Today Return of Reckoning is 6 years old. It's quite crazy to look back and see how far we have come. When we first opened our doors we only had Empire vs Chaos T1 open, basic ORvR mechanics, level cap of 12, Nordenwatch was the only scenario and a player cap of 50 (See early videos here and here). Fast forward to 2020 and we have had Keep battles with over 1,000 players in, almost 4,000 concurrently connected players, over 300,000 registered accounts, over 1,000,000 characters created, over 1,000,000 scenarios played, over 30,000,000 items, over 100,000,000 Tome of Knowledge Unlocks and over 1,000,000,000 player kills. It's quite something. However we wouldn't have come this far if it wasn't for the amazing volunteers who have contributed a lot of their free time to bringing back this amazing game and the massive amounts of passionate players who make it all worth while.
[Live Event - The Celebration]
For years blood has been shed and the war rages on. Any glimmer of total victory disappears in the blink of an eye, or in layman's terms, as fast as it takes for a [sorceress/bright wizard - realm dependent] to kill you. Instead we noble soldiers chase victory like a squig chases its target into the distant unknown. The madness continues, and in a mad world the mad reign as kings.
The tide of madness surges from the Chaos Wastes across the Old World. Will you confront madness and overcome it, or will you be the next of its victims?
Order - Madness Reigns - Starts from Klaus Grausicht / Altdorf Market Square
Destruction -Herald of Madness - Starts from Verina Eye-Flayer / The Inevitable City Apex
The +50% XP & Renown Buff will be active in all Empire vs Chaos pairings and the Twisted Tower Scenario.
[New Scenario - Twisting Tower]
Within the farthest reaches of the Chaos Wastes resides the enigmatic Twisting Tower. Battle for control over both the Atrium and the Loft to secure the tower and earn points for your realm. Controlling the tower will reveal the Oculus of Change which your realm can seize to earn extra points but beware of the Changers Gaze!
Click here to watch on YouTube
This is a test, if we see it has negative effects on the game we will remove or change it.
A soft cap on morale damage has been added. It functions as a meter that increases for each point of morale damage you take, and decays by 500 points per second. If the meter hits 2400, you will start mitigating 50% of all morale damage you take after that. As long as your meter is above 2400 you will get a buff called "Resolute".
The reasons for this change is that there has been an increased meta around coordinated AoE morale dumps in larger scale fights, which makes wounds the only defensive stat that really matters. Our hope is that this brings more diversity into tactics employed, while still keeping morale damage abilities as a powerful tool.
- Fortress Weapons have been released. These have brand models developed by several talented artists. They can be found at the Invader merchant in your capital city.
1h Weapons cost 60 Invader Crests and 50 gold, along with trading in your 1h Subjugator weapon
2h Weapons cost 120 Invader Crests and 100 gold, along with trading in your 2h Subjugator weapon
note : Due to some late skin rework, some icons may not reflect final appearance. A post to show final look : viewtopic.php?f=65&t=38844
Edit 11.06.20 : EDIT : For IP/copyright reasons (discovered recently), Glaive and rapier are gonna be reworked from scratch asap.
Shadow Warrior changes have arrived. These changes are aimed (haha) at giving ranged Shadow Warrior specs a bit more love, something long overdue. Naturally we will be keeping a close eye on how these changes perform.
Squig Herders are coming up next, but we're going to give it at least a week before we get started on their changes.
Please provide theorycrafting and feedback about these changes on the forums after thoroughly testing them of course.
- Increased invader & royal token rewards in RvR bags to 1 in blue, 1 in purple & 2 in gold. Same tome unlock requirements as before applies.
- Keep lords & Fort lords now only display self buffs or debuffs that you have casted on them. This significantly reduces the client lag when targeting them. *
- Applying and removing bolster no longer removes all your buffs, instead it will switch ability level of them. *
- The `.sorenable` and `.sordisable` commands can now enable/disable categories of State of Realm messages. A coming version of State of Realm will make use of this, so if you disable T1 in the addon, you won't even get those messages which improves performance a bit. *
- Auction House fees have been adjusted. On Live the fees were 20% of the vendor price of the item and this amount would be taken when the item was listed. On Return of Reckoning the UI would reflect the functionality on live, but would take out 10% of the buy it now price when the item is sold. The fees will now flucuate depending on the Rating of the City. The higher the rating the lower fees. Fees will now also be taken when listing an item instead of when it is sold and its based on the buy it now price you put. The fee structure is as follows:
- 1 * => 10%
- 2 * => 8%
- 3 * => 6%
- 4 * => 4%
- 5 * => 2%
This is subject to change.
- Results returned from searches has been tweaked to order by lowest price and then by most recently listed. Meaning you do not need to undercut someone to have your item sell first. Previously items were shown in order they were listed in the auction house. *
- On the Brink of Chaos: This Epic Quest has been fully corrected and reworked
Empire Chapter 16
- Rogue River: The whole quest line is now available and reworked
- Northern Advance: The whole quest line is now available and reworked
- Trail Gone Cold: This quest has been corrected and reworked
- Grauenburg's Goons: This quest line has been corrected and reworked
- Daemon's Gate: The whole quest line is once again available
- Evil Portents: You will now receive Greta's Skychart to deliver it to Leopold Rohric
- Don't Forget to Tip: This quest is now available from the Cow in Reikland
[Tome Of Knowledge]
- The Live Event page will no longer reset when you progress with a task.
- Tome unlocks for triggering critical hits implemented.
New Public Quest currencies have been added for each tier. PQs in higher chapters in each tier will award higher amounts of currency.
For these new currencies you can buy the Carnage, Havoc, Mayhem and Ruin sets. The vendors are located in the east war quarters in Altdorf and the Pavilion of Slaanesh in the Inevitable City. Same location as the previous Ruin gear vendors.
Blue Heal and AP pots for each tier is also available from the same vendors.
The currencies can also be used to buy lvl 200 containers and blue talisman fragments.
The old Ruin currency has been removed and can be traded in for the new tier 4 PQ currency.
[The Living Snot]
During Boss fights, you will see a new UI element; something we, in the office discord, lovingly refer to as the Win-o-Meter. A horizontal bar represents the total number of points possible in the current boss fight. Shields above and below this bar indicate your realms’ progress: the farther to the right the shield is, the greater number of points your realm has earned. At the end of a Win-o-Meter enabled fight, the side with the most points wins! Points are earned by killing enemy players, healing friendly players and by damaging the boss. 
- The amount of defenders in a fortress has been decreased from 80% of the number of attackers to 75% of the number of attackers.
- Allow queueing for scenarios when you are in a warband.
- Fixed quitter message when queueing up as group.
- The objectives in Mourkain Temple, Tor Anroc & Maw of Madness will no longer reset it you bring them close to the enemy warcamp, only if you bring them close to your own warcamp.
- Added loot notifications in various places when items and currency are added to your inventory.
-  Guild keep claim permission check fixed
-  Supply hand in at warcamp should now work even when keep ownerships are swapped.
* This went live in a hotfix.