Ads

Patch Notes 20/05/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
voldepoule

Re: Patch Notes 20/05/2020

Post#31 » Wed May 20, 2020 5:43 pm

Kaelang wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:42 pm
voldepoule wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:39 pm Since update, i've lost the +2 mastery bonus with sovereign. I've tried to relog, unworn equipement, and respect mastery, but nothing to do, i've lost the bonus. Any idea ? Am i alone ?
Voodoo magic is currently effecting mastery points. (It's a known, and live report).
Thank you Kealang !

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Post#32 » Wed May 20, 2020 5:45 pm

Nameless wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:28 pm I would like to see different armor hardcaps for light, medium and heavy armor. So ppl stop doing this armor stacking race and phys dps (esp range ones) become relevant
For example
For light armor users hard cap at 35 reduction
For meduim users to 50
For heavy users to 75
I remember Mythic devs talking about a resistence bypass stat at some point near the end. Problem with armour is you need to stack it due to the bypass but those without that bypass then have an issue. If you dont stack it your naked against some classes. Willpower isnt a particularly useful stat past 800 for healers and for a bit of disrupt. If willpower also worked like weapon skill providing avoidance and bypass for none healers it becomes a much more interesting stat and the lack of an offensive stat tactic on healers can be covered with some bypass from their stat tactic. Then cant just focus on physical resistance.

Nameless

Post#33 » Wed May 20, 2020 5:57 pm

Telen wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:45 pm
Nameless wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:28 pm I would like to see different armor hardcaps for light, medium and heavy armor. So ppl stop doing this armor stacking race and phys dps (esp range ones) become relevant
For example
For meduim users to 50
For heavy users to 75
I remember Mythic devs talking about a resistence bypass stat at some point near the end. Problem with armour is you need to stack it due to the bypass but those without that bypass then have an issue. If you dont stack it your naked against some classes. Willpower isnt a particularly useful stat past 800 for healers and for a bit of disrupt. If willpower also worked like weapon skill providing avoidance and bypass for none healers it becomes a much more interesting stat and the lack of an offensive stat tactic on healers can be covered with some bypass from their stat tactic. Then cant just focus on physical resistance.
Willpower acting like weapon skill was planned prelunch but mythic didnt liked it and changed it on lunch. That is why all magic users had quite many willpower on their gear.

Other idea for magic dds (and healers) were to put weapon dps somehow to effect all skills. Cos mdps classes got realadvantage from weapond dps while casters got only raw stats from the weapon
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Telen
Suspended

Post#34 » Wed May 20, 2020 6:28 pm

Nameless wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:57 pm Willpower acting like weapon skill was planned prelunch but mythic didnt liked it and changed it on lunch. That is why all magic users had quite many willpower on their gear.

Other idea for magic dds (and healers) were to put weapon dps somehow to effect all skills. Cos mdps classes got realadvantage from weapond dps while casters got only raw stats from the weapon
Oh yeah that might have been it. I vaguely remember.

I think the idea was to give magic dots to act like an aa but that doesnt make sense when you have so many shord cd cleanses and gcleanse.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#35 » Wed May 20, 2020 7:08 pm

Thx for the work, awesome as always.

Regarding the new dps scale for weapons => well...again more dps.
Really hard to keep healing while dps numbers grow and grow with new sets/increase aoe cap and now with new weapons...while healers are having a hard time keeping this dps scaling....heals dont grow much with willpower and shields/buffs grow nothing with stats...

Nameless

Post#36 » Wed May 20, 2020 7:29 pm

On paper new, better gear mean more free stats to put in defence for all. DD classes reach the cap faster and rest for secondary offencing stat or defence. So the explode efect happens when sov geared guy face guy at anni
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

adapter
Suspended

Post#37 » Wed May 20, 2020 9:35 pm

Sov weapons! i can't wait!
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

jtj5002

Post#38 » Wed May 20, 2020 9:51 pm

Nameless wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:28 pm
Nekkma wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 2:05 pm Yes, gear in general seem rather random as some sets have very good itemization while others are avarage/bad.

Something I would like is to tie armor to class (perhaps weapon dps as well). Meaning unify armor values on all light, medium and heavy armor. As it is now you are more or less forced to go with the higher armor sets just because the extra added armor. It would also help lower ranked players with survivablity.
I would like to see different armor hardcaps for light, medium and heavy armor. So ppl stop doing this armor stacking race and phys dps (esp range ones) become relevant
For example
For meduim users to 50
For heavy users to 75
I don't really see that point of that. WL debuff + slayer armor pen already put my 5k armor dok at ~40-50% mitigation. Light armor users would never see 35% damage reduction vs a proper WB as it is.
Dok Mileycyruuus
BG Mileycyruus
Chosen Mileycyrusdad

Ads
phononHYPE

Post#39 » Wed May 20, 2020 10:13 pm

Hoot'n anny! This is exciting (weapon adjustmen). Also, thank you very much on small works like sharing quests and notes on why they can or can not be shared. My alts love you.

Second, I am starting to get more excited about the weekend SCs (mainly do to bonuses). It gives a good incentive to jump in and I am discovering that I actually do like playing them throughout the week as well. Kudos. With 'other' threads talking about city/forts only happening on weekends, I say to that Pshaw! Jump in the SCs fer yer waaagh!
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

balshv

Post#40 » Wed May 20, 2020 10:55 pm

My feel is gear progression and itemization is terrible, I find the healer above complaining pretty funny. There's barely any dmge increase between the 1st sets you can get at 40 and sov and the armor and defenses value get to really retarded level.