Patch Notes 01/07/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Vayra

Re: Patch Notes 01/07/2020

Post#131 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:52 am

Tillbeast wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:27 am Unfortunately both sides complain about each others classes. I have only been around this year and it looks like order classes were originally too strong and have received fix's/nerfs over the years which order players understandably dont like whilst only a few destro classes have received outright fix's/nerfs. Destro classes seem to have a bit more utility than orders whereas order just have outright dps but the kind of cancel each other out....apart from the elephant in the room, or should I say cat? Across the mirrors although order usually win it is not by a huge margin apart from the wl/mar mirror which the wl wins hands down, I have not seen a marauder kill anything as quick as a wl, most of the time the poor git has died before they recovered from the knock down. The only fix I see is too mirror the two classes completely, give marauder a pet or remove pet from wl and give them the marauder class mechanic and just 100% mirror them ability wise...they can then at least cancel each other out.
The thing with Mara/WL is that they're not direct mirrors. Mara/WL are ability mirrors. They have mostly mirrored abilities. The WL and Squig Herder are mechanic mirrors (pet). And the Mara and SW are mechanic mirrors (stances).
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Ads
Tillbeast

Post#132 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:00 pm

Vayra wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:52 am
Tillbeast wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:27 am Unfortunately both sides complain about each others classes. I have only been around this year and it looks like order classes were originally too strong and have received fix's/nerfs over the years which order players understandably dont like whilst only a few destro classes have received outright fix's/nerfs. Destro classes seem to have a bit more utility than orders whereas order just have outright dps but the kind of cancel each other out....apart from the elephant in the room, or should I say cat? Across the mirrors although order usually win it is not by a huge margin apart from the wl/mar mirror which the wl wins hands down, I have not seen a marauder kill anything as quick as a wl, most of the time the poor git has died before they recovered from the knock down. The only fix I see is too mirror the two classes completely, give marauder a pet or remove pet from wl and give them the marauder class mechanic and just 100% mirror them ability wise...they can then at least cancel each other out.
The thing with Mara/WL is that they're not direct mirrors. Mara/WL are ability mirrors. They have mostly mirrored abilities. The WL and Squig Herder are mechanic mirrors (pet). And the Mara and SW are mechanic mirrors (stances).
Aye, completely forgot that duh!!! No wonder the white lion is so difficult to balance. Just make it lose the ability to kill so quickly, no class should be able to kill whatever it has cc'd all by itself without assistance before cc has ended.

M0rw47h

Post#133 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:15 pm

Tillbeast wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:00 pm
Aye, completely forgot that duh!!! No wonder the white lion is so difficult to balance. Just make it lose the ability to kill so quickly, no class should be able to kill whatever it has cc'd all by itself without assistance before cc has ended.
Perhaps, just perhaps. It's balanced around person being guarded and healed?
ST WL is what in fact WH/WE should be.

desizt

Post#134 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:40 am

Manatikik wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:33 pm
Zxul wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:26 pm
agemennon675 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:04 pm Well I never said anything about matchmaker but if those classes; SW's WH's Engis etc. would be as strong as their mirror classes that wouldnt be the case as you can also see in city siege, balance is the main problem if you ask me
ASW compared to msh speaking aoe you might have the case, however order has wl. But how exactly WH and engies are weaker than WEs and maguses?
Well for AoE they're all even footing with WH > WE due to the way bullets work (just for AoE HD and Wit gives you potential armor debuff).

BUT if we're talking about ST then Magus > Engi due to 75% vs 40% mitigation and the way negative resists scales. WE > WH due to a myriad of things: Taste of Blood alone gives you 15% more damage, the nature of Kisses > Bullets mean they proc more often and do more damage, Witch Brew gives them overall more damage than a normal Execute, and, again, the way resist scaling works means that Kisses and WB do even more increased damage; WE has the highest ST damage in the game.
Who the **** runs Witchbrew in 2020 lol
Nonoffensive - WE
Faceburn - BW
+ tons of misc alts

~ First rr100 WE on live.
~ First WE with 1+ million RvR kills on live.

Download RoR Client directly via Google Drive(updated 04 Oct 2020)

Manatikik

Post#135 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:58 am

desizt wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:40 am
Zxul wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:26 pm

ASW compared to msh speaking aoe you might have the case, however order has wl. But how exactly WH and engies are weaker than WEs and maguses?
Well for AoE they're all even footing with WH > WE due to the way bullets work (just for AoE HD and Wit gives you potential armor debuff).

BUT if we're talking about ST then Magus > Engi due to 75% vs 40% mitigation and the way negative resists scales. WE > WH due to a myriad of things: Taste of Blood alone gives you 15% more damage, the nature of Kisses > Bullets mean they proc more often and do more damage, Witch Brew gives them overall more damage than a normal Execute, and, again, the way resist scaling works means that Kisses and WB do even more increased damage; WE has the highest ST damage in the game.

All the non-**** WE. Look for good players if you need advice getting better at the game!
<Montague><Capulet>

desizt

Post#136 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:34 am

Manatikik wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:58 am
desizt wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:40 am

All the non-**** WE. Look for good players if you need advice getting better at the game!
Except 100+ parses with every possible spec proves that Sac stab and mom build is way superior to WB in endgame gear ;)

Why are you always talking **** you have no clue about Mana? Obnoxious af
Nonoffensive - WE
Faceburn - BW
+ tons of misc alts

~ First rr100 WE on live.
~ First WE with 1+ million RvR kills on live.

Download RoR Client directly via Google Drive(updated 04 Oct 2020)

sioding
Game Master

Post#137 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:48 am

...and another patchnote thread derails to an ability compare nonsense. Stick to the topic
OCRANA ...deal with it!
Jolinor
Siolor

sioding[at]returnofreckoning.com