Ads

Patch Notes 06/08/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
M0rw47h

Re: Patch Notes 06/08/2020

Post#91 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:13 pm

saupreusse wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:09 pm
adapter wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:07 pm New Warhammer Online MMORPG has come out in the year of 2038 and we are still waiting for Ranged Squig Herder to be reworked.
Dude chill. Ive been waiting 4 years for sw buffs
And still waiting? ;)

Ads
adapter
Suspended

Post#92 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:23 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:13 pm And still waiting? ;)
Already gave up, it became a meme now, it may even get nerfed.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

saupreusse
Developer

Post#93 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:24 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:13 pm
adapter wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:07 pm New Warhammer Online MMORPG has come out in the year of 2038 and we are still waiting for Ranged Squig Herder to be reworked.
And still waiting? ;)
Some say :^)

Omegus

Post#94 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:27 pm

12 years for proper zdps specs. Get in line.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

SmackdownNinja

Post#95 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:08 pm

I would take another look at the toughness change when you guys have time. Before it toughness was already not as popular stack or use for talis as wounds and armor due to previous nerfs. This will only pigeonhole more people into running only those two for defense. Which is strange because the recent morale change was to have more variety of defensive options instead of just wound stacking. Another issues is that it might cause some classes to over preform which would lead to future balancing headaches. Trivial blows also doesnt exist so it would be nice to have toughness in a less useless state. It’s also good see the absorbs got reverted a little. On another note the IB changes are awesome and will help breath some new life into the class.
Last edited by SmackdownNinja on Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Voldro BG-85
Nuketown BW-82

Omegus

Post#96 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:39 pm

- Avenging the Debt: Cost increased from 20 to 25 Grudge. Cooldown set to 30 seconds. Effect changed to "Upon spotting a hated foe your rage boils over. You remove all movement impairing effects. For each effect removed, you will regain X health. Your Oath Friend will be affected as well if they’re within 50ft of you.". The health scales with ability level, up to 200 at ability level 40.
Has anyone checked to see if this removes Champion's Challenge? It shouldn't do... but it would be good to know for sure...
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Wam

Post#97 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:15 pm

ChicagoJoe wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:17 pm
Wam wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:47 pm More tilting balance towards order to make up for their lack of organised / l2p setup issues

Mara lost its morale drain to get dmg boost, now its lost its dmg boost and in worse position again... has morale stopper ever worked? and morale bomb been changed significantly... its ST tree's got nerfed in the past also. Mara has strength and weakness, it was maybe a little over tuned but that is more bug issues and fighting weaker compositions makes it look stronger than it is.

It set's bad precedent with the whiny nature to get something nerfed... so what if order still keep failing with cities because they don't address their composition / setup issues? more destro nerfs to make up for order's lack of knowledge/adapting and teamplay? That is a slippery slope for balancing... it does give off the meme perception of bias even if it not intended or don't care about it. Because order mentality are going to whine if they lose and look for excuse, even when LOB/MONT NGE, and we have proved its pretty much fine as can be on order side without direct mirrors. Alot of influential and experienced leaders(more so order) talk out their *** when it comes to balance and composition, they should know better but get such blinkered tunnel vision with grass is greener effect instead of play to own strengths.

Ib change makes them more useful and a contender for 2nd tank spot. It might be a tad bit excessive but gives them a purpose, changes like this for the unloved niche classes Welf/WH/SW/Magi/Engi and could maybe add am/shaman in there too to make them more competitive with their rival faction archtypes which excel.

Maybe I stick to order more, if its going to keep getting preferential treatment.
Oh come on. Destro has been reaping the rewards of unintended consequences of obtaining some of their classes order mirrors best abilities. Choppa pull still broken. Timing is off and should trigger immunity at a minimum. The marauder nerf is better than nothing but the class was over performing before and will still overperform.

TUP/FMJ are some of the best guilds on this server and you are tactically brilliant. For you to moan that order is getting preferential treatment after MONTHS of benefiting from boosts you didn't need is ridiculous.

There are LTP/Organizational issues with order, but the developers choice of what abilities stack certainly favored destros strengths. If engi/sw ranged abilities stacked more and led to an 70-80% win rate in cities I would admit that destros complaints were righteous. Not sure why you are complaining.
Morale Drain Nerf
Winds Nerf
Heal Debuff Nerf
Morale Bomb Nerf
Mara Dmg Nerf

+SL Buff > CHP Buff (you will always run more slayer than you would choppa) +IB Buff and debatable whether about SW buff ;)

I don't see any boosts, just nerf's to destro.

I know some of those nerfs hit both faction, but order benefit greater from this and was competitive pre morale drain nerf and pre morale bomb nerf.

Im working on both Slayer and Mara at the same time (amongst other things)... and yeah i could still get it to work with extra effort, but their role is being changed again and losing such strong utility(morale drain) and getting broken skill instead the dmg boost was the trade off, maybe it was overtuned but like others suggested their numbers are pretty "padded" partially due to bugs which made their surviability higher than others and also they are often ignored until last so it doesn't always paint the full picture. Mara's are now in a worse place than a few months ago. There was a reason why they was buffed in the first place, but that got drowned out by bandwagon of tears and forgotten about just because they are a semi flavour of the month pick and people stacking them, (what about slayer stacks lol) some classes work well when stacked. Order bringing rdps to a mdps fight club is main reason for order losing often in cities, and obviously their lack of healer/tank population compared to rdps.

The choppa pull you complain about is very inferior to the old choppa pull with crazy range... the main issue with choppa pull is its bugged and does more damage than it should.

Its not so much moan, but pointing out the perception bias... i am in weird position compared to most as im in the middle... don't really want to win by default if enemy is nerfed into ground. I see lots of complaints and from people who don't bother bringing proper setups and with weak assist, then they want things nerfed without even doing their basics from their own respective archtypes... from playing against high end opposition on both sides balance was pretty close pre morale nerf, now it swing more to order but not many people taking advantage... if i went full try hard leader on order, i think one group will always be challenge, and maybe handful of others if that.

A nerf and counter nerf culture is not ideal, fixing bugs and improving fringe classes to make them more competitive so there is actual choice / selection dilemma is a better route to take imo, and yes I know balance isn't easy and is at times poisoned chalice in a game with no direct mirrors.

Can mara's tree's be improved and morale stopper fixed/replaced with something useful?
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

sogeou

Post#98 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:49 pm

Wam wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:15 pm Oh come on. Destro has been reaping the rewards of unintended consequences of obtaining some of their classes order mirrors best abilities. Choppa pull still broken. Timing is off and should trigger immunity at a minimum. The marauder nerf is better than nothing but the class was over performing before and will still overperform.

TUP/FMJ are some of the best guilds on this server and you are tactically brilliant. For you to moan that order is getting preferential treatment after MONTHS of benefiting from boosts you didn't need is ridiculous.

There are LTP/Organizational issues with order, but the developers choice of what abilities stack certainly favored destros strengths. If engi/sw ranged abilities stacked more and led to an 70-80% win rate in cities I would admit that destros complaints were righteous. Not sure why you are complaining.
Morale Drain Nerf
Winds Nerf
Heal Debuff Nerf
Morale Bomb Nerf
Mara Dmg Nerf

+SL Buff > CHP Buff (you will always run more slayer than you would choppa) +IB Buff and debatable whether about SW buff ;)

I know some of those nerfs hit both faction, but order benefit greater from this and was competitive pre morale drain nerf and pre morale bomb nerf.

Im working on both Slayer and Mara at the same time (amongst other things)... and yeah i could still get it to work with extra effort, but their role is being changed again and losing such strong utility(morale drain) and getting broken skill instead the dmg boost was the trade off, maybe it was overtuned but like others suggested their numbers are pretty "padded" partially due to bugs which made their surviability higher than others and also they are often ignored until last so it doesn't always paint the full picture. Mara's are now in a worse place than a few months ago. There was a reason why they was buffed in the first place, but that got drowned out by bandwagon of tears and forgotten about just because they are a semi flavour of the month pick and people stacking them, (what about slayer stacks lol) some classes work well when stacked. Order bringing rdps to a mdps fight club is main reason for order losing often in cities, and obviously their lack of healer/tank population compared to rdps.

The choppa pull you complain about is very inferior to the old choppa pull with crazy range... the main issue with choppa pull is its bugged and does more damage than it should.

Its not so much moan, but pointing out the perception bias... i am in weird position compared to most as im in the middle... don't really want to win by default if enemy is nerfed into ground. I see lots of complaints and from people who don't bother bringing proper setups and with weak assist, then they want things nerfed without even doing their basics from their own respective archtypes... from playing against high end opposition on both sides balance was pretty close pre morale nerf, now it swing more to order but not many people taking advantage... if i went full try hard leader on order, i think one group will always be challenge, and maybe handful of others if that.

A nerf and counter nerf culture is not ideal, fixing bugs and improving fringe classes to make them more competitive so there is actual choice / selection dilemma is a better route to take imo, and yes I know balance isn't easy and is at times poisoned chalice in a game with no direct mirrors.

Can mara's tree's be improved and morale stopper fixed/replaced with something useful?
[/quote]

WAM, you should stop posting. Everything you say is always wrong. You never post correct stuff and cry about things that don't matter. Example by saying destro is only getting nerfs. You cried about SW being OP and it was only for a week. Just stop posting and stop zerging with your guild. Do 6v6. Destro could use some more fixes / nerfs and it would make for a better game.

Ads
guessgap

Post#99 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:00 am

absorb change - balance question:
certain classes eg tank classes like the "bubble sm" (or maybe bg as well) depended more on absorbs for survivability than other tanks and were balanced around that.
now this absorb change may lead to a state of unbalance amongst tank survivability... is that a wrong assumption? and what do others (more knowledgeable players than me) think about this?

Wam

Post#100 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:42 am

sogeou wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:49 pm
Wam wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:15 pm Oh come on. Destro has been reaping the rewards of unintended consequences of obtaining some of their classes order mirrors best abilities. Choppa pull still broken. Timing is off and should trigger immunity at a minimum. The marauder nerf is better than nothing but the class was over performing before and will still overperform.

Morale Drain Nerf
Winds Nerf
Heal Debuff Nerf
Morale Bomb Nerf
Mara Dmg Nerf

WAM, you should stop posting. Everything you say is always wrong. You never post correct stuff and cry about things that don't matter. Example by saying destro is only getting nerfs. You cried about SW being OP and it was only for a week. Just stop posting and stop zerging with your guild. Do 6v6. Destro could use some more fixes / nerfs and it would make for a better game.
[/quote]

You always talk out your ***, I never cried about SW lal... infact encourged it to be buffed and given a purpose many times, you know something all classes really should have for end game. Just like the other niche classes which find it hard to compete with other classes, its like some are on PED'S and others are not. Too many people like yourself lack awareness about teamplay, and roll x y z class that really lacking a purpose in end game then they get sad about it.

For the last year+ destro has only got nerfs you troll. I post in factual information and not kneejerk emotional like yourself. You see if one side is nerfed i can just play the other no problem, but it's a bit demotivating for mara players who get the rug pulled out from under them... It wouldn't be so bad if their single target tree wasn't already nerfed and focussed in the past, and given abilities that actually worked instead of broken stuff for months. Fixing broken stuff before nerf's would be such a better way to judge, instead of listen to salty emo order players about balance who don't bring proper setups or assist like they should... shouldn't really listen to people about balance when they don't perform as well as they can on city scoreboards that is first red flag. Mara's are over rated... I know a handful of good ones, most are average or just above. They are not immortal and Its easy to spot the difference and that is pre nerf.

Yeah we only zerg thats why we was 18 facing whole zone and 40 people in some discords :roll: plus add's :lol:
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]