Ads

Patch Notes 22/07/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Sulorie

Re: Patch Notes 22/07/2020

Post#91 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:46 am

Grimfang wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:19 am
dalen wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:32 pm You are aware that there was no respawn in keeps in the original game?
You could port straigt to keep from warcamp flag
The flag in warcamp was meant to port you to your fort in order to defend it.
Dying is no option.

Ads
saupreusse
Developer

Post#92 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:28 am

I have a good solution to this: as it is right now the keep area usually extends a bit beyond the outer wall. I actually designed it this way so ppl can see the pq interface even from outside the keep. Now if someone would redraw the pq area (i could do that) and make them a bit smaller so they only cover the exact keep area up to the outer wall, it would be possible to allow respawns inside the keep for ppl that are already inside it. Players that die outside of the keep would have to either respawn in the warcamp or wait for a rezz. This way the attackers could still have the possibility to cut off the streets to the keep while the defenders already inside the keep wont have to fear defending the outer walls.
It would look something like this:
Players within the blue and red area would respawn inside the keep as long as the inner isnt under attack. If you die outside of the keep because you are trying to get in solo - well, thats your problem.

Acidic

Post#93 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:03 am

saupreusse wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:28 am I have a good solution to this: as it is right now the keep area usually extends a bit beyond the outer wall. I actually designed it this way so ppl can see the pq interface even from outside the keep. Now if someone would redraw the pq area (i could do that) and make them a bit smaller so they only cover the exact keep area up to the outer wall, it would be possible to allow respawns inside the keep for ppl that are already inside it. Players that die outside of the keep would have to either respawn in the warcamp or wait for a rezz. This way the attackers could still have the possibility to cut off the streets to the keep while the defenders already inside the keep wont have to fear defending the outer walls.
It would look something like this:
Players within the blue and red area would respawn inside the keep as long as the inner isnt under attack. If you die outside of the keep because you are trying to get in solo - well, thats your problem.
Could be an elegant solution to have keep respawn changed to inside the outer wall, so on walls you need a res but allows funneling on the inner .
Something like only respawn keep if within inner walls and if inner door not hit.
So enemy can stop keep filling, reduce the ram suicide and have some risk to wall shooters that they need a rezzer at least.

tefnaht

Post#94 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:06 am

saupreusse wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:28 am I have a good solution to this: as it is right now the keep area usually extends a bit beyond the outer wall. I actually designed it this way so ppl can see the pq interface even from outside the keep. Now if someone would redraw the pq area (i could do that) and make them a bit smaller so they only cover the exact keep area up to the outer wall, it would be possible to allow respawns inside the keep for ppl that are already inside it. Players that die outside of the keep would have to either respawn in the warcamp or wait for a rezz. This way the attackers could still have the possibility to cut off the streets to the keep while the defenders already inside the keep wont have to fear defending the outer walls.
What about contribution from fight outside keep? Change pq area for safe res not that good. Provide 2nd area for res? What to do with people died inside postern(when you enter with 2-3% hp and full stack any kind dots on you)? If healer can't easily came and res inside - area is unsafe and res must be risky. Official game has bug by long time - LoS does not needed for res, imagine that attackers can res in front of outer entrance?

saupreusse
Developer

Post#95 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:09 am

tefnaht wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:06 am
What about contribution from fight outside keep? Change pq area for safe res not that good. Provide 2nd area for res? What to do with people died inside postern(when you enter with 2-3% hp and full stack any kind dots on you)? If healer can't easily came and res inside - area is unsafe and res must be risky. Official game has bug by long time - LoS does not needed for res, imagine that attackers can res in front of outer entrance?
it could be achieved by using the area map (a different second map that has nothing to do with the pq area) so theres no problem, would only need a few lines of code. Also - as acidic said - it would be possible to except the outer walls of that area. the only real problem is that its a bit inaccurate. id say such area maps have around 5ft accuracy in the real game.

Grimfang
Suspended

Post#96 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:15 am

Sulorie wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:46 am The flag in warcamp was meant to port you to your fort in order to defend it.
You could die and port straight back. Point being saying something wasnt a certain way on live while ignoring something else that performed the same function is disingenuous. It something I see alot on here using live when it suits.

Problem is the campaign is just a time sink and it always comes down to keep. Zones should just come down to zerging keep. There need to be a reason for defenders not to turtle and attackers not to zerg.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#97 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:22 am

Grimfang wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:15 am
Sulorie wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:46 am The flag in warcamp was meant to port you to your fort in order to defend it.
You could die and port straight back. Point being saying something wasnt a certain way on live while ignoring something else that performed the same function is disingenuous. It something I see alot on here using live when it suits.

Problem is the campaign is just a time sink and it always comes down to keep. Zones should just come down to zerging keep. There need to be a reason for defenders not to turtle and attackers not to zerg.
I remember being able to port from keep to warcamp but not vice versa. afaik you could only port to the fortress using the warcamp flag. but there were manticores/griffins to fly to the keep from your own keep in 1.4.8

Aanathema

Post#98 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:17 am

Acidic wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:03 am Could be an elegant solution to have keep respawn changed to inside the outer wall, so on walls you need a res but allows funneling on the inner .
Something like only respawn keep if within inner walls and if inner door not hit.
So enemy can stop keep filling, reduce the ram suicide and have some risk to wall shooters that they need a rezzer at least.
This is a great solution!!! +1

Ads
Raldoran

Post#99 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:43 am

Aanathema wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:17 am
Acidic wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:03 am Could be an elegant solution to have keep respawn changed to inside the outer wall, so on walls you need a res but allows funneling on the inner .
This is a great solution!!! +1
I agree i think this would be the ideal way to do it, that way you can still defend the outer door via funnel and having to guard the posterns but then when/if the funnel breaks you can respawn in keep to try again with the inner doors as long as they haven't been tagged. If they implemented this change it would still get rid of the ram diving and mass suiciding to get inside whilst still making sure there are people in the keep to defend

dalen
Developer

Post#100 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:08 pm

Grimfang wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:15 am
Fort != Keep

You could port to forts using the flag, but not to keeps.

I wasn't saying that everything needs to be like it was in live though. It was in response to the comment that this was a "stupid moronic idiotic butchery of the original game", while it in fact makes it closer to how it worked in the original game.
Source Developer