Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 08/07/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
vanbuinen77

Re: Patch Notes 08/07/2020

Post#51 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:08 pm

Remove their 7 sec 100% disrupt ability and we can call it a day.
Malificatium-Magus
Malificatiiium-Chosen
Malificatiium-Shaman

Ads
Foofmonger

Post#52 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:26 pm

Riposte specs sucked anyway, trading dps on healers/rdps for "maybe" damage against mdps and tanks who are attacking you is not the best strategy unless you are solo roaming or doing small scale ****. Slightly impacts 6v6 ranked, but not much.

Plus. its not even a nerf, its a bug fix. Just cause people got addicted to the bug doesn't stop making it a bug and turn it into a feature.

If anything this bug fix should help people spec properly, likely boosting the performance of people who were previously using riposte in inappropriate situations (so everything besides solo roaming).

kirraha

Post#53 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:41 pm

repel wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:54 pm
Sarnai wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:50 pm
StrongUn wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:37 pm

If you need riposte to kill someone, you have a problem then...
Of course not champ. But when you spend your entire time leveling and creating a build, getting gear, talis, and forming a playstyle and then an integral part of that is nerfed because 'that's how it was on live' (especially since alllll the time I hear 'this isn't live') it can be a little frustrating.

It was a pretty crucial part of farming PQs and mats as a WH too.

Just seems certain classes are getting hit a lot harder than others by 'bug fixes', and none of these classes were overperforming.
lol its not a nerf it s a fix... sorry for that you cant abuse it anymore plak plak

First time it happened to you? Welcome to the club :)its just how it is. Just adjust to it

jonnytovey

Post#54 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:58 pm

Thanks for adding cosmetic incentives to continue RR grind!

Beara

Post#55 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:04 pm

So is the internal cooldown on the Riposte itself, or is it on each of the attackers individually?
Beara; Annarexia; Bellemia; Beawaaghh; Nightengale
Araeb; Beamz; Blockityblock

I'll be a douche at some point, but I'll be right about it.

Brickson

Post#56 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:10 pm

Nothing is ever labeled as a nerf in patch notes. It's either a bug fix or an adjustment to some abilities. But you can't deny the fact that the result of the bug fix is a nerf for the classes using the tactic.
Of course I'm fine with fixing bugs in general. And for the most part I've only used riposte against choppas and WE while solo roaming with my WH for a while now. Sometimes not even in that situation.
But it's just very frustrating that every change that directly effects the WH is somehow crippling them even more. While all the posted suggestions to help the class out get a "not bad, but adjusting the WH is not on our list. The class mechanic is working" at the very best :(
Bricksana 8X SM, Bricksona 8X WH, Bricksone 7X Engi, Bricksorno 6X RP, Bricksonor 4X SW

Sarnai

Post#57 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:14 pm

Foofmonger wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:26 pm Riposte specs sucked anyway, trading dps on healers/rdps for "maybe" damage against mdps and tanks who are attacking you is not the best strategy unless you are solo roaming or doing small scale ****. Slightly impacts 6v6 ranked, but not much.

Plus. its not even a nerf, its a bug fix. Just cause people got addicted to the bug doesn't stop making it a bug and turn it into a feature.

If anything this bug fix should help people spec properly, likely boosting the performance of people who were previously using riposte in inappropriate situations (so everything besides solo roaming).
Shoe-horning people into the meta isn't the way to go. Speccing soley to fight mdps shouldn't be a bad thing or forced out of the game just because I 'should' be speccing to kill casters (which, let's be honest, WL does far better anyway but this isn't the thread for the can of worms.)

Didn't know 'not the same as live' = bug. Because that's the only reasons I'm seeing so far for the 'fix.'

Riposte spec and hunting down dps was fun because the fights were long (against good opponents) and you had to use your whole toolbox. Getting to 77% parry sacrificed a lot of things like crit and damage, but it was still fun and viable because riposte kept up the sustain while using the cc and relic abilities the WH has. Was it useless against casters? Sure, but I just didn't fight them so it didn't matter. This is just funneling WH's into nothing but the crit-nuke spec. Kinda like how dps zeals/RPs feel like they're getting shoved into healer roles.

Ultimately, it's not the end of the world and I just have to scratch my brain for a different off-spec for WH that isn't just 'pop-kd-nuke-pray'. Just sad I have to retire Sarnai earlier than I intended.
WH looking for gunbad left

StrongUn

Post#58 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:26 pm

pop-kd-nuke-pray + 12 secs of 100% parry + riposte, oh WTF, still alive??? Declaring Anathema... :shock:

Ads
M0rw47h

Post#59 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:49 pm

StrongUn wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:26 pm pop-kd-nuke-pray + 12 secs of 100% parry + riposte, oh WTF, still alive??? Declaring Anathema... :shock:
If you open with DG to kd and to give yourself morales for M1, then your DA will meet stagger immunity.

Foofmonger

Post#60 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:37 pm

Sarnai wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:14 pm
Foofmonger wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:26 pm Riposte specs sucked anyway, trading dps on healers/rdps for "maybe" damage against mdps and tanks who are attacking you is not the best strategy unless you are solo roaming or doing small scale ****. Slightly impacts 6v6 ranked, but not much.

Shoe-horning people into the meta isn't the way to go. Speccing soley to fight mdps shouldn't be a bad thing or forced out of the game just because I 'should' be speccing to kill casters (which, let's be honest, WL does far better anyway but this isn't the thread for the can of worms.)

Didn't know 'not the same as live' = bug. Because that's the only reasons I'm seeing so far for the 'fix.'

Riposte spec and hunting down dps was fun because the fights were long (against good opponents) and you had to use your whole toolbox. Getting to 77% parry sacrificed a lot of things like crit and damage, but it was still fun and viable because riposte kept up the sustain while using the cc and relic abilities the WH has. Was it useless against casters? Sure, but I just didn't fight them so it didn't matter. This is just funneling WH's into nothing but the crit-nuke spec. Kinda like how dps zeals/RPs feel like they're getting shoved into healer roles.

Ultimately, it's not the end of the world and I just have to scratch my brain for a different off-spec for WH that isn't just 'pop-kd-nuke-pray'. Just sad I have to retire Sarnai earlier than I intended.
The build and spec still works, it's just not completely bugged anymore. A 1 sec ICD will still proc a ton, pretty much every 1 second. Just because now you can't get idiots channeling abilities against you and 100-0ing themselves on riposte doesn't mean that the "spec is dead". It's also again, not a good spec, and although your ability to solo roam-troll mdps will be slightly diminished, you will still be able to do so.

Always so doom and gloom on these forums.