Patch Notes 15/07/2020

Moderators: Developer, Web Developer, Language Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Thorelson
Posts: 11

Re: Patch Notes 15/07/2020

Post#111 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:15 am

Brickson wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:45 am
I think class balance would be less of a problem if cities weren't such an important part of getting your end game gear. If soloing, smallscale, scenarios (normal and ranked), large scale rvr, forts and cities all would allow you to aquire all your gear in a comparable and reasonable time, you could just play the way you like and what fits the current state of your class best.
Sure, there still would be disparities between classes, because some will still be viable in more situations. But at least no one would be locked out of having a reasonable progress.

What a world this would be xD

Ads
Sulorie
Posts: 4859

Re: Patch Notes 15/07/2020

Post#112 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:33 am

Brickson wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:45 am
I think class balance would be less of a problem if cities weren't such an important part of getting your end game gear. If soloing, smallscale, scenarios (normal and ranked), large scale rvr, forts and cities all would allow you to aquire all your gear in a comparable and reasonable time, you could just play the way you like and what fits the current state of your class best.
Sure, there still would be disparities between classes, because some will still be viable in more situations. But at least no one would be locked out of having a reasonable progress.
But you can do so, there are cities with 12+ players per side, that's no warband size fight.
Dying is no option.

User avatar
saupreusse
Former Staff
Posts: 2089

Re: Patch Notes 15/07/2020

Post#113 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:43 am

Sulorie wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:33 am
Brickson wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:45 am
I think class balance would be less of a problem if cities weren't such an important part of getting your end game gear. If soloing, smallscale, scenarios (normal and ranked), large scale rvr, forts and cities all would allow you to aquire all your gear in a comparable and reasonable time, you could just play the way you like and what fits the current state of your class best.
Sure, there still would be disparities between classes, because some will still be viable in more situations. But at least no one would be locked out of having a reasonable progress.
But you can do so, there are cities with 12+ players per side, that's no warband size fight.
I didnt know you could queue for 12v12 only.

Also he obviously didnt mention 12v12 cities and actually excluded cities in his post which makes your post a strawman argument.

Sulorie
Posts: 4859

Re: Patch Notes 15/07/2020

Post#114 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:10 am

saupreusse wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:43 am
Sulorie wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:33 am


But you can do so, there are cities with 12+ players per side, that's no warband size fight.
I didnt know you could queue for 12v12 only.

Also he obviously didnt mention 12v12 cities and actually excluded cities in his post which makes your post a strawman argument.
How you think so?
He mentioned small scale and 12vs12 is rather small. You can't aim for it but more often than not, when queuing as 6man or less you get into small sized instances.
He talked about cities and mentioned, that getting the gear somewhere else, where his class might be stronger, would be better. I responded, that you can find those small size fights in city siege as well.
Just imagine how many of those "problematic" classes queue solo? Ofc you are easily killed, if having no dedicated healers and tanks. It's a matter of setup and heal-tank-dd balance first and foremost.
There is zero reason for a non-meta class to struggle to get endgame gear.
Dying is no option.

User avatar
wachlarz
Posts: 432

Re: Patch Notes 15/07/2020

Post#115 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:49 am

its funny that sc premade vs pug is fine, and its yours fault that U dont make a premade. But pug wb vs premade wb in city omg its not fair order op or destro op and its biggest problem in game.

User avatar
M0rw47h
Posts: 494

Re: Patch Notes 15/07/2020

Post#116 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:30 am

The best possible buff to rSW would be to get rid of it completly.
Making it more like Mara, st pressure, st burst and AoE spec would make it way more viable. With some utility bow attacks here and there.
Anathae [KotBS] / Anathea [WP] ( and couple others )
former Anathae [Zealot]

Sundowner
Posts: 16

Re: Patch Notes 15/07/2020

Post#117 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:05 am

wachlarz wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:49 am
its funny that sc premade vs pug is fine, and its yours fault that U dont make a premade. But pug wb vs premade wb in city omg its not fair order op or destro op and its biggest problem in game.
1. scenarios last maximum of 15 mins, cities last much more
2. scenarios do not give coins for endgame gear
3. part of scenarions can be won with weaker classes (controlling of obectives sometimes do not require to be better in fights, in cities, for most part, you need to be stronger/have better tactics and communication to win.

Omegus
Posts: 414

Re: Patch Notes 15/07/2020

Post#118 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:58 am

M0rw47h wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:30 am
The best possible buff to rSW would be to get rid of it completly.
Making it more like Mara, st pressure, st burst and AoE spec would make it way more viable. With some utility bow attacks here and there.
Pretty sure the #1 reason people roll a SW is because they want to be an archer...
Zomega: RR8x Zealot
Addons: CityFix v1.0

Ads
User avatar
M0rw47h
Posts: 494

Re: Patch Notes 15/07/2020

Post#119 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:00 pm

Omegus wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:58 am
M0rw47h wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:30 am
The best possible buff to rSW would be to get rid of it completly.
Making it more like Mara, st pressure, st burst and AoE spec would make it way more viable. With some utility bow attacks here and there.
Pretty sure the #1 reason people roll a SW is because they want to be an archer...
...and yet they play aSW :D
Anathae [KotBS] / Anathea [WP] ( and couple others )
former Anathae [Zealot]

User avatar
wachlarz
Posts: 432

Re: Patch Notes 15/07/2020

Post#120 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:27 pm

Sundowner wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:05 am
wachlarz wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:49 am
its funny that sc premade vs pug is fine, and its yours fault that U dont make a premade. But pug wb vs premade wb in city omg its not fair order op or destro op and its biggest problem in game.
1. scenarios last maximum of 15 mins, cities last much more
2. scenarios do not give coins for endgame gear
3. part of scenarions can be won with weaker classes (controlling of obectives sometimes do not require to be better in fights, in cities, for most part, you need to be stronger/have better tactics and communication to win.
1. So how long 25 m omg its eternity 🤣
2. U dont win all sc so why U want win all city sc ?
3. So ask yourself U play this game for fun or its a hard grinding work, that U need work with young but well organized group ? 🤔

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: agemennon675 and 3 guests