aoe lol, this does nothing to their usefulness in the city fights

Elemint

Post#110 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:43 pm

dalen wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:45 pm Will try to fix it (and then probably restrict them to short ones like now in RvR). But there's still some parts of player character animations that we haven't figured out quite how they work yet.
Much appreciate it! Will greatly enjoy sitting on an IC ledge with my boots off