Patch Notes 09/09/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Wam

Re: Patch Notes 09/09/2020

Post#21 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:46 pm

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:54 pm
[In memory of Bipolargary]

- Last week, we wanted to show support and empower Gary and anyone battling against cancer. The Twitch Drops quest starter was named Gary; he proceeds and asks players not to surrender and to continue fighting.

- In memory of Bipolargary, the brave cancer fighter who sadly lost the battle, a gravestone has been added next to the others at the Graveyard of Praag.
a nice touch.

On other stuff thats less worthy, interesting to see how changes play out... with lemming defence and potential outer defences more often again, more curious about choppa/engi/magus pulls and how blatant can they be / still work?

Pulls previously in funnel situations are generally okay, they punish bad positioning, if they are disabled makes defending even easier and punishes a class which already has issues (pet mechanic) in large scale rvr.
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Ads
jughurta69

Post#22 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:58 pm

Pulling players between different keep areas is blocked.

ok but no compensation for destro ? destro have a gameplay pull no rampage for down wall of tank

Original:
Spoiler:
Le RVR et le PVP c'est s'adapter et ce battre a ses armes contre celles de l ennemies , non?

toutes les specifites destru ont etaient detruites ou nerf

Debuff wound and debuff heal mara
Spé shield dps BO
Magus pull - (ingé pull)
Mara aoe
DoK dps actuellement en cours de nerf
maintenant Choppa pull aoe

merci de l' interet que vous porterais a mon message et merci par avance a celui qui le traduira .
Translated:
The point of RvR and PvP is to clash and fight arms to arms with the enemy, no?

Debuff wound and debuff heal mara
BO DPS shield spec
Magus pull - Engineer pull
Mara AoE
The DoK dps is actually undergoing a nerf
Now the choppa pull aoe (got nerfed)

long life to war :)
Last edited by GamesBond on Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Translated from French to English

Phantasm

Post#23 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:01 pm

So basically pulls are still fine for defenders because they have to get inside, and the point they cross inner/outer gate they can be pulled. On the other hand classes with specced pulles (engi/magi/choppa) can log off or go afk when gates are down. Am I missing something?

nat3s

Post#24 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:55 pm

That's a really nice tribute to Gary, much respect for doing that, well played.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Mythrendir

Re: Gary's Story

Post#25 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:23 pm

GamesBond wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:00 pm Bipolargary has been a huge fan of Warhammer Online since the early days. He then kicked off his journey on Return of Reckoning, with the same wild spirit, loyalty and support.

It was a pleasant experience to see the community rallied together behind an ill comrade. When Gary/Biploargary posted that he had terminal lung cancer, the support many of you expressed to him was overwhelming. I assume he already knew he was going to leave this life, but you guys reminded him that he's leaving a mark or at least a memory in you.

As a team, we tried naming the whole Drops quest "Gary's iron-will journey" but technical difficulties disallowed us to do so. Then we proceeded and added an NPC that looked exactly like Gary. That NPC had a clear message to deliver within the quest.

After the weekend, we've been informed that Gary has passed away. When we created the NPC, Gary was still fighting for his life. We did not know he was going to pass away that soon. The team has unanimously decided to add Gary's gravestone in Praag's Graveyard and to share the story in order to mourn and to honor the brave warrior who fought cancer, in an effort to show support to anyone who’s still fighting a similar battle.

Rest In Peace Gary, may we continue to play in your name as you watch down upon us as an angel. You will be forever missed. I'm glad I got to speak to you one final time in twitchchat not long ago, but never thought it would of the been the last :cry: .

Thank you to the devs/gms for this monumental memorial, and what a beautiful community we have to have both destro and order standing salute at the in-game grave. At the end of the day, we are all one family <3.

Warhammer for life.

Gunma

Post#26 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:37 pm

Rest in peace Gary. Thanks to the devs for that nice gesture and much love to this community.
Bromley | Ironbreaker
Highbury | Rune Priest

Sombras

Post#27 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:47 pm

just wanted to say RIP Gary and it's nice what you do to honor his memory.

otherwise patch seems interesting, let's see how it unfolds :)

Saluton

Post#28 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:19 pm

Guys, it is SO classy in all the things you did in regards to Bipolargary. Gravestone was an awesome idea. Having a likeness for him to start the quest line was even better. As soon as I saw it and it all clicked in with the reference. I literally said, 'No way! These Devs. Wow!' out loud. Well done guys. Well done.
Elyanel-8X SM
Tylenolman-8X WP
Thunderstick-7X Engie
Clicbait-7X AM
Diseaze-7X DOK

Ads
Rubius
Developer

Post#29 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:24 pm

Good on you guys for the tribute to Gary. Much respect.

Foofmonger

Post#30 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:49 pm

Fine patch, not a big one, but on this guy here:

"General blocking of some abilities between keep areas:

- Jumping with Pounce-like abilities to targets in more inner areas of keeps is now blocked. Jumping from inner areas to outer areas is still allowed.

- Pulling players between different keep areas is blocked.

- Melee pets can no longer attack targets in different areas of keeps"

Not a huge fan of this, it was nice to see pounces/pulls being used as counterplay in niche situations. Just because you changed rez parameters on keep borderlines doesn't mean we need to add in more "weird invisible walls". Having a bunch of abilities just fail now for what I can fathom is no good reason other than "respawn counterplay", seems silly. That being said, this is my own personal interpretation of the changes, and maybe I'm not understand their purpose.

Although melee pets running up the sides of buildings and not the doors is the issue no? Its a pathing issue more then a "the pet shouldn't be able to attack one".

I suggest reverting these and not leaving them in, but that's just me.