Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 22/07/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
nuadarstark

Re: Patch Notes 22/07/2020

Post#21 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:14 pm

Ok, thought a bit about this on my way home...

Doesn't this make some zone-keep combinations ridiculously easy to attack?

Imagine Destro having the keep closer to DW in Caledor. If Order has numbers, it makes it ridiculously easy to tag the keep before the main zerg starts rolling through the center and afterwards, if they choke the narrow point at SV, Destro just can't get in at all? Comparatively, if Order has that keep, they can just easily port to the DW warcamp, bunch up and roll through to the closest postern?

Goes same for the keep right next to Destro WC in Kadrins, just worse for the Order side there? At least there you can port to the Skaven, but a single group of players can easily kill the porting players before they can even do anything.

In the end this really just makes it even harder for the side with smaller numbers to defend a keep and even easier for the side with larger numbers to take a keep. I'm not really sure this is what people meant when they were complaining about the suicide ram jumps. Something less drastic like reses taking resources would probably work much better.

But I always forget devs only like the easy, "we don't have to work", fixes.
Last edited by nuadarstark on Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

Ads
Tamarlan

Post#22 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:14 pm

Interesting change. Most likely you created a new level of AFK'ness. Time will tell.
Halvar RP
Halver SL
Halversen IB
Halva ENG

Boomie82

Post#23 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:19 pm

respawn in the keep, as it was (before inner is tagged) as a 3 or 4 star perk could be a good thing imho. that way you get the "good" old funnel fights and the new sieging

Kwatchi
Suspended

Post#24 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:21 pm

Tabaori wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:34 pm Yes, but that also means that the Destro side, which usually fights in large numbers anyway, hardly gets defenders into the castle, since these are intercepted well in advance.
Sooner or later this will mean that defending the castle is no longer worthwhile, especially on the Destro side, which in my view is losing more and more players.
I hardly play Destro anymore, it's just not fun. Nine out of ten scenarios win the order, my statistics are the same for castle sieges and many players I know see it more and more.
Don't worry about numbers. Something was said yesterday that really pissed off most of the organized Order guilds. I suspect you may see an Order population drop because of it.
Slayer - 40/7x
Archmage - 40/7x

nuadarstark

Post#25 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:26 pm

Yeah ok, this is a bit absurd, you can already see it in TM now - destro insta sieged after the restart and now there is nearly noone in the keep, while WB just straight up camps the post near closest PvE camp.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

Elemint

Post#26 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:26 pm

LOVE these changes. For too long defenders had a huge advantage, and you could see trillion defenders show up after a ram gets spawned. Now, things are more equal. If you are not prepared to defend, or not organized, you lose the zone. As for the AFKing in keep until siege concerns, haven't the stacks and stacks of ranged done that since forever?

doxifera

Post#27 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:38 pm

When to expect a reduction in AoE damage received by turrets, demons, squigs?

Markon

Post#28 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:39 pm

[Arena]

- Fixed an issue which caused certain abilities in the arena to "bug out".

Anything more specific around this? Is it ress in the arena or is it the Pounce bug?

Ads
adapter
Suspended

Post#29 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:44 pm

Haha the new change to keep/warcamp respawn would be weird to adapt, let see how it goes.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

sjemen

Post#30 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:52 pm

the patch has been live for an hour and already ppl are calling for end days the game is done ppl are leaving time to uninstall...

just stop.

how about we just test it out and see how it goes? it can easily be adjusted if needed. I would personally like it better if keeps would go to "unsafe" after the outer door drops to 50% or 75%.
shmemsy 82 IB sjem 75 WP sjembem 70 ENG shmem WH 67 sjemo 68 WL sjemsy 64 BW fatsjem 59 SLAY shmoom 52 AM sjemsjem 53 RP smemz 43 KotBSsjemel 59 SW
shmemz 68 SH sjemz 64 SHM sjemppa 48 BOsjemmy 50 CHP ssjemm 43 MAR