Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
dalen
Developer

Re: Patch Notes 16/09/2020

Post#41 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:25 pm

ravezaar wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:08 pm revert the contribution
sogeou wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:14 pm
sjemen wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:55 pm is the bonus roll increase bugged or just removed? mine hasn't changed for the last seven locks.
bag roll seems broken and not working. Have not gotten an increase in bag rolls. Something is not working right.
Adelmar wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:24 pm Like I posted earlier in the thread:Love the guard QoL change and everything else except this new contribution. I have 0 inventive to solo/duo roam anymore
Found an issue in the contrib system that didn't really show up when testing on a dev server with a small amount of players. Have a fix ready and will hotfix it when appropriate. It should start working better after that.
Source Developer

Ads
nat3s

Post#42 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:37 am

The invader grind is significantly greater than it was several months back. I'm all for improving fort play, but lowering the pop just makes this worse.

I think the stats/set bonuses on invader need improving so the grind feels worth it and it becomes that stepping stone between vanq and sov. This would also close the power gap between those with sov and those without - which is significant atm. Look at choppa/slayer, invader is an exciting set that you enjoy grinding towards and it does legitimately plug the gap until you get Sov, instead of the Vanq->Sov stepping you see on almost every other class.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

TreefAM

Post#43 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:40 am

How is the invader grind harder than several months ago?
Several months ago the way you got invader is counting how many Forts you need to lose for the next piece.
Now you get invader from both bags and cities it has never been easier.

nat3s

Post#44 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:41 am

ok perhaps i should qualify, it's annoying for those that have unlock but need to farm for 2 weapons and accessory when they are 4 pieces into Sov - so I get 3 invader per fort now instead of 4. Or i can sacrifice my royal acquisition rate to reach parity with how many invaders i could earn pre-invader acquisition nerf. Whichever way you spin it, it's a nerf when you could earn 4 per fort and take royals from bags previously.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

satanicomoderno

Post#45 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:11 pm

Bring back the old contrib. system please. This one make the game borer, forcing us to stay longer on rvr to have a minimal chance to get bags. It's getting frustrating and braeking the fun of the game.

ceramicartist

Post#46 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:36 am

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:01 pm
[Shadow warrior]

- Steady Aim: The buff from this toggle ability can no longer be shattered.
I hope we can really discuss Glass Arrow and Steady Aim. Both toggles break any SW gameplay.

We also need to talk about Flame Arrow being tied to a Scout tactic now that you moved it to Skirmish.

Dueil

Post#47 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:01 am

satanicomoderno wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:11 pm Bring back the old contrib. system please. This one make the game borer, forcing us to stay longer on rvr to have a minimal chance to get bags. It's getting frustrating and braeking the fun of the game.
Quite the opposite I'd say, it rewards actually trying to defend keeps and working for the zones rather than just rushing thru everything to city which gets real dull. I've gotten more gold bags in these last 3 days than I did in weeks prior.
Dueil - 82 Shield DoK
Pesten - 74 2h BG
Illvilja - 58 Heal Shaman
Saga - 65 Shield WP
Saqa - 58 Heal AM

TreefAM

Post#48 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:34 am

This new contribution system is great, it rewards the people who actually bother trying to make a change in the lakes and having a presence and punishes the afk leechers that only show up when they see the doors taking more than 1% of dmg.
And it doesn't really force you to stay in one zone till its end (unless you make no impact in the zones)
I was able to move my 12 from zone to zone, rushing to keep defenses, baiting a fight with a fake siege, and just roaming around in all 3 open zones and we all got bags from each of the zones.

Ads
Zymer

Post#49 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:44 am

The only issue I have with the new contribution system is I can’t play for several hours at a time due to real life stuff.

Someday I can only play for an hour or less. Since the update, I’m losing my motivation to login to play since I know I won’t be able to get much contribution with short pay times (unless I happen to login right as a zone is starting). Already miss most Forts and almost never get to do City since it takes so long. oRvR is starting to feel fruitless for me now as well.

Before, I could login and play for an hour in oRvR and still feel like I accomplished something and made progress. Now, not so much.

IIGuardianII

Post#50 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:18 am

Love the changes! But by far the best change here! is Guard...
ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:01 pm[Guard]

Switching guard can now be done with a single click. To toggle it off, click guard while having no target or while targeting yourself. If trying to guard same target twice, the second click is ignored instead of toggling the guard off.
Characters (P=Primary):
Spoiler:
Destruction:
P-GuardianChosen-Chosen
P-GuardianShift-Marauder
P-GuardianDoom-Magus
P-GuardianZealot-Zealot
GuardianWAAAGH-Choppa
GuardianWitch-Witch Elf
Order:
P-GuardianBreakr-Iron Breaker
P-MadMac-Slayer