Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 26/08/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Zxul

Re: Patch Notes 26/08/2020

Post#81 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:20 pm

Interesting changes. Overall I would say it is a nerf to dok/wp as they currently are, though from other hand it does makes new specs valuable. Would love the classes getting some buffs to compensate for the nerfs, while keeping the idea behind the changes.
vanbuinen77 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:39 pm Why is fist of khaine and its mirror being changed to use se instead of ap?

The point of it is to regain se when at range or when being kitted as a mdok.

This change further weakens doks when fighting ranged or kitting classes.
I suspect I won't be the only dok dpsing with chalice any longer. Some examples:

"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
Akalukz

Post#82 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:51 am

Not sure if anyone has said anything, but tactics seem to not be working. Specifically tactics that add stats or make a skil have an AoE effect. split arrows andd masterful aim for SW. EDIT: restart fixed it.
Last edited by Akalukz on Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-= Agony =-

lyncher12

Post#83 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:55 am

Zxul wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:20 pm Interesting changes. Overall I would say it is a nerf to dok/wp as they currently are, though from other hand it does makes new specs valuable. Would love the classes getting some buffs to compensate for the nerfs, while keeping the idea behind the changes.
vanbuinen77 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:39 pm Why is fist of khaine and its mirror being changed to use se instead of ap?

The point of it is to regain se when at range or when being kitted as a mdok.

This change further weakens doks when fighting ranged or kitting classes.
I suspect I won't be the only dok dpsing with chalice any longer. Some examples:

shield healers weren't autowin in solo ranked because no tali engineers,etc exist but it was pretty close. i am glad it actually got a nerf, i was afraid with it not being warband friendly it would be ignored.

Beara

Post#84 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:57 am

Excited for the protection and objective rankings. Nice job!
Seems like it's time to try out these Dok/WP changes. I assume this is to open it up to have SE/RF regen on equips
Beara; Annarexia; Bellemia; Beawaaghh; Nightengale
Araeb; Beamz; Blockityblock

I'll be a douche at some point, but I'll be right about it.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#85 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:31 am

satanicomoderno wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:36 pm DoK is dual wield wich means he has 40% of chance to proc snare and not 20%, also he has more parry rate than wp and can heal better on dps once he hits twice and faster than WP 2h.
If you dok lovers are crying about the changes, what about give dok the wound buffs instead Devour Essence, remove snare aura and give the same snare buff that wp received in this patch and give wp dual wield like dok? Then we have both classes very similar, but I do believe dok lovers will cry after see their beloved class nerfed.
I will love that DoK was 100% mirrored to WP, for me devs can do it right now with a hotfix. I mean 100%: abilities/tactics/morales/etc

Omegus

Post#86 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:09 am

Opeteh wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:39 pm And all of the sudden people started to appreciate Zealots...

p.s. guys, nerf incomming
Expect those numbers to drop when healing ritual gets fixed.

__

Zealots: FYI these AP bonus from Sov/etc now only trigger from the casting of Ritual of Lunacy rather than the pulses. Before you had about a 50% chance of proccing it per 3 second pulse with 6 people in the party, now it's 10% every 30 seconds. The proc chance from group healing also took a nerf, again from about 50% per cast with 6 people to 10% per cast.

Pre-patch with AOE healing (ritual heal pulse every 3 seconds and a group heal every 3 seconds) the actual chance of triggering the regen proc was 71% every 3 seconds (12 direct heals each with a 10% chance, only needed one to succeed). It's now 10%. Granted it shouldn't have been triggering from the ritual to begin with as that's a bug, but even if everything was working properly it's still cutting the chance of group heal triggering it from about 50% to 10%. I'm not sure having it now trigger on casting HOTs when you have plenty of AP makes up for losing the procs when you need it the most during AP-intensive group healing.

Was the intent to significally nerf AP regen for Zealots (and I assume other classes) during the times when it was needed the most? If not, please can you keep a close eye on these numbers and consider buffing the hell out of the proc chance to make up for the new mechanics as it is not a like-for-like swap.

Vanquisher seems extra nerfed as (and my memory is a bit hazy on this...) but before it was a chance to recover AP instantly on direct heal so it could trigger multiple times quickly (I'm not sure if it was still ever possible to get multiple ticks per group heal or ritual pulse though - if it was then changing it to AP/s is a gigantic nerf).

There's always the Restorative Burst tactic, but I was actually starting to enjoy this tactic not being mandatory for heal builds as it opened up some extra build diversity.

__

Zealot stuff out of the way (which can be fixed with number tweaks), the rest of the patch looks absolutely fantastic. I am very surprised and pleased to see the scoreboard changes in particular along with the other changes and fixes. Kazad Dammaz has been fixed!!!!!
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Xarko

Post#87 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:16 am

Love the SC changes.

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#88 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:38 am

Pyte wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:56 pm Why not get feedback from the community playing your experiment before making the changes?
We do listen to the community and spend hours reading hundreds of comments and messages posted on all the platforms. It's one simple fact that neither us nor any other team in any MMO can satisfy the whole player base. That being said, you should consider team members who've been here for 6+ years reading hateful criticism, biased criticism and offensive comments hidden under "I'm just sharing my feedback".

Patch Notes threads have always been open for constructive criticism and feedback, Suggestion & Feedback threads, polls across the several platforms we operate on, in-game polls, testers, etc.

I'm sure everyone is listening to the community, but no one can satisfy all of it. The same reason you will never have a democratic election with 100% vote results: Opinions. Oh and on RoR? There are tens of opinions per patch.

Ads
nat3s

Post#89 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:58 am

satanicomoderno wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:36 pm DoK is dual wield wich means he has 40% of chance to proc snare and not 20%, also he has more parry rate than wp and can heal better on dps once he hits twice and faster than WP 2h.
If you dok lovers are crying about the changes, what about give dok the wound buffs instead Devour Essence, remove snare aura and give the same snare buff that wp received in this patch and give wp dual wield like dok? Then we have both classes very similar, but I do believe dok lovers will cry after see their beloved class nerfed.

I'm not going to wade into the DoK vs WP debate, but unless DoK is different to Mara, offhand swing chance isn't close to 100%, much like DAOC before it, it's a chance to swing - outside of effects like Brutality stance.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Grock

Post#90 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:11 pm

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:00 pm - Iron Breaker uses Oathbound, buffing their oath friends parry by 25%. This causes the oath friend to parry a blow for 200 damage they otherwise would not have parried. The Iron Breaker is awarded 200 protection points.
I just noticed this part, wonder how its calculated?

Effect of Oathbound can vary heavily depending on how much parry the target has, giving 25% flat bonus to someone with 50+ parry is way more effective than to someone with 0 parry
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)