Patch Notes 08/07/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Natherul
Former Staff

Re: Patch Notes 08/07/2020

Post#31 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:11 pm

Grock wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:11 pm
Natherul wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:08 pm all asking for the appearance of the CE heads, look at armory.

https://www.returnofreckoning.com/armory

I added screenshots of them all when I made them work.
And how do you find them in armory?
Go to the armory, enter item name (same as in patch notes)

Ads
M0rw47h

Post#32 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:13 pm

dalen wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:59 pm
M0rw47h wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:39 pm
Harrwin wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:34 pm Seems alot of ppl with severe lack of gameknowledge like to complain, so lets clear things abit: Riposte is a general tactic available to melee dps across both factions, none targeted your WH specially for a nerf.
Yet, WHs are those who run it to have little edge against other mdps while ganking and some extra dmg in WB setting against melee trains.
Yet, WHs are struggling the most, falling behind aSW and WL in ganking and screaming "they took our job!".

Lets face it, any "bugfix" that makes WH weaker is bad. Nearly as bad as nerfing healdebuff on dps Z / RP.
Riposte build still works and will do reflective damage once per second. Just not multiple hits in same timestamp.

We prefer doing balancing by actual balancing of abilities though, and not by leaving bugs in the game because certain classes benefited from them.
I appreciate weekly updates, and fact that you've found time to respond to me.
However, I still think doing another bugfix reducing performance of the least wanted mDPS in the game without any extra balancing is just wrong. Previous bugfix killed any AoE damage WH had. It feels like "fix" to AoE healdebuff in case of dps Zealot and RP, no positives just negatives. Imho, you guys always should think about bigger picture and push some bugfixes with other changes, when they won't cause negative impact...

Melkoroth

Post#33 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:17 pm

Harrwin wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:34 pm Seems alot of ppl with severe lack of gameknowledge like to complain, so lets clear things abit: Riposte is a general tactic available to melee dps across both factions, none targeted your WH specially for a nerf.
Yet, WHs are those who run it to have little edge against other mdps while ganking and some extra dmg in WB setting against melee trains.
Yet, WHs are struggling the most, falling behind aSW and WL in ganking and screaming "they took our job!".

Lets face it, any "bugfix" that makes WH weaker is bad. Nearly as bad as nerfing healdebuff on dps Z / RP.
Riposte build still works and will do reflective damage once per second. Just not multiple hits in same timestamp.

We prefer doing balancing by actual balancing of abilities though, and not by leaving bugs in the game because certain classes benefited from them.
Oh so this one is a "bugfix" the same way you "fixed" Sweeping Razor. I see. Then thanks for fixing bugs.
Can we now fix the WH abilities stating "pistol shot" with 5ft range such as Burn Away Lies or Burn, Heretic?

You do have to realise that with WH's it's not a "benefitted from them" thing, it's a "made them more or less viable".
Ettenhard Abarca - Witch Hunter

kryss

Post#34 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:19 pm

alright for me Dalen: what bugs me though, is that all these "bug fixes" happen without putting much thinking about the consequences on roles/metas/state of the classes. See the sweeping razor nerf when cities came out and WHs were used to AoE morale draining with vitriolic tactic. I don't care about riposte much, I'm almost happy since I don't even use it anymore (and it **** up some good "parry 1vs1 choppas" too), it's just the way of processing fixes and stuff that worries me

StrongUn

Post#35 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:36 pm

Xarko wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:23 pmlol WH nerf
:lol:

StrongUn

Post#36 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:37 pm

Sarnai wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:24 pm Haha so when WH's nuked people on live that's not acceptable here, but because riposte had an ICD on live it should have one here? Logic!

rodomeier wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:51 pm As a WH 56 I was literally telling earlier to a mate in discord "wow, I feel riposte build is right now the only viable choice for me to get some survability either in sc or solo roaming" since Im full conq and dont have enough renown points to spec fs and parry sucks atm

Oh sweet irony

If you need riposte to kill someone, you have a problem then...
Last edited by StrongUn on Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StrongUn

Post#37 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:40 pm

Noslock wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:40 pm
StrongUn wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:57 pm
ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:34 am
[Items]

Various special appearance items are now available for RR85+ players that were previously available with the collectors edition of warhammer online or through marketing events.

They can be bought at the Very Special Dye merchant for 50 gold. To apply the appearance, slot them into the reward item slot at a dye vendor.

- Empire - True Believers: Those with true faith in Sigmar have nothing to fear. Those who would cringe are false followers and must be routed out. Wear the face of the true believer and let your chilling gaze reveal the cowards for the traitors they are.
- High Elves - Tears of Isha: Let those who have found a measure of peace in this world walk through it in harmony, blind to the fear that consumes the rest of us.
- Greenskins - Shiny New 'Ead: Da boss wants you to know dat he don't like your face. If you don't want his ladz to come put a choppa in your 'ead, den you might want to fink about fixin' your gob or gettin' a brainbox wot got some proppa gubbinz.
- Chaos - Raven's Sight: If you would truly dedicate your life to the design of the Raven God, then you must see as he sees. No longer will your mortal sight cloud your vision of his divine motives.
- Dark Elves - The Bloody Hand: Scars and tattoos are gifts of honor, but no mark commands respect like the bloody hand, the mark awarded by the God of Murder himself.
- Dwarfs - Never Be Without: Ye never know when ye might need a quick nip o' bitter t' keep yer senses sharp and hands steady. Try these kegs built special t' keep ye battle ready. Hide them in yer beard or tie them in yer locks so ye'll never be without yer ale.
- Dwarf males - White Dwarfs Beard: If ya ever see a Dwarf whose beard has gone as white as a snowy peak, then that's who ye better be fightin' next to. Any Dwarf who's seen enough to whiten his beard is a Dwarf that can teach ye about stayin' alive.
- Slayers - Snorri Spikes: Brightly orange painted gromril spikes, said to be the same spikes that were driven into the skull of the famous Slayer Snorri Nosebiter!
- Choppas - Chompin Teefz: Da best teef! CHOMP!

Screens please :D

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:34 am [Abilities]

[9762] Ripose now has a 1s internal cooldown.

Rip barracudas :lol:

orc one

WOW just wow!

Looks so badass !

repel
Game Artist

Post#38 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:45 pm

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:34 am
[9762] Ripose now has a 1s internal cooldown.
gj

fix Sever Blessing next time? (on live it cleansed Blessing even parried/blocked)
Apache SH

Ads
Sarnai

Post#39 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:50 pm

StrongUn wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:37 pm
Sarnai wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:24 pm Haha so when WH's nuked people on live that's not acceptable here, but because riposte had an ICD on live it should have one here? Logic!
Of course not champ. But when you spend your entire time leveling and creating a build, getting gear, talis, and forming a playstyle and then an integral part of that is nerfed because 'that's how it was on live' (especially since alllll the time I hear 'this isn't live') it can be a little frustrating.

It was a pretty crucial part of farming PQs and mats as a WH too.

Just seems certain classes are getting hit a lot harder than others by 'bug fixes', and none of these classes were overperforming.
WH looking for gunbad left

rodomeier

Post#40 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:53 pm

Sarnai wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:50 pm
Spoiler:
StrongUn wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:37 pm
Of course not champ. But when you spend your entire time leveling and creating a build, getting gear, talis, and forming a playstyle and then an integral part of that is nerfed because 'that's how it was on live' (especially since alllll the time I hear 'this isn't live') it can be a little frustrating.

It was a pretty crucial part of farming PQs and mats as a WH too.

Just seems certain classes are getting hit a lot harder than others by 'bug fixes', and none of these classes were overperforming.

You might want to change your signature to "WH looking for viability some day"

Trolllin - BW
Opivm - SW
Hoddor - Hoddor
Capptain - WH
Axeformen - Potato Slayer

twitch.tv/BebopSamvrai