Patch Notes 22/07/2020

Moderators: Developer, Web Developer, Language Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
User avatar
Lithenir
Posts: 181

Re: Patch Notes 22/07/2020

Post#101 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:26 pm

Grimfang wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:15 am
Sulorie wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:46 am
The flag in warcamp was meant to port you to your fort in order to defend it.
You could die and port straight back. Point being saying something wasnt a certain way on live while ignoring something else that performed the same function is disingenuous. It something I see alot on here using live when it suits.

Problem is the campaign is just a time sink and it always comes down to keep. Zones should just come down to zerging keep. There need to be a reason for defenders not to turtle and attackers not to zerg.
There was no flag to port you from warcamp into the keep. At least as far as I remember.
I remember griffons to fly to and bomb the destro keep and I wish we could have something similar here. In my opinion keep fights are sooooo boring. I hope this new respawn gives the lakes more fun.

Ads
sogeou
Posts: 211

Re: Patch Notes 22/07/2020

Post#102 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:51 pm

dalen wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:08 pm

Fort != Keep

You could port to forts using the flag, but not to keeps.

I wasn't saying that everything needs to be like it was in live though. It was in response to the comment that this was a "stupid moronic idiotic butchery of the original game", while it in fact makes it closer to how it worked in the original game.
The system would be fine if pop was balanced. There are huge swings for destro at times which are 2 to 1 in numbers. Also defending keeps is the best part. How about removing the big ramp or adding wounds debuff to AAO based on the % or make postern lock when AAO is a %. This will make destro not want to zerg 2 to 1 and go to another zone.

Mythic **** up by adding that big ramp which just let the zergs run in, when there was only one ramp aoe stacked and that was the issue.

Akalukz
Posts: 744

Re: Patch Notes 22/07/2020

Post#103 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:00 pm

what about a different death penalty inside of keep range. If you die and /release into the keep, you get a 15 min non-healable 20% debuff. Otherwise, wait for rez.
-= Agony =-

Tyrex2017
Posts: 10

Re: Patch Notes 22/07/2020

Post#104 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:46 pm

From my personnal point of view, this patch killed the fun i could have in keep defense.
From overal pespective since the patch is implemented : I believe this patch killed keep defense and have a very bad impact for ORvR. It was one of the difference i liked from live version. If the suicide ram was the problem, why not increase health's ram?, instead to implemented drastic change like that. Dev want 2 citys/days? Dev want more afk? Dev want less orders players? Dev want players vs door now in ORvR?

I dont want 2 citys/days, i dont want to play the live version of this game and I dont want to play players vs door. Give me back the mechanic before this patch.

Tyrex - WP 85
Tyrexx - Engie 44

Sulorie
Posts: 4859

Re: Patch Notes 22/07/2020

Post#105 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:07 pm

Tyrex2017 wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:46 pm
From my personnal point of view, this patch killed the fun i could have in keep defense.
From overal pespective since the patch is implemented : I believe this patch killed keep defense and have a very bad impact for ORvR. It was one of the difference i liked from live version. If the suicide ram was the problem, why not increase health's ram?, instead to implemented drastic change like that. Dev want 2 citys/days? Dev want more afk? Dev want less orders players? Dev want players vs door now in ORvR?

I dont want 2 citys/days, i dont want to play the live version of this game and I dont want to play players vs door. Give me back the mechanic before this patch.

Tyrex - WP 85
Tyrexx - Engie 44
Ask the healer in your group to revive you.
Dying is no option.

TwistedSister77
Posts: 56

Re: Patch Notes 22/07/2020

Post#106 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:08 pm

I like some of the changes, but definitely not the keep respawn nerf to save rams from terrible attackers that would rather sit afk or attack walls instead of guarding the ram.

Sure on my BW when attacking, AOE'ng the wall is fun... but I'm usually on the ram melting suiciders. When there is a big push, push back and move the Ram out of danger.

Basically making outer defense pointless now and giving players little chance to get to the keep to reinforce and defend... is solving exactly for what?

If this is just to get more cities to pop, just designate times each week that the cities will pop regardless of state of the realm... dont ruin rvr.

I'm sure the devs will watch the update and make changes.

Edit: oh and who doesnt love the thrill of hearing the "all jump call "and catching the attackers flat footed... seeing them destroyed... that isn't going to happen now.

User avatar
wargrimnir
Head Game Master
Posts: 6544
Contact:

Re: Patch Notes 22/07/2020

Post#107 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:21 pm

TwistedSister77 wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:08 pm
I like some of the changes, but definitely not the keep respawn nerf to save rams from terrible attackers that would rather sit afk or attack walls instead of guarding the ram.

Sure on my BW when attacking, AOE'ng the wall is fun... but I'm usually on the ram melting suiciders. When there is a big push, push back and move the Ram out of danger.

Basically making outer defense pointless now and giving players little chance to get to the keep to reinforce and defend... is solving exactly for what?

If this is just to get more cities to pop, just designate times each week that the cities will pop regardless of state of the realm... dont ruin rvr.

I'm sure the devs will watch the update and make changes.

Edit: oh and who doesnt love the thrill of hearing the "all jump call "and catching the attackers flat footed... seeing them destroyed... that ain't going to happen now.
If you're in a warband that is attempting to coordinate a Ram suicide push, this is still a non-issue. You have healers in your warband. The range on rez is 150'. That's more than enough range to reach even the worst corners of an outer door from the front ramparts. Maybe the changes will in effect cause people who would otherwise be solo to join groups? There's nothing wrong with diving the ram if you have a healer on the wall watching your back and rezzing you up. Did you guys really do this without a healer at all?
Image
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

TwistedSister77
Posts: 56

Re: Patch Notes 22/07/2020

Post#108 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:35 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:21 pm
TwistedSister77 wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:08 pm
I like some of the changes, but definitely not the keep respawn nerf to save rams from terrible attackers that would rather sit afk or attack walls instead of guarding the ram.

Sure on my BW when attacking, AOE'ng the wall is fun... but I'm usually on the ram melting suiciders. When there is a big push, push back and move the Ram out of danger.

Basically making outer defense pointless now and giving players little chance to get to the keep to reinforce and defend... is solving exactly for what?

If this is just to get more cities to pop, just designate times each week that the cities will pop regardless of state of the realm... dont ruin rvr.

I'm sure the devs will watch the update and make changes.

Edit: oh and who doesnt love the thrill of hearing the "all jump call "and catching the attackers flat footed... seeing them destroyed... that ain't going to happen now.
If you're in a warband that is attempting to coordinate a Ram suicide push, this is still a non-issue. You have healers in your warband. The range on rez is 150'. That's more than enough range to reach even the worst corners of an outer door from the front ramparts. Maybe the changes will in effect cause people who would otherwise be solo to join groups? There's nothing wrong with diving the ram if you have a healer on the wall watching your back and rezzing you up. Did you guys really do this without a healer at all?
Thanks for replying.

Most of the Ram attacks are from the walls above main gate, but my WB would frequently slip around and flank the ram when they moved it to the back lines when oil was up.

My bigger concern is letting players get to the keep, and when outer doors go down, defend until inner is tagged. People get wiped at posterns or main on the enemy push are likely not going to get rezzed and defend inner. So once the doors are down, basically retreat to inner with no hopes of reinforcements.

Edit... I'm patient though and will wait to see how it plays out.

Ads
wowza
Posts: 1

Re: Patch Notes 22/07/2020

Post#109 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:03 am

wargrimnir wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:21 pm
TwistedSister77 wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:08 pm
I like some of the changes, but definitely not the keep respawn nerf to save rams from terrible attackers that would rather sit afk or attack walls instead of guarding the ram.

Sure on my BW when attacking, AOE'ng the wall is fun... but I'm usually on the ram melting suiciders. When there is a big push, push back and move the Ram out of danger.

Basically making outer defense pointless now and giving players little chance to get to the keep to reinforce and defend... is solving exactly for what?

If this is just to get more cities to pop, just designate times each week that the cities will pop regardless of state of the realm... dont ruin rvr.

I'm sure the devs will watch the update and make changes.

Edit: oh and who doesnt love the thrill of hearing the "all jump call "and catching the attackers flat footed... seeing them destroyed... that ain't going to happen now.
If you're in a warband that is attempting to coordinate a Ram suicide push, this is still a non-issue. You have healers in your warband. The range on rez is 150'. That's more than enough range to reach even the worst corners of an outer door from the front ramparts. Maybe the changes will in effect cause people who would otherwise be solo to join groups? There's nothing wrong with diving the ram if you have a healer on the wall watching your back and rezzing you up. Did you guys really do this without a healer at all?
Imagine being head GM and not even knowing what the res range is :lol:

User avatar
Kwatchi
Suspended
Posts: 118

Re: Patch Notes 22/07/2020

Post#110 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:08 am

wargrimnir wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:21 pm

If you're in a warband that is attempting to coordinate a Ram suicide push, this is still a non-issue. You have healers in your warband. The range on rez is 150'. That's more than enough range to reach even the worst corners of an outer door from the front ramparts. Maybe the changes will in effect cause people who would otherwise be solo to join groups? There's nothing wrong with diving the ram if you have a healer on the wall watching your back and rezzing you up. Did you guys really do this without a healer at all?
Rez range is 100 ft.
Slayer - 40/7x
Archmage - 40/7x

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests