Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 10/06/2020 - Happy Birthday

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Orontes

Re: Patch Notes 06/10/2020 - Happy Birthday

Post#171 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:00 am

Thank you for the work on the SW mastery and ability lines. I'm very interested to try the changes out.

One question: under the new changes, SWs can do corporeal, spirit and elemental damage split across three different abilities Is this intentional, or an oversight?

Ads
Averok

Post#172 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:04 am

We killed three times w/o enemies the last boss of event , in a wb and didn't get credit.
Only one person got it.
If is true how could you call this PQ if only one get credit , with a boss in a rvr zone , hope this is a bug.. and hope you fix it.

Tankbeardz

Post#173 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:52 am

BAD
•Scout spec lost the ability to cast a HD from a safe distance with the tactic nerf.
•Skirm spec range on the new flame arrow is also only 65 feet and hits like a cotton ball...even with the bypass resistances tactic in.
•Skirm spec lost the ability to cast a HD from a safe distance with the tactic nerf.
•Skirm spec lost mobility with RKD requiring you to stand still.
•The armor pen tactic doesn't seem to do a whole lot...I was hitting med-heavy armored targets for 79-250 with spiral + VON unless they were running Focused Offense.

GOOD-ISH
•RKD was moved to 5 points and is available in all stances...but see my comments about Skirm above.
•The tactic speed proc on stance swap is ok...but it's only 5 seconds and you lose a valuable tactic slot for it. I wouldn't use it on a regular basis. It feels like more of a buff for an ASW who is spamming Spiral then swapping back to Assault.
•Glass Arrow is nice but you also lose a finisher for a skirm build. Overall though, this was the best part of the patch by far.
•I guess with enough tactics you can sorta make more aoe in Skirm or something.
•Morale drain was added but then nerfed so...it is GOOD-ISH I guess.

FINAL THOUGHTS
•The nerf to the range tactic basically renders Scout super MEH again since you lack a reliable HD.
•The nerf to the range tactic makes Skirm MEH-ISH.
•I think we missed the goal of buffing RSW and ASW appears to do even more damage than it did before. I think most of this stuff would be ok but that last nerf to the range tactic really killed scout AND skirm. Thats just my 2 cents.

agemennon675

Post#174 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:34 am

Tankbeardz wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:52 am BAD
•Scout spec lost the ability to cast a HD from a safe distance with the tactic nerf.
•Skirm spec range on the new flame arrow is also only 65 feet and hits like a cotton ball...even with the bypass resistances tactic in.
•Skirm spec lost the ability to cast a HD from a safe distance with the tactic nerf.
•The armor pen tactic doesn't seem to do a whole lot...I was hitting med-heavy armored targets for 79-250 with spiral + VON unless they were running Focused Offense.

GOOD-ISH
•RKD was moved to 5 points and is available in all stances...but see my comments about Skirm above.
•The tactic speed proc on stance swap is ok...but it's only 5 seconds and you lose a valuable tactic slot for it. I wouldn't use it on a regular basis. It feels like more of a buff for an ASW who is spamming Spiral then swapping back to Assault.
•Glass Arrow is nice but you also lose a finisher for a skirm build. Overall though, this was the best part of the patch by far.

FINAL THOUGHTS
•The nerf to the range tactic basically renders Scout super MEH again since you lack a reliable HD.
•I think we missed the goal of buffing RSW and ASW appears to do even more damage than it did before. I think most of this stuff would be ok but that last nerf to the range tactic really killed scout AND skirm. Thats just my 2 cents.
I think if they dont give Shadow Sting, Takedown, Flame arrow 100ft range there is no point in playing range specs outside of maybe skirm aoe in city even than I think ASW would perform better being in a single target asist team since people said further dmg nerfs inc to the class(I personally didnt see this confirmed by anyone)
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Manatikik

Post#175 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:23 am

GOOD-ISH

FINAL THOUGHTS
All of this is accurate!

Not having 100 ft HD/Snare as baseline with this new direction is really silly (and imo the most obvious part that a non-sw made these changes).
<Montague><Capulet>

Azralon

Post#176 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:27 am

I agree; the net result is that ranged Shadow Warriors actually seem to have been nerfed by this. They've lost the ability to truly "skirmish" with run-and-gun tactics.

Previously, having decent range and plenty of things they could cast while on the move meant they could use their mobility and range to offset their inherent fragility. It was an actively dynamic style of gameplay. Now it seems to be just "stand there and hope nothing attacks you." That's not really engaging nor very survivable.

I appreciate the love attempted, at least.

Knowthyself
Game Artist

Post#177 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:49 am

GOOD-ISH

FINAL THOUGHTS
All of these are agreed. Being have to use your heal debuff, snare, and some of only a few insta cast abilities from 65ft just kills ranged experience. + Powerful Draw tactic is not functional atm.

I hope none of those except glass arrow change will be applied to SH :D
Come On
Newgit
Knowthyself

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#178 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:38 pm

Flame arrow was reported to not be scaling with Mastery as intended, which might explain some lack of power. It's not included in the resistance bypass.

Heal debuffs and ranged KD's are both powerful enough effects we considered leaving them both in skirmish range, and then both would have a max range of 65'. However we wanted a swap to get Flame Arrow into Skirmish to consolidate AOE, and those were the two specline candidates for a swap. Eye Shot seemed like it would compliment Scout better as part of a rotation and being able to potentially timestamp someone with the KD in the middle to prevent them from reacting at range. It also already had a cast time, which fits the Scout theme better than Shadow Sting (being instant cast).

The range nerf from changing Powerful Draw is what makes it an actual skirmish spec, and not a second Scout spec that's more mobile. Super unfortunate that was one of the things that didn't get implemented correctly in the first place. If we were to add range back to it, most of the skirmish changes would need to be reverted as well. That's the core trade-off for buffs that was made. It also really didn't fit what the word "Skirmish" tends to mean, getting into brief exchanges with the enemy and being able to retreat while inflicting damage. Mostly it cannibalized the Scout role, by being equally safe while having better tools and mobility. The inherent risk to Skirmish is that you are operating at close range and need to have your kiting skills honed to make the best of the powerful tools that are included in the spec.

We will continue to gather data and see how the class performs over the coming weeks.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Rumpel

Post#179 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:20 pm

Thx to We/Wh fix. Didn't recognised it but throwing dagger felt nearly kinda useless sometimes.
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler:

Tankbeardz

Post#180 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:48 am

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:38 pm Flame arrow was reported to not be scaling with Mastery as intended, which might explain some lack of power. It's not included in the resistance bypass.

Heal debuffs and ranged KD's are both powerful enough effects we considered leaving them both in skirmish range, and then both would have a max range of 65'. However we wanted a swap to get Flame Arrow into Skirmish to consolidate AOE, and those were the two specline candidates for a swap. Eye Shot seemed like it would compliment Scout better as part of a rotation and being able to potentially timestamp someone with the KD in the middle to prevent them from reacting at range. It also already had a cast time, which fits the Scout theme better than Shadow Sting (being instant cast).

The range nerf from changing Powerful Draw is what makes it an actual skirmish spec, and not a second Scout spec that's more mobile. Super unfortunate that was one of the things that didn't get implemented correctly in the first place. If we were to add range back to it, most of the skirmish changes would need to be reverted as well. That's the core trade-off for buffs that was made. It also really didn't fit what the word "Skirmish" tends to mean, getting into brief exchanges with the enemy and being able to retreat while inflicting damage. Mostly it cannibalized the Scout role, by being equally safe while having better tools and mobility. The inherent risk to Skirmish is that you are operating at close range and need to have your kiting skills honed to make the best of the powerful tools that are included in the spec.

We will continue to gather data and see how the class performs over the coming weeks.
I appreciate the effort. Unfortunately, for me, the changes have too many drawbacks to be viable in my book. I will stay away from SW at the moment.