Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 26/08/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Diros

Re: Patch Notes 26/08/2020

Post#71 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:52 pm

kyrontor wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:22 pm Fist of Khaine is now 100% useless for a heal DoK and while the WP version became as useless for mechanic regen, it got a covert addon of 20% chance to snare that isn't justified in the "Goals of the Warrior Priest/DoK changes" section.

Why not keep it being used with AP and let it scale with Willpower instead of Strength, seeing that the justification of the change is the melee DoK/WP and not the mechanic regen that would be the primary reason for a heal DoK/WP to use this skill?
And what exactly purpose it serves now, still being an ability tied to the healing tree, to healers?
You could've just said 100% useless. It is lower output damage when compared to Bludgeon for mWP and now an RF burn, cool if your out of AP I guess but overall Bludgeon works out better as the heal from Divine Strike is just too weak as a mWP to quantify it as utility. And now, it's just as bad for hWP as it previously helped build RF and keep your melee/nearby friendlies up. Personally it feels like a nerf to both WP and DoK.

Ads
Rydiak

Post#72 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:53 pm

Retsudrats wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:49 pm
Rydiak wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:16 pm
I mean no offense to you with this, but feedback from a level 14 Warrior Priest is not worth much in my opinion. Shield-specced WPs/DoKs were GODS in T1 because of how they had near limitless healing and damage output due to having two resources that both healed (AP for Divine Strike, and RF for Divine Assault). Now you have to use a builder (like Bludgeon or Sigmar's Fist) to generate RF before you can spend it on healing (DS/DA), like how the class was designed. You CAN still cast heals too, you know? In 6 ranks you will gain Sigmar's Radiance, which will be your primary heal and RF generator and will bring a gameplay loop more to what you akin to. Keep at it, and you will eventually relish the fact that RF matters to WP specs outside of Salvation now.
I didn't know about Sigmar's Radiance, it actually just looks like Divine Strike on steroids, which seems like it will continue the play style that I was originally looking for. Thanks for pointing it out because I was thinking about rerolling as a result. Also, yeah, something I noticed on my way to level 14 was that it really didn't feel like I had any ways to effectively spend RF outside of Divine Aid and Healing Hand. I'll push on to level 20. I was already going to use a shield because Path of Grace with Sacrifice had originally drawn me to the character.
Check out the guide in my signature when you get a chance. I need to update it for today's patch though.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#73 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:59 pm

Pyte wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:36 pm

Wargrim, you especially enjoy the tears from your community but not for the benefit of the server. Strolling through your posts makes that pretty clear. You often describe the patch changes as temporary to experiment but nothing is rolled back unless broken. Why not get feedback from the community playing your experiment before making the changes? This private server has made some major improvements from live I quite enjoy. Then there's patches like this where you just scratch your head and wonder yet have no choice to play on cause we the community know the dev team will not hear the majority if they offer constructive criticism on the patch.

Examples in this patch alone: offering the defensive stats for tanks and absorbs in scenarios is awesome... encourages more of it. Nerfing a sov proc that was a grind and a half to get by farming 40+ cities...frustrating, encourages less of it.
I see you've confused listening for obeying. You're almost there with understanding that we don't need you, particularly if you can't hold a polite conversation. You are entirely optional, devs are a requirement. Be nice.

Touching procs got pushed to the end of the priority list this patch and were partially finished.

Be respectful if you want that respect to be returned.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Rumpel

Post#74 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:13 pm

Fenris78 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:59 pm
Changes to flanking are nice too (less OP proc damages from Witch Elves who benefited this tactic the most, IMO), and a general tuning down of procs in mDPS classes.
Add damages are already ignoring Toughness, the +15% bonus was indeed not needed... :p
What wait. Which procs where benefiting to much and will now not have that 15%?! Was that good? Is Taste of Blood working the same way?
Last edited by Rumpel on Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler:

Foofmonger

Post#75 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:21 pm

I like the notes overall, good job on the patch. Have to see how these WP/DOK changes play out, but otherwise pretty good stuff.

Not sure the melee weapon throws are working as intended though. Seeing some Choppa/Slayers pulling some extremely high numbers, I'd check your formulas.

miroerr

Post#76 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:35 pm

Great patch. I appreciate the Scenario changes for tanks, healers and general support

navis

Post#77 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:41 pm

Wow, scenario scoreboard changes. This is so great I can't believe it!!

CountTalabecland

Post#78 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:02 pm

Now that there is one mighty fine staircase I tell you hwat.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Ads
KissShot

Post#79 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:25 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:05 pm These patch notes are too long. Terrible devs.
Too many good fixes!

KissShot

Post#80 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:27 pm

Opeteh wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:39 pm And all of the sudden people started to appreciate Zealots...

p.s. guys, nerf incomming
LOL