Ads

Patch Notes 06/08/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Patch Notes 06/08/2020

Post#111 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:01 pm

Acamano wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:53 pm God Damnit. I **** love Zarbix but that tank top wearing xrealmer just outed us on his stream when he qued in that 12man and said its better because "We all get bags and your chances of getting a gold bag are higher". <3 Zarbix but he's to blame on this bag change haha:P
I'm all up for 1 gold bag, but cities are now 6v6 and 12v12 only. That would make it 10x more enjoyable, at least for a competetive player.
Like 99% of people though, we only care to get the crests to get the gear and GTFO. Cities suck, Cities are not fun, Cities don't even require much individual skill (unless its 12v12), Cities are the only place I get to see my guild leaders at...Cities are the only way to get best gear...Queuing city now...
No. The people abusing this and keeping it a secret are to blame.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
agemennon675

Post#112 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:08 pm

dalen wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:48 pm
agemennon675 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:46 pm So in a 24v24 someone in the losing team decides to rage quit and than they will be able to reduce the rewards not only for his own team but also the opposing team ?
It checks the number of player on the team it is generating bags for. Not the total number of players in the entire instance.

So in other words: no.
Thanks that is good to hear :)
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Acamano

Post#113 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:17 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:01 pm
Acamano wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:53 pm God Damnit. I **** love Zarbix but that tank top wearing xrealmer just outed us on his stream when he qued in that 12man and said its better because "We all get bags and your chances of getting a gold bag are higher". <3 Zarbix but he's to blame on this bag change haha:P
I'm all up for 1 gold bag, but cities are now 6v6 and 12v12 only. That would make it 10x more enjoyable, at least for a competetive player.
Like 99% of people though, we only care to get the crests to get the gear and GTFO. Cities suck, Cities are not fun, Cities don't even require much individual skill (unless its 12v12), Cities are the only place I get to see my guild leaders at...Cities are the only way to get best gear...Queuing city now...
No. The people abusing this and keeping it a secret are to blame.
Good thing I only que 12/13's for the more competitive atmosphere. Do not get rid of that please! :)

Kpi

Post#114 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:21 pm

EDIT: Let me explain from my point of view

I'm from Spain, this is important for the post. The 12 man groups was awesome for a lot players because some players can't speak in English. Usually in my guid (and i think in more non english native) we did groups of 8-12 players and fill until 12 man group with non native spanish players, so we can play with discord and enjoy the citys because we can talk in spanish and play coordinate and if a non spanish speaker join to our discord we can say the "orders" in english without problem

With this patch, now we must to play in a full 24 WB group if we want a gold bag, and in order side this is very necesary because the Destro ussually won easily at 80% of cities. Now the players who can't speak English will not enjoy the cities because they must join at English speakers WB ... Maybe they will not join to a required discord, maybe they will only play with pugs and only wait to roll bags because is not possible win a city with a pug in order side, maybe they only join and stay AFK for rolls.

In other side, the small guilds can't do a full group to play alone

This "fix" to the bags only kill the non native guilds and small guilds. This is very sad

Please, go back to the previous bag in cities, this is a game and we must enjoy it, but this patch don't add fun to the game.

DP: I'm a WP 82 Full SOV, so this is indiferent to me, i'm thinking about the players on the server. WHP
Last edited by Kpi on Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Dragonkillerx

Post#115 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:43 pm

It ok guys just making it harder for order to gear up when most of Destruction is full sov

Keula

Post#116 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:57 pm

dalen wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:45 pm
Wam wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:40 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:30 pm

Partially filled instances are preferred by some people. We initially assumed there was some playstyle preference, but it in the end it turns out they were basically exploiting the queue for more bags. I was terribly shocked as you might expect. So the bags were fixed for all queues. If you still want to try and get a 12v12, that's fine I guess.
I think it's probably a bit of both "preference" and "maximum reward" ... because logistically its kinda hard to fill a 24 warband at off peak hours of the day (when most cities happen) can even be hard on primetime unless you are part of a big guild / alliance ... or overly rely /5 and /5 Quality control leaves alot to be desired... some are what they say, others have l2p issues /bad spec / rage quit / afk / no communication ...

Ive done pug, premade 24, and 12 man... 12 man is more interesting because everyone has to pull their own weight or it shows. 24 can come down to who pve better, or has the most /5 ... and bad rng. In the right circumstances 24 can be fun too but its very few and far between to make it worthwhile and the rng of cities/time of day just add to it.

a bit harsh on instances where its 23vs 24 though... if someone crash / afk on pop and then they are punished throughout for one person's actions.
I made a tweak for next patch/hotfix in the way the algorithm rounding numbers. That will mean a 23 man instance will get same as a 24-man. But a 22-man instance will get one green bag instead of two.
So the total amount of medals aviable from all 3 stages bags will still be(roughly) player amount x 4 regardless of instance size? Good change overall, not sure why it wasn't like that in the first place when non 24 cities were introduced
Alteredheal 85 DOK
Azerrad 79 Sorc
Lumoojatar 70 AM

Zxul

Post#117 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:01 pm

To clarify:

[Combat formulas]
- Toughness mitigation is now applied after outgoing damage multipliers, but before incoming damage multipliers.

Does this means that with same toughness, after patch I will take more or less dmg from slayer with mechanic, or say from am with DF?

[Combat Formulas]
- Fixed an issue when calculating Amor/Resist mitigation for DoT damage when incoming or outgoing damage multipliers were applied.

And, were dots bugged only this patch, or from before?
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

dalen
Developer

Post#118 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:03 pm

Kpi wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:21 pm EDIT: Let me explain from my point of view

I'm from Spain, this is important for the post. The 12 man groups was awesome for a lot players because some players can't speak in English. Usually in my guid (and i think in more non english native) we did groups of 8-12 players and fill until 12 man group with non native spanish players, so we can play with discord and enjoy the citys because we can talk in spanish and play coordinate and if a non spanish speaker join to our discord we can say the "orders" in english without problem

With this patch, now we must to play in a full 24 WB group if we want a gold bag, and in order side this is very necesary because the Destro ussually won easily at 80% of cities. Now the players who can't speak English will not enjoy the cities because they must join at English speakers WB ... Maybe they will not join to a required discord, maybe they will only play with pugs and only wait to roll bags because is not possible win a city with a pug in order side, maybe they only join and stay AFK for rolls.

This "fix" to the bags only kill the non native guilds and small guilds. This is very sad

Please, go back to the previous bag in cities, this is a game and we must enjoy it, but this patch don't add fun to the game.

DP: I'm a WP 82 Full SOV, so this is indiferent to me, i'm thinking about the players on the server. WHP
You have same chance of winning a bag in a 12-man instance as in a 24-man instance with this patch. Feel free to continue to queue up as 12-man teams, but it won't be a cheesy way to get guaranteed bags for everyone.
Source Developer

Ads
Kpi

Post#119 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:12 pm

dalen wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:03 pm
Kpi wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:21 pm EDIT: Let me explain from my point of view

You have same chance of winning a bag in a 12-man instance as in a 24-man instance with this patch. Feel free to continue to queue up as 12-man teams, but it won't be a cheesy way to get guaranteed bags for everyone.
I just played a 12 man city... 3rd position and green bag... 4th and white bag.

My wife 1st in 2nd round and purple bag... this is not cool
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Akalukz

Post#120 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:25 pm

should always be at least 1 gold bag right?
-= Agony =-