Grunbag
Former Staff

Re: Patch Notes 06/05/2020

Post#51 » Thu May 07, 2020 9:36 am

Nefarian78 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 5:05 am
ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:28 pm
[Dungeons]

Blood wrought Enclave:

- Fixed Barakus the GodSlayer mechanic. You’ll need the 3 items that side bosses drop to kill the boss . To make sure you don’t miss any item , we added additional walls from side boss to Barakus Door .
The items descriptions will help you to figure out when to use them.

There's a reason literally EVERYBODY avoids mechanics in BB/BE and it's because they're by far and wide the worst pve content ever seen in ANY game. Every single mob and boss in those dungeons is a giant damage sponge that does nothing with mechanics in place to slow you down even further.

Destro dungeons are designed to be as much of a pain in the ass as possible, while Order has dungeons that are smooth and have actually enjoyable mechanics. I get fixing exploits, but i'd say it's also time to do something about how awful BB/BE is compared to C/T.

Removing the constant AP drain from BB and making trash mobs hp the same as C/T would be a good start.
Did you tried to cleanse the ap drain with Gag self ? If you ignore mechanics then don’t expect to be rewarded for it .

If you have better mechanics post them here !
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Ads
dirnsterer

Post#52 » Thu May 07, 2020 9:54 am

Grunbag wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:36 am
[Dungeons]

Blood wrought Enclave:

- Fixed Barakus the GodSlayer mechanic. You’ll need the 3 items that side bosses drop to kill the boss . To make sure you don’t miss any item , we added additional walls from side boss to Barakus Door .

There's a reason literally EVERYBODY avoids mechanics in BB/BE and it's because they're by far and wide the worst pve content ever seen in ANY game. Every single mob and boss in those dungeons is a giant damage sponge that does nothing with mechanics in place to slow you down even further.

Destro dungeons are designed to be as much of a pain in the ass as possible, while Order has dungeons that are smooth and have actually enjoyable mechanics. I get fixing exploits, but i'd say it's also time to do something about how awful BB/BE is compared to C/T.

Removing the constant AP drain from BB and making trash mobs hp the same as C/T would be a good start.
Did you tried to cleanse the ap drain with Gag self ? If you ignore mechanics then don’t expect to be rewarded for it .

Make a mechanic into Order city dungeons where they walk along, then they get debuff 'Crippled' now and then which makes them unable to use weapons until they amputate their crippled leg and that spawns three stormvermin to shank them in the ass.

Toggle

Post#53 » Thu May 07, 2020 10:51 am

Omegus wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 5:22 am
Toggle wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 11:22 pm
Omegus wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 5:15 pm Did the missing items from the appearance guide (such as some of the t2 shoulders) make it in to this patch? I know it's not in the notes but Grunbag said they would be in the "next patch" which was today. I'm not sure if the items didn't make it in or if it was just missed off the patch notes.

Thank you.
You better not be hunting my appearance...
I've already called dibs on the candle shoulders. Sorry :P
Noooooooo!
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Mesarea

Post#54 » Thu May 07, 2020 11:11 am

Hi ,
i cannot log in and now i must download 171k data files feom launcher (:

Machwar

Post#55 » Thu May 07, 2020 12:15 pm

[Dungeons]

Blood wrought Enclave:

There is no mechanics by poping some barrier to make players to loose time...
The essence of pve is to go slowly because of the stuff and watch out for all the strat, ex: in conq, you need to do the mini bosses to get the items when a full sovereign tank can solo the last boss without any items
So, what the point to force us doing the little bosses ? Just a waste of time...

In one hand, you make gunbad easier, and in the other hand, you force us to feel that we gear our char for nothing (i mean in pve)

I don't really understand the purpose of it
Arroswar -> Disciple of Khaine
Iwar -> Archmage

Nefarian78

Post#56 » Thu May 07, 2020 12:23 pm

This has nothing to do with expecting to be rewarded for ignoring mechanics, where did you read it in my post? Yes Gag self is an option, unfortunately it works 1/10 of the time because it either disappears from your bar or the debuff is reapplied immeditaly since there's invisible mobs spewing that stuff every 25 feet.

I did suggest something that could be done to make BB/BE better already.

Take a look at the trash mob's HP. It's much higher compared to the mobs in C/T.

Do something about the constant AP drain in BB (Why is it even there? What does that even add to the experience other than frustration and artificial difficulty?)

Give the cauldron boss a mechanic instead of simply being a sponge with decreasing damage and healing % maybe?
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Omegus

Post#57 » Thu May 07, 2020 1:05 pm

I can't remember the last time I actually saw Gag Self appear on the list of granted abilities. I had honestly forgotten it existed.
Nefarian78 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:23 pmGive the cauldron boss a mechanic instead of simply being a sponge with decreasing damage and healing % maybe?
His mechanic is the couldron though. Use it and healers remove the Soul Killer debuff that gets applied to them.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#58 » Thu May 07, 2020 3:15 pm

The items on Barakus always supposed to be used to beat the boss, it wasn’t working so I fixed the items

Ads
Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#59 » Thu May 07, 2020 5:26 pm

Nefarian78 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:23 pm

This has nothing to do with expecting to be rewarded for ignoring mechanics, where did you read it in my post? Yes Gag self is an option, unfortunately it works 1/10 of the time because it either disappears from your bar or the debuff is reapplied immeditaly since there's invisible mobs spewing that stuff every 25 feet.

I did suggest something that could be done to make BB/BE better already.

Take a look at the trash mob's HP. It's much higher compared to the mobs in C/T.

Do something about the constant AP drain in BB (Why is it even there? What does that even add to the experience other than frustration and artificial difficulty?)

Give the cauldron boss a mechanic instead of simply being a sponge with decreasing damage and healing % maybe?
I fixed the issue with ap drain for next patch , and I uniformized the hp between crypt and be .

I tested gag self it works , you have few sec to react and use it before thé granted ability is removed .

xarax

Post#60 » Fri May 08, 2020 9:01 pm

500 kills are a lot for the weekend SC. Mostly you get out with like 5-15 kills at max. Thats like 50 instances you will have to play. At least in the instances i played so far.
Zeal80 - Dok82 - Sham74
BO81 - BG80 - WE75

and tooooo many alts