Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 01/07/2020

Moderators: Developer, Web Developer, Language Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
User avatar
Kwatchi
Suspended
Posts: 118

Re: Patch Notes 01/07/2020

Post#41 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:32 pm

Vayra wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:35 pm
SH isn't a melee dps, it's a range dps that has a melee spec. And like they said, SH is next up for changes, if it's too strong it'll get addressed then.
Sure. The "overpowered" WL has its skill nerfed while the "underpowered" melee Squig herder skill was left alone. Nearly the same skill ofc except for:

-Big Claw cost 5 less AP.
-Big Claw output more damage.
-Cleave Limb snare lasted 1 sec more.

So Order now continues to be under a 100% up time snare while Destro no longer have to worry about such things.

BUT Cleave Limb needed a nerf to bring it in line with other melee dps while Big Claw didn't 'cuz... there was a morale nerf recently. The logical fallacies in here today are astounding.


JUST. ADMIT. THE. BIAS. EXISTS.

We won't whine about it. We just want the truth so we can make decisions on whether this project is still worth it.
Slayer - 40/7x
Archmage - 40/7x

Ads
User avatar
M0rw47h
Posts: 494

Re: Patch Notes 01/07/2020

Post#42 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:34 pm

Kwatchi wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:32 pm
JUST. ADMIT. THE. BIAS. EXISTS.
Do you mean KotBS "aoe" 10s snare with 5s CD?
Anathae [KotBS] / Anathea [WP] ( and couple others )
former Anathae [Zealot]

jvlosky
Posts: 157

Re: Patch Notes 01/07/2020

Post#43 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:36 pm

Sundowner wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:04 pm
Why 9 sec snare with 5 sec cooldown of squig was not nerfed also?
We all know why.

jvlosky
Posts: 157

Re: Patch Notes 01/07/2020

Post#44 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:38 pm

Kwatchi wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:32 pm
Vayra wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:35 pm
SH isn't a melee dps, it's a range dps that has a melee spec. And like they said, SH is next up for changes, if it's too strong it'll get addressed then.
Sure. The "overpowered" WL has its skill nerfed while the "underpowered" melee Squig herder skill was left alone. Nearly the same skill ofc except for:

-Big Claw cost 5 less AP.
-Big Claw output more damage.
-Cleave Limb snare lasted 1 sec more.

So Order now continues to be under a 100% up time snare while Destro no longer have to worry about such things.

BUT Cleave Limb needed a nerf to bring it in line with other melee dps while Big Claw didn't 'cuz... there was a morale nerf recently. The logical fallacies in here today are astounding.


JUST. ADMIT. THE. BIAS. EXISTS.

We won't whine about it. We just want the truth so we can make decisions on whether this project is still worth it.
Hey man the whole point of the game is for Order to be the hard difficulty slider and Destro to be the Easy difficulty slider. It is the only MMO with a difficulty slider! Super cool!

Illuminati
Posts: 172

Re: Patch Notes 01/07/2020

Post#45 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:38 pm

Good notes. Glad to see incremental adjustments versus sweeping ones. Hope to see/test the morale/healing debuff next steps. Combat favors pure numbers at this point instead of allowing a coordinated few to beat an uncoordinated many.

Thank you
————————————————
Destro: Killamanjaro (80+ Choppa) / Killamanjaroo (70+ DoK) / Unsworn (70+ Chosen) / Illuminatii (60+ Blackguard) / Killaman (80+ Squig)
Order: ?

Bugs reported: 6

agemennon675
Posts: 135

Re: Patch Notes 01/07/2020

Post#46 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:39 pm

jvlosky wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:38 pm
Kwatchi wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:32 pm
Vayra wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:35 pm
SH isn't a melee dps, it's a range dps that has a melee spec. And like they said, SH is next up for changes, if it's too strong it'll get addressed then.
Sure. The "overpowered" WL has its skill nerfed while the "underpowered" melee Squig herder skill was left alone. Nearly the same skill ofc except for:

-Big Claw cost 5 less AP.
-Big Claw output more damage.
-Cleave Limb snare lasted 1 sec more.

So Order now continues to be under a 100% up time snare while Destro no longer have to worry about such things.

BUT Cleave Limb needed a nerf to bring it in line with other melee dps while Big Claw didn't 'cuz... there was a morale nerf recently. The logical fallacies in here today are astounding.


JUST. ADMIT. THE. BIAS. EXISTS.

We won't whine about it. We just want the truth so we can make decisions on whether this project is still worth it.
Hey man the whole point of the game is for Order to be the hard difficulty slider and Destro to be the Easy difficulty slider. It is the only MMO with a difficulty slider! Super cool!
I played both sides, this is definetly the case, playing Destro is much easier on every aspect, you never get a full ranged dps scenarios on destro its common on order tho

User avatar
Detangler
Posts: 397

Re: Patch Notes 01/07/2020

Post#47 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:01 pm

agemennon675 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:39 pm
Spoiler:
jvlosky wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:38 pm
Kwatchi wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:32 pm

Sure. The "overpowered" WL has its skill nerfed while the "underpowered" melee Squig herder skill was left alone. Nearly the same skill ofc except for:

-Big Claw cost 5 less AP.
-Big Claw output more damage.
-Cleave Limb snare lasted 1 sec more.

So Order now continues to be under a 100% up time snare while Destro no longer have to worry about such things.

BUT Cleave Limb needed a nerf to bring it in line with other melee dps while Big Claw didn't 'cuz... there was a morale nerf recently. The logical fallacies in here today are astounding.


JUST. ADMIT. THE. BIAS. EXISTS.

We won't whine about it. We just want the truth so we can make decisions on whether this project is still worth it.
Hey man the whole point of the game is for Order to be the hard difficulty slider and Destro to be the Easy difficulty slider. It is the only MMO with a difficulty slider! Super cool!
I played both sides, this is definetly the case, playing Destro is much easier on every aspect, you never get a full ranged dps scenarios on destro its common on order tho
Thats not the fault of balance or matchmaker, thats too many players choosing to all roll Engies and BWs because its easier to sit back and pew pew rather than find a guard. Which leads to...

Something else Order players don't seem to enjoy playing - tanks. Why? I don't know. SM is the only 2h that can still get a HtL-like defense channel when they get focused, and can pour on the damage when not focused. Knight is a % heal buffing, punting, defensive machine. Which leads to...

Too many RDPS and too few tanks leads to too many imbalanced WBs queuing for city scenarios. Considering how many times i get thrown into a 12 dps Order city fight, is it any coincidence that Destro wins more city fights on average?

PS - I agree, mSH snare prob should be in line with others. Tanks should get the long snare, short CD - dps get the short snare, long CD.

Maybe rather than claiming the devs are all "Destro Biased" (hahaha ok), that they want nothing more than to have all destro classes buffed (is that delusion or memory issues with past patches?),and threatening to quit (bye!) over the most mobile class with ridiculous numbers of gap closers (pounce, pet pull, pet super speed and snare, charge, sprint, range m1 root - am i missing some??) losing a tiny bit of snare duration on a couple of abilities, go put a well reasoned suggestion on the forum somewhere. Just a thought.
Last edited by Detangler on Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Detangler - 40 DoK armor talisman farmer
Deetangler - 40/82 Chosen tankbot/murdermachine
Deeetangler - 40/6x Zealot healbot/talisman factory
Detanglerr - 40/xx Witch Elf boredom killer
Deetsquiggy - 40/x Squig butcherbot
Tanglers - baby Swordmaster

agemennon675
Posts: 135

Re: Patch Notes 01/07/2020

Post#48 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:04 pm

Detangler wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:01 pm
agemennon675 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:39 pm
Spoiler:
jvlosky wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:38 pm


Hey man the whole point of the game is for Order to be the hard difficulty slider and Destro to be the Easy difficulty slider. It is the only MMO with a difficulty slider! Super cool!
I played both sides, this is definetly the case, playing Destro is much easier on every aspect, you never get a full ranged dps scenarios on destro its common on order tho
Thats not the fault of balance or matchmaker, thats too many players choosing to all roll Engies and BWs.
Well I never said anything about matchmaker but if those classes; SW's WH's Engis etc. would be as strong as their mirror classes that wouldnt be the case as you can also see in city siege, balance is the main problem if you ask me
Last edited by agemennon675 on Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Knowthyself
Posts: 83

Re: Patch Notes 01/07/2020

Post#49 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:05 pm

Good changes. Now it is time for some people to leave easy mode behind and try normal mode. Having melee classes with 65ft moral 1 root breakable only with M2 is not logical to start with for both WL and Mara. Having its range decreased is a good move in terms of balancing. Snare changes are also good and would improve the quality of the fights imo since people won't be perma snared during the all fight anymore. As an experienced MSH player I wouldn't mind getting Big Claw changesd the same way. Really happy to see some constructive changes that also gives an ear to some of the common complaints. Thanks for all your efforts.
Come On
Newgit
Knowthyself

User avatar
Valarion
Posts: 255

Re: Patch Notes 01/07/2020

Post#50 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:17 pm

Knowthyself wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:05 pm
Having melee classes with 65ft moral 1 root breakable only with M2 is not logical to start with for both WL and Mara.

The nearly unbreakable M1 RANGED root on a MELEE class has always been my least favorite part of this game (playing both Order and Destro sides too). Mythic must have been snorting crack when they implemented this.
Image
40s: WP/Dok AM/Shaman RP/Zeal Knight/Chosen SM/BO BW/Sorc WL & Eng

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests