Ads

Patch Notes 09/09/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
dalen
Developer

Re: Patch Notes 09/09/2020

Post#11 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:11 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:07 pm so jumping/suiciding/releasing/jumping... on ram is back on the menu of "fun" keep strats?

I hope the outer sanctum area very is limited, keep sieges started almost getting fun when as mdps you would have to blockade people trying to get in, I hope it's not a total revert back to AFK-ing and watching 4 guys ram a door while defenders keep appearing from having died "near" enough.
Outer sanctum is the outer walls and area inside of them. As soon as you are outside the outer walls you will respawn in the warcamp.

The new area system added in last weeks patch allowed us to make that distinction much more accurately.
Source Developer

Ads
Skazur

Post#12 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:13 pm

Onigokko0101 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:05 pm
ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:54 pm [Weekend Warfront: Guns, Shrooms, and Steam]

Respawning in RvR is changed:
- If you are in the inner sanctum and the inner door is still up you respawn in the keep.
- If you are in the outer sanctum and the inner door is not yet under attack you respawn in the keep.
- In other situations you will respawn in the warcamp.

[Fortresses]

- Higher career level players now have priority for getting reservations
- The forts will prioritize giving reservations to 33% tanks, 33% healers and 33% dps so more balanced warbands can be made. After the initial reservations to top contributors of each type are handed out, the rest are done in a first come first serve manner.

This two changes alone are huge. Actually defending the keep has become way more fun, as you can fight in outer, funnel outer, and be able to respawn inside as well as do some good defence on bottom. Amazing change A+

And the fort change means that we might actually have proper setups, and not 80% DPS
I'd really, really wish it would be taken in scs and, especially, cities, too.

(I do extremely appreciate the work devs and their team doing and am really thankful of keeping the game alive - but I'd allowed to wish! <3)

kirraha

Post#13 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:22 pm

Goermsi wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:01 pm So, if u can not be pulled in a different keep-zone ... may it be possible to ad the same in Forts? Not get the Choppa/Engi/Mara/WL Pull at the inner Gate might be ... a blessing of some kind.
Id say its a final nail in an alrdy nailed coffin to magi and engi. ;)

criollo

Post#14 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:23 pm

DEP Bipolargary, I will miss you.
Andalusian.

phononHYPE

Post#15 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:26 pm

Respawn changes, pets not running through walls, 40s>16s reservations, this is the stuff I love seeing. Thanks teams!
MaxHayman wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:03 pm
Goermsi wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:01 pm So, if u can not be pulled in a different keep-zone ... may it be possible to ad the same in Forts? Not get the Choppa/Engi/Mara/WL Pull at the inner Gate might be ... a blessing of some kind.
It might be something we do in the future based on feedback. Doing this for 30 keeps took some time as it is :)
So there was not enough time to add this to forts, or being pulled through walls is an intended (current) method of play?
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Akalukz

Post#16 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:37 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:07 pm so jumping/suiciding/releasing/jumping... on ram is back on the menu of "fun" keep strats?

I hope the outer sanctum area very is limited, keep sieges started almost getting fun when as mdps you would have to blockade people trying to get in, I hope it's not a total revert back to AFK-ing and watching 4 guys ram a door while defenders keep appearing from having died "near" enough.
Just kill them before they get in rez range. This change just allows players to defend the outer wall and door with less fear of dying not getting a rez. People coming to the keep late are still in the same boat, they either need to be in rez range or inside the correct postern.
-= Agony =-

Kysaro

Post#17 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:38 pm

A nice gesture for a former player.
Kysana - Sorc

elsarge

Post#18 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:02 pm

RIP Gary. Didn't know you but much love to the devs for honoring and immortalizing a member of the community.

Ads
Fenris78

Post#19 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:17 pm

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:54 pm - Guard defense formula now uses same code as regular defense checks, but treats all damage as if coming from front. This means you will also see some disrupt/dodge of guard damage in combat log.

Previously on RoR guard damage checks were also checking against those stats, but using a different formula and always displayed as block/parry in the combat log.
Does that mean there was previously a flaw about guard avoidances (i.e. receiving guard hits from behind, which could explain why my tank dropped from 37% to 15% average guard parry ?), or some calculations didn't took into account various buffs to parry ?
Anyway, glad to see logs will be more readable now.
Still I'm convinced dodge and disrupt should not be part of the equation since items are not made for this (only parry/block bonuses generally), on top of creating unbalances between 2H tanks classes which dont have equal access to disrupt/dodge increases (some even unable to - without a shield - like the IB).

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:54 pm - Pulling players between different keep areas is blocked.
Does that mean Magnet Engies/Magi are now completely useless ? Their only one utility was in funnel situations, because unusable in other cases.
Nevertheless, appreciate nerf of the infamous GTDC, nice QoL improvement.

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:54 pm - Higher career level players now have priority for getting reservations
Glad to see some logic back here like before. Seeing half wbs under lv 30 in forts was not uncommon sight those last months.

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:54 pm - Increased capture range of proximity capture flag objectives from 20ft to 30ft (The ones in Nordenwatch and similar SCs).
It was indeed nearly impossible to complete the "capture fortress x5" last week in Nordenwatch. Had to hug the flag so hard we couldn't fight to repel AND be here to complete objective (hellish nightmare for tanks and mdps defenders)

anarchypark

Post#20 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:29 pm

no more stuck inside door by pulling.
funnel break is more dependent on the tanks i guess.
nice patch, as always

old guard defence check means % avoidance is reduced by % strikesthru only ?
now it effected by offensive stats ?
anyway, it doesn't matter. only few ppl use guard. ;)
i'm pretty sure it's working reasonably. by math.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)