Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 06/08/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Grock

Re: Patch Notes 06/08/2020

Post#41 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:02 pm

Foofmonger wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:42 pm There are multiple ways the devs could have approached Mara.

They could have kept the damage the same and reduced the survivability (what you are proposing).

They could have reduced the damage and kept the survivabiity the same (what they chose).

I would have preferred the first as well, but either is more or less fine.
I don't think these options are equal though. The damage scaling values were objectively average when compared to other classes, while Monstro proc Armorpen protection is a big outlier, especially for a damage dealer class. Tuning it down should've been the priority, instead of reducing damage of a damage dealer class.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Ads
Akalukz

Post#42 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:05 pm

maybe (probably) doesn't make a difference as long as it is infront of mitigation.
-= Agony =-

neviirien

Post#43 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:08 pm

Akalukz wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:05 pm maybe (probably) doesn't make a difference as long as it is infront of mitigation.
Toughness being hit before absorb allowed tanks with bubbles and high toughness to survive far longer than would be normal. This is why regen on high toughness Blackguards and Swordmasters was effective because they had constant bubbles to absorb things after that toughness mitigation. To say that the change to put absorb before toughness is how it was on live is incorrect according to my extensive testing during my debate with Tranduril and other Swordmasters on the BioWare Mythic forum.
Neviirien. Blackguard. Badlands Server. Originally from Magnus.

Akalukz

Post#44 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:20 pm

neviirien wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:08 pm
Akalukz wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:05 pm maybe (probably) doesn't make a difference as long as it is infront of mitigation.
Toughness being hit before absorb allowed tanks with bubbles and high toughness to survive far longer than would be normal. This is why regen on high toughness Blackguards and Swordmasters was effective because they had constant bubbles to absorb things after that toughness mitigation. To say that the change to put absorb before toughness is how it was on live is incorrect according to my extensive testing during my debate with Tranduril and other Swordmasters on the BioWare Mythic forum.
I remember those days for sure. Seems like this change is a bit of a defensive nerf for many classes that can't stack toughness? EDIT: That's what i am tryign to figure out, over all nerf or over all bonus.
-= Agony =-

Bozzax

Post#45 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:24 pm

zumos2 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:53 pm I don't really understand the reason behind making absorb useless again. The argument of "making as it was on live" is meaningless since making things like they were on live was never the intention of the RoR team. Is there any chance of looking into making absorb values generally higher to make up for this change?
Wise words this WAS one of the better changes in game
Last edited by Bozzax on Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Bozzax

Post#46 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:25 pm

the way damage is calculated, general points:
Damage appears to be calculated in sequence, starting with tooltip damage (if using abilities) which then gains a dps contribution from weapons (or not in the case of most magic abilities) and then gains stat contribution. this total is then mitigated by armour or resistances.

mitigation from toughness is calculated during the stat contribution part of the formula.

damage bonus and reduced damage are calculated from the base damage and the ATTACKING stat contribution, but before toughness is applied.

critical damage is calculated after toughness is applied but before mitigation from armour or resistances.

all bonuses to damage (base or critical) are additive.

all reduction to damage (base or critical) is multiplicative.
Original post Annaise about combat log

The code basically involves the following steps:
1: The weapon dps contribution is calculated first: damage1 = weapon dps x weapon speed

2: Offensive stat term is calculated next: damage2 = (offensive stat + power)/10 x weapon speed

3: Mitigation due to toughness is calculated next: mit1 = (toughness + fort)/10 x weapon speed

4: Then they are combined: damage3 = damage1 + damage2 - mit1

5: class based percentage modifers are applied. These include such things as choppa/slayer's rage mechanic, SW's Vengeance of Nagarythe, class based tactics such as Flanking, Taste of Blood, etc.
damage4 = damage3 x class based % modifiers

6: Mitigation due to armor is calculated: mit2 = damage4 x armor% x (1 - weapon skill armor bypass %)

7: Damage after armor mit is calculated: damage5 = damage4 - mit2

8: Crit damage % modifiers to damage as well as debuffs to this damage from Trivial Blows are applied. Then other % modifiers are applied such as gear-based % modifiers, Live Event % buffs, and % debuffs from things such as detaunts, Challenge, Guard, etc. I'm not sure if class-based % damage debuffs such as Crippling Strikes and Dragon's Talon are applied here or at Step 5.:

damage6 = damage5 x (1 + crit damage %) x (1 + gear damage % modifiers) x (1 + 10% live event buff) x etc..

This is the damage value that appears in the combat log.

9: Total mitigation is calculated by applying the same % modifers from Step 8 to (mit1 + mit2):
total mit = (mit1 + mit2) x (1 + crit damage %) x (1 + gear damage % modifiers) x (1 + 10% live event buff) x etc.

This is the mitigation value that appears in the combat log.
Last edited by Bozzax on Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:03 pm, edited 7 times in total.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Sundowner

Post#47 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:26 pm

VkdswWH wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:58 pm
The issue with Mara was their ability to survive for much longer than other classes through Monstro proc which gave them immense protection against physical damage.
survive with blood lord weapon... aha. :lol:
Dat 25% chance to proc 5 sec buff realy important problem. :lol: this is not serious
100% armor pen shrug with 25% chance ti proc is very important when melee-train is meta in cities.

neviirien

Post#48 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:28 pm

Bozzax wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:25 pm This is exactly how it worked
DAMAGE, MIGRATION ABSORB values in the combat log

Original post Annaise

The code basically involves the following steps:
1: The weapon dps contribution is calculated first: damage1 = weapon dps x weapon speed

2: Offensive stat term is calculated next: damage2 = (offensive stat + power)/10 x weapon speed

3: Mitigation due to toughness is calculated next: mit1 = (toughness + fort)/10 x weapon speed

4: Then they are combined: damage3 = damage1 + damage2 - mit1

5: class based percentage modifers are applied. These include such things as choppa/slayer's rage mechanic, SW's Vengeance of Nagarythe, class based tactics such as Flanking, Taste of Blood, etc.
damage4 = damage3 x class based % modifiers

6: Mitigation due to armor is calculated: mit2 = damage4 x armor% x (1 - weapon skill armor bypass %)

7: Damage after armor mit is calculated: damage5 = damage4 - mit2

8: Crit damage % modifiers to damage as well as debuffs to this damage from Trivial Blows are applied. Then other % modifiers are applied such as gear-based % modifiers, Live Event % buffs, and % debuffs from things such as detaunts, Challenge, Guard, etc. I'm not sure if class-based % damage debuffs such as Crippling Strikes and Dragon's Talon are applied here or at Step 5.:

damage6 = damage5 x (1 + crit damage %) x (1 + gear damage % modifiers) x (1 + 10% live event buff) x etc..

This is the damage value that appears in the combat log.

9: Total mitigation is calculated by applying the same % modifers from Step 8 to (mit1 + mit2):
total mit = (mit1 + mit2) x (1 + crit damage %) x (1 + gear damage % modifiers) x (1 + 10% live event buff) x etc.

This is the mitigation value that appears in the combat log.
There is nothing in that formula about Absorb.

Ads
Grock

Post#49 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:32 pm

neviirien wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:28 pm There is nothing in that formula about Absorb.
Absorb isn't a modifier lol
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

neviirien

Post#50 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:34 pm

Grock wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:32 pm
neviirien wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:28 pm There is nothing in that formula about Absorb.
Absorb isn't a modifier lol
Sure, but then how is the claim that absorb goes before mitigation valid when I clearly remember testing it and finding that absorb was affected by toughness values.

Edit: Actually that formula linked states at the top Damage, Mitigation, Absorb, implying that Absorb comes AFTER all mitigation is applied.
Last edited by neviirien on Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.