Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
repel
Game Artist

Re: Patch Notes 08/07/2020

Post#41 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:54 pm

Sarnai wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:50 pm
StrongUn wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:37 pm
Sarnai wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:24 pm Haha so when WH's nuked people on live that's not acceptable here, but because riposte had an ICD on live it should have one here? Logic!
If you need riposte to kill someone, you have a problem then...
Of course not champ. But when you spend your entire time leveling and creating a build, getting gear, talis, and forming a playstyle and then an integral part of that is nerfed because 'that's how it was on live' (especially since alllll the time I hear 'this isn't live') it can be a little frustrating.

It was a pretty crucial part of farming PQs and mats as a WH too.

Just seems certain classes are getting hit a lot harder than others by 'bug fixes', and none of these classes were overperforming.
lol its not a nerf it s a fix... sorry for that you cant abuse it anymore plak plak
Apache SH

Ads
Sarnai

Post#42 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:01 pm

repel wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:54 pm
Sarnai wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:50 pm
StrongUn wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:37 pm

If you need riposte to kill someone, you have a problem then...
Of course not champ. But when you spend your entire time leveling and creating a build, getting gear, talis, and forming a playstyle and then an integral part of that is nerfed because 'that's how it was on live' (especially since alllll the time I hear 'this isn't live') it can be a little frustrating.

It was a pretty crucial part of farming PQs and mats as a WH too.

Just seems certain classes are getting hit a lot harder than others by 'bug fixes', and none of these classes were overperforming.
lol its not a nerf it s a fix... sorry for that you cant abuse it anymore plak plak
Listen chief, the bug tracker on it was opened 3 YEARS ago. It was known it didn't have an ICD for a long time and it generated far less bitching than certain other abilities around here. So either someone got mad the light armored dps poked them too many times (QQ my heart weeps truly) or that slayer/choppa riposte scaling with rage started whacking people out of the park with gear increases over those past 3 years. Nobody was 'abusing' anything.
WH looking for gunbad left

Acidic

Post#43 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:07 pm

Natherul wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:08 pm all asking for the appearance of the CE heads, look at armory.

https://www.returnofreckoning.com/armory

I added screenshots of them all when I made them work.

Atropik

Post#44 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:20 pm

rodomeier wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:51 pm As a WH 56 I was literally telling earlier to a mate in discord "wow, I feel riposte build is right now the only viable choice for me to get some survability either in sc or solo roaming" since Im full conq and dont have enough renown points to spec fs and parry sucks atm

Oh sweet irony
Riposte itself does not improve survivability. Lowlvl WEs manage to survive without riposte build, do the same.
Nicelook | Obey

rodomeier

Post#45 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:32 pm

Atropik wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:20 pm
rodomeier wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:51 pm As a WH 56 I was literally telling earlier to a mate in discord "wow, I feel riposte build is right now the only viable choice for me to get some survability either in sc or solo roaming" since Im full conq and dont have enough renown points to spec fs and parry sucks atm

Oh sweet irony
Riposte itself does not improve survivability. Lowlvl WEs manage to survive without riposte build, do the same.
I get your point, but Im talking about building around riposte tactic so you focus on parry mostly with Righteous Steel + Riposte + Repel Blasphemy + Confusing Movements. With this set, at my current level and equip, you can still deal some propper damage while being more defensive and not becoming useless.

Do you get mine?

Trolllin - BW
Opivm - SW
Hoddor - Hoddor
Capptain - WH
Axeformen - Potato Slayer

twitch.tv/BebopSamvrai

Ulderek

Post#46 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:52 pm

Been missing my CE head since live! Glad to see em back, guess I gotta get that RR now 8}
Grob Uzkul DEFF AN'DESTRUKSHUN OI OI OI

satanicomoderno

Post#47 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:33 pm

RIposte nerfed but nothing about Get to the Chop. Rolling a choppa to play easy mode. I'm tired of having to press so many buttions while choppa just need one.

Atropik

Post#48 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:37 pm

rodomeier wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:32 pm I get your point, but Im talking about building around riposte tactic so you focus on parry mostly with Righteous Steel + Riposte + Repel Blasphemy + Confusing Movements. With this set, at my current level and equip, you can still deal some propper damage while being more defensive and not becoming useless.

Do you get mine?
WH can still do the same, its all good, but now riposte will not trigger multiple times every second, so you wont be able to actually kill all those brainless unhealed puggers who were stupid enough to hit you untill they die, not a great loss to be honest.
Nicelook | Obey

Ads
jonspidy

Post#49 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:15 pm

dalen wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:59 pm
M0rw47h wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:39 pm
Harrwin wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:34 pm Seems alot of ppl with severe lack of gameknowledge like to complain, so lets clear things abit: Riposte is a general tactic available to melee dps across both factions, none targeted your WH specially for a nerf.
Yet, WHs are those who run it to have little edge against other mdps while ganking and some extra dmg in WB setting against melee trains.
Yet, WHs are struggling the most, falling behind aSW and WL in ganking and screaming "they took our job!".

Lets face it, any "bugfix" that makes WH weaker is bad. Nearly as bad as nerfing healdebuff on dps Z / RP.
Riposte build still works and will do reflective damage once per second. Just not multiple hits in same timestamp.

We prefer doing balancing by actual balancing of abilities though, and not by leaving bugs in the game because certain classes benefited from them.
Your last statement is false. If it were true GTTC would have been looked at and fixed a long time ago. Another nerf to Order.. thats nerf number what? i've lost count at this point
Vanhel - Knight Of the Blazing Sun
"The hammer is not the answer to every military problem, for even the mightiest of hammers will miss its mark if the opponent is wise enough not to wait around to get crushed."

StrongUn

Post#50 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:07 pm

satanicomoderno wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:33 pm RIposte nerfed but nothing about Get to the Chop. Rolling a choppa to play easy mode. I'm tired of having to press so many buttions while choppa just need one.
Welcome to destro, mate!
Bienvenido al lado oscuro!

:lol: