Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
dirnsterer

Re: Patch Notes 06/05/2020

Post#41 » Wed May 06, 2020 10:56 pm

adamthelc wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 6:32 pm
Akalukz wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 6:03 pm
Ceithin wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:39 pm

24 players hit with a single skill, that is quite a buff
But nerf the W/E & W/H one that was like extremely similar?
Its almost like they weren't designed to perform the same role.

Besides that its still different. The core tactic for razor strike/slice turns a single target ability into an AoE and the mastery tactic for Slayers and Choppas turns an AoE ability into a bigger AoE.
Yes, so it would be limited up to 9, scaling it up similar fashion as every other skill. Not 24. And what does not designed to perform same role, what role is WE / WH designed to perform then? Single target? Hello Slayer, the best 6vs6 class with supreme pressure and single target damage. Hello Choppa, doing great single target damage too. Oh, they also great with AoE! So what ROLE, is Choppa and Slayer supposed to be then? WE / WH role is clearly to be a walking dumpster by that logic.

Ads
Toggle

Post#42 » Wed May 06, 2020 11:22 pm

Omegus wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 5:15 pm Did the missing items from the appearance guide (such as some of the t2 shoulders) make it in to this patch? I know it's not in the notes but Grunbag said they would be in the "next patch" which was today. I'm not sure if the items didn't make it in or if it was just missed off the patch notes.

Thank you.
You better not be hunting my appearance...
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

nocturnalguest

Post#43 » Wed May 06, 2020 11:30 pm

Grock wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 4:47 pm
ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:28 pm [Abilities]

Shadow Warrior :
- Whirling Pin won’t have a delay between ability activation and jump back.

Squig Herder :
- Sticky Squigs won’t have a delay between ability activation and jump back.
This is cool! Can we get a similar treatment for Slayer's Deathblow, Precarious Assault, Wild Swing and some other abilities?
The damage comes long after after the animation finishes, its so bad that sometimes you die or get CC'ed and your ability is interrupted even though its supposed to be an instant cast :cry:

I suppose choppas suffer from this as well?
And add IBs Earthshatter on a list too

adamthelc

Post#44 » Wed May 06, 2020 11:42 pm

dirnsterer wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 10:56 pm
Akalukz wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 6:03 pm

But nerf the W/E & W/H one that was like extremely similar?

Besides that its still different. The core tactic for razor strike/slice turns a single target ability into an AoE and the mastery tactic for Slayers and Choppas turns an AoE ability into a bigger AoE.
Yes, so it would be limited up to 9, scaling it up similar fashion as every other skill. Not 24. And what does not designed to perform same role, what role is WE / WH designed to perform then? Single target? Hello Slayer, the best 6vs6 class with supreme pressure and single target damage. Hello Choppa, doing great single target damage too. Oh, they also great with AoE! So what ROLE, is Choppa and Slayer supposed to be then? WE / WH role is clearly to be a walking dumpster by that logic.
Dude I didn't design the classes. Witch Hunter and Witch Elf have no core AoE abilities, Choppas and Slayers have plenty of single target abilities. I dont really care if they give WH/WE good AoE, but I don't know where people come off like its a mistake that they don't have good AoE.

dirnsterer

Post#45 » Wed May 06, 2020 11:54 pm

adamthelc wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 11:42 pm

Dude I didn't design the classes. Witch Hunter and Witch Elf have no core AoE abilities, Choppas and Slayers have plenty of single target abilities. I dont really care if they give WH/WE good AoE, but I don't know where people come off like its a mistake that they don't have good AoE.
Still WH / WE do have that AoE tactic as a core tactic though. For some bizarre reason. But I suppose it is not meant to be, let them have no AoE then, and then have them be also on same level as every other melee career is on single target. Even WL's got decentish aoe setup available for them, and I do remember the days when people made a point of "WL's have such a high single target burst, because they have no AoE" and now, lo and behold.

Adelmar

Post#46 » Thu May 07, 2020 12:10 am

adamthelc wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 11:42 pm

I think making the tactic hit 9 targets wouldn't be out of balance at all, since that's literally the only aoe they have outside of a 13 point speccable ability with a 10sec CD, but if they keep it 3, so be it. Though, as you said, WH/WE wasn't meant to be aoe, then they should be the top of the food chain for single target melee damage then, which they aren't currently. Haven't played my WH or WE in awhile, but it's disheartening when my SW hits much harder than either, same can be said of WL. For classes with 0 armor and are the "assassin" archetype, they should be in a slightly better spot for single target than they currently are, imo.
Adelmar (WH) - RR8X
Audari (WE) - RR7X
Contract (SW) - RR8X

Starx

Post#47 » Thu May 07, 2020 1:09 am

adamthelc wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 11:42 pm Dude I didn't design the classes. Witch Hunter and Witch Elf have no core AoE abilities, Choppas and Slayers have plenty of single target abilities. I dont really care if they give WH/WE good AoE, but I don't know where people come off like its a mistake that they don't have good AoE.
City is the endgame, is the capstone content and conclusion to the campaign the main driver of RvR. Because this content is basically a 24v24 AoE bomb deathball match in every stage if you class has shitty AoE it's in most peoples eyes **** or a mistake because all that matters is how viable it is for city.

And considering the effort you have to put into a character to even get it city wb ready, and the prereqs now like full invader they have a point tbh. I had a ton of fun on magus getting it ready for city while I did sov grind on my AM. But when i found out how terrible it is for city it was pretty frustrating. Having to constantly play like im trying for a 100 mythic parse, and spending hours at dummies testing different builds rotations just to eek out something that could at least on the scoreboard keep up with ppl in our wb playing other dps.

Nefarian78

Post#48 » Thu May 07, 2020 5:05 am

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:28 pm
[Dungeons]

Blood wrought Enclave:

- Fixed Barakus the GodSlayer mechanic. You’ll need the 3 items that side bosses drop to kill the boss . To make sure you don’t miss any item , we added additional walls from side boss to Barakus Door .
The items descriptions will help you to figure out when to use them.

There's a reason literally EVERYBODY avoids mechanics in BB/BE and it's because they're by far and wide the worst pve content ever seen in ANY game. Every single mob and boss in those dungeons is a giant damage sponge that does nothing with mechanics in place to slow you down even further.

Destro dungeons are designed to be as much of a pain in the ass as possible, while Order has dungeons that are smooth and have actually enjoyable mechanics. I get fixing exploits, but i'd say it's also time to do something about how awful BB/BE is compared to C/T.

Removing the constant AP drain from BB and making trash mobs hp the same as C/T would be a good start.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Ads
Omegus

Post#49 » Thu May 07, 2020 5:22 am

Toggle wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 11:22 pm
Omegus wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 5:15 pm Did the missing items from the appearance guide (such as some of the t2 shoulders) make it in to this patch? I know it's not in the notes but Grunbag said they would be in the "next patch" which was today. I'm not sure if the items didn't make it in or if it was just missed off the patch notes.

Thank you.
You better not be hunting my appearance...
I've already called dibs on the candle shoulders. Sorry :P
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Almondile

Post#50 » Thu May 07, 2020 7:45 am

So now, you can take game as well as Discord out of Admin mode and be able to use "ptt" on Discord?
:shock: