Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
dalen
Developer

Re: Patch Notes 29/04/2020 - Ranked Scenarios

Post#141 » Mon May 04, 2020 8:50 am

Specialpatrol wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 9:48 pm
MaxHayman wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 9:13 pm
Everdin wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 8:14 pm

So if a warband defend a zone from begin to end, 6 people will get nothing? Not matter if the fight from first to last second?
if you have been earning contribution from beginning to end its highly unlikely to be in the bottom 25%. It is aimed to exclude people who join a defence right at the end.
It’s still an odd ‘fix’.

If you have a 100 players defending a zone, where everybody contributes evenly, you’ll still have 25 that will walk away empty-handed - simply by design.

Why not just keep the system already in place, where if you justify for a roll, then you also get the medallion reward? You could simply raise the contribution needed for a bag roll, if you’re so afraid of people not doing enough to justify the reward.

Cutting 25% out by default is just lazy design.

Or hey, crazy thought - let Invader/Royal medallions drop from players of corresponding renown rank and add up- and down-conversion. Now that would be dope.
The bottom 25% of contributors only got a cow pie bag anyway. So they never qualified for an actual bag roll.

So if you qualify for a proper bag roll, you also qualify for the end zone defense reward.
Source Developer

Ads
inflamez

Post#142 » Mon May 04, 2020 10:47 am

idk if any dev reads this but please take a look at ranked matches, since release they are still starting 5vs5 sometimes or even worse 5vs6. any fix would be appreciated

Sandinio

Post#143 » Mon May 04, 2020 12:10 pm

nuadarstark wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:23 am Is the vanq tome unlock the unlock for getting the whole vanq? Because if so then come on guys that's a bit ridiculous. Vanq gear is crazy expensive and barely an upgrade for a lot of classes over Conq.

Otherwise this just means a ton of people will go back to not doing anything till one side hits a fort, because they'll never get to the "invader from defence of an end zone" reward, because who has full Vanq with the current prices?
It was upgrade for my KotBS and BW. They reduced the price for Vanq, I'm really not sure what are you complaining about?

If you want Invader meds from oRvR you have to play it, if you play it regularly, you get your Vanq set quickly.
ORDER
Sandinio - mDPS follower KotBS - 40/80
Acutor - Bombing BW - 40/68
Derrak - retired Slayer - 40/4x
Gurat - sWP - 40/4x
and few others

DESTRO
Sandiago - new mDPS follower BG 40
Guraoth - sDoK to see the difference to sWP 40

Vayra

Post#144 » Mon May 04, 2020 12:52 pm

Sandinio wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 12:10 pm
nuadarstark wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:23 am Is the vanq tome unlock the unlock for getting the whole vanq? Because if so then come on guys that's a bit ridiculous. Vanq gear is crazy expensive and barely an upgrade for a lot of classes over Conq.

Otherwise this just means a ton of people will go back to not doing anything till one side hits a fort, because they'll never get to the "invader from defence of an end zone" reward, because who has full Vanq with the current prices?
It was upgrade for my KotBS and BW. They reduced the price for Vanq, I'm really not sure what are you complaining about?

If you want Invader meds from oRvR you have to play it, if you play it regularly, you get your Vanq set quickly.
Did they? It's still 900 tokens or so for the full set. And you don't exactly earn them at a fast pace unless you run around with a 6 man and get tons of kills on high rr stragglers.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

nuadarstark

Post#145 » Mon May 04, 2020 2:18 pm

Sandinio wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 12:10 pm

It's a ton of Vanq medallions, it's a longer grind that the grind of Invader medallions, if you manage to get into fort regularly. On my WP I only need the last invader piece at the moment and I'm nowhere near close having medallions for full Vanq (and I'm not counting the last few days and the invader farm from end zones).
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

RORquest

Post#146 » Mon May 04, 2020 2:23 pm

vanq tome unlock has killed alt gearing for me oh well

M0rw47h

Post#147 » Mon May 04, 2020 2:29 pm

RORquest wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 2:23 pm vanq tome unlock has killed alt gearing for me oh well
Getting vanq is no effort currently.

Vayra

Post#148 » Mon May 04, 2020 2:37 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 2:29 pm
RORquest wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 2:23 pm vanq tome unlock has killed alt gearing for me oh well
It's a lot of time unless you get very lucky with gold bags. My highest rr char has 2 Vanq pieces and ~230 medallions at 65. Have had several duplicates from gold bags which translates into a handful of tokens instead of a full piece. Comparatively the same char has 130 Invader medals (without taking part in the end zone farm, if I had the time this past week for that I'd have full invader) and no pieces as in 15 or so forts where I fight in a warband all the way through I have never placed higher than 180 after rolls.

So yeah, unless you get no duplicates from gold bags, it is a fair amount of effort to get Vanq currently. It's not a hard grind, but it's a time-consuming one.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Ads
RORquest

Post#149 » Mon May 04, 2020 2:41 pm

[/quote]

901 meds no effort? ok dude lol

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#150 » Mon May 04, 2020 2:45 pm

The vanq unlock is only needed to get the inv medallions for zone defense orthe invader meds from T4 zone locks gold/purp bags => you will get inv from forts/city without vanq unlock...also can wear invader set without vanq unlock...