Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 22/07/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Lyckansost

Re: Patch Notes 22/07/2020

Post#81 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:34 pm

- Players now only respawn in keeps if they are safe, no longer if outer door is already under attack.

Instead of that.
Can't there just be a time penalty to respawn?
Like first respawn 90 sec, second 3 minutes third 6 and so on.
Just a thought, but as someone said let's give it a few days.

Ads
Nameless

Post#82 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:55 pm

To safe outer door funnel make it so
After outer door is under 90% u cant respawn inside. When outer is down untill inner is 98%+ health again allow ress inside. So funnel defenders could ress inside
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Kwatchi
Suspended

Post#83 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:56 pm

RE: Keep respawn change

After spending some time in the lakes last night, I have some initial impressions. I deliberately joined PUG wb rather than run with my alliance.

GOOD
1 - It added some stress to defending a zone, which was a welcome change.
2 - You can still successfully defend a keep (we did in Praag)
3 - Double zone push is now a great strategy to get out of impasses. Defenders can no longer react as easily to zone switches.
4 - Cities should be popping far more often. Great for city loggers, which is half our population at least at this point.
5. Gankers paradise.

NOT SO GOOD
1 - The outer wall defense is a pointless time sink now. Most aren't willing to cover the posterns for fear of being out of rez range, so you collapse into the keep at 30% outer door after dropping a few oils. No wall drops anymore except for dumb tank flexing - mdps twiddle their thumbs. A few postern skirmishes but not much else. You could remove those walls and no one would miss them except rdps.
2 - It quickly became apparent watching solo players on the map that trying to come in late to help a keep is pointless unless you are a crafty veteran. I fear this may trend quickly into PvDoor situations after a while when players look at SoR and just write the zone off.
3 - Combined with zone geography some keep defense just became too crappy to bother with (eg. Order defending Bad Moon Hole was bad enough before... luckily no one likes Butcher's Pass anyway).

Still, early days yet. I assume tweaks are coming.

One corner case that really needs a quick fix:
-Destro defending southern KV fort. It sits right beside their WC and has 3 posterns, one a 10 sec ride from their respawn. That northeastern postern should be removed ASAP. Yes, Order could send a WB around to block entry, but they are 30+ sec from support from the front if they get pincered, and they are already spread thinner guarding an extra postern door. The zone layout simply negates the point of this change, and since you can't move the spawn camp this is the easiest solution.
Slayer - 40/7x
Archmage - 40/7x

Naelar

Post#84 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:03 pm

A 6 man group of me and guildies kept destro from coming in thru that postern while we took that keep in KV last night.

Sulorie

Post#85 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:26 pm

Naelar wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:03 pm A 6 man group of me and guildies kept destro from coming in thru that postern while we took that keep in KV last night.
That's nice, something to do for groups.
Dying is no option.

drmordread
Suspended

Post#86 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:02 pm

Sulorie wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:28 am
drmordread wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:11 am
Aanathema wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:34 am

Or wait at warcamp when a siege has started, form up with a warband and try to enter the fort via a postern.
So drop the wb I had just spent 3 hours with, find a new forming wb of others like me who got cut off and try the postern? (Eataine last night when I was playing destro).

That's a sad sad solution on your end to an even crappier situation. Really? Leave the wb you are with and go find another?
When you were in that wb for 3 hours, how can you die without getting revived and therefore get left alone? Why isn't warband leader doing his job to keep the ppl close together?

I would understand it, when you join a warband, which is already at keep siege but even then, suicide should never be a method to move to a certain location.
I don't believe I have to explain the entire scenario to you because you want to support this idiotic stupid moronic new mechanic ... just so you get more ganking of solo players with your fake leet 6 man.

The warband leader was fine. The warband was fine. Outer went down in Arbor of Light, I popped oil on the oil platform. I was healing myself and dropping oil on order. The rest of the warband was holding the stairs. 4 WH's stealthed their way to oil platform and I died.
BECAUSE OF THIS STUPID NEW MECHANIC I told WB to leave me and not risk more people getting cut off because of this stupid new mechanic.
So let me guess... now you will blame me for telling them not to risk themselves
Or you will blame the WB lead for not putting more people with me on outer oil platform

You will blame everyone and everything except this stupid moronic idiotic butchery of the original game. Go aheasd I await your blame game ...
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Gurf

Post#87 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:07 pm

Yeah new mechanic sucks, zones just getting rolled over now, very difficult to dent the morale of the side zerging if one keep gets defended they just swap keep and block you from getting in the next. Pretty much no point even trying to defend keeps if you are outside and the numbers are above 50 attacking, even full WB trying to get in postern isn't usually enough during EU time as attackers are 100+. Might as well just spend your time ganking instead of defending and abandon zone to capture.

With the previous mechanic a good keep siege was a way of turning the tide of the whole war, has that happened once since the new mechanic has been put in for either side? I haven't seen it

dalen
Developer

Post#88 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:32 pm

drmordread wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:02 pm You will blame everyone and everything except this stupid moronic idiotic butchery of the original game. Go aheasd I await your blame game ...
You are aware that there was no respawn in keeps in the original game?
Source Developer

Ads
Sulorie

Post#89 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:54 pm

drmordread wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:02 pm
The warband leader was fine. The warband was fine. Outer went down in Arbor of Light, I popped oil on the oil platform. I was healing myself and dropping oil on order. The rest of the warband was holding the stairs. 4 WH's stealthed their way to oil platform and I died.
BECAUSE OF THIS STUPID NEW MECHANIC I told WB to leave me and not risk more people getting cut off because of this stupid new mechanic.
So let me guess... now you will blame me for telling them not to risk themselves
Or you will blame the WB lead for not putting more people with me on outer oil platform

You will blame everyone and everything except this stupid moronic idiotic butchery of the original game. Go aheasd I await your blame game ...
Yeah, you should blame yourself for going solo to drop oil within a warband. No matter how you twist it, it's a dumb move, because guess what the enemy would do, when there is oil up without defense. They send someone to get rid of it.
The only ridiculous situation was before patch and it lasted for many years. In order to stop defender from entering keep you can't kill them, otherwise they easily get where they want to be. Explain this nonsense to me.
Now map control actually matters.
Dying is no option.

Grimfang
Suspended

Post#90 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:19 am

dalen wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:32 pm You are aware that there was no respawn in keeps in the original game?
You could port straigt to keep from warcamp flag