Ads

Patch Notes 02/10/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Fenris78

Re: Patch Notes 02/10/2020

Post#21 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:09 am

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:55 am [Combat]

- Proc damage is no longer automatically undefendable as guard damage.
Very nice change, thanks !

Last few day I got killed by my BW guildmate who hit me for 5x 500 unmitigated dmg in one second. In comparison, guarding a slayer is a breeze :p.

But being able to defend procs like Witchbrew and other nasty add damages over guard is very appreciated !

Ads
Sundowner

Post#22 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:12 am

Does WL lion nerf affect only wounds from items when using ttt or base health?

nuadarstark

Post#23 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:16 am

Campaign changes are good, WH/WE changes are good, GtdC change is good. Overall solid patch imho. GJ.

I'll ask Devs here...one person whining on forums is what removed a PvE route from DW to the keep, imho an interesting factor in the oRvR and something that reinforced distinction inbetween meh leaders/players and excellent ones (map awareness, knowing the routes and zones perfectly for keep reinforcement, ambushes, etc). It's rather one sided though so far and there are NUMEROUS routes like this from both Destro and Order side (Destro being able to get from Cale PvE into the left keep before the rvr timer going off, etc) at other keeps and zones. If I go through all of them (or at least most) and add them to bugtracker, will you "fix" these too?
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

kryss

Post#24 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:25 am

Thanks for this tentative WH buff. I might go back playing him and test him out in premade stuff

Onigokko0101

Post#25 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:31 am

ravezaar wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:38 am - Proc damage is no longer automatically undefendable as guard damage.

So this is a pure Rampage Nerf ?
??? Any DPS using a proc weapon is nerfed. Furthermore sorc/bw are nerfed in group utility from it.

Regardless, this is a good thing.
Khrylashe - Zealot
Devarien - Blackguard
Bigdisc- Magus
Aendael - Warrior Priest
Nusku- Bright Wizard

Specialpatrol

Post#26 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:31 am

Overall nice patch.

Timers on forts are a most welcome addition - especially in preventing easy city sieges in the off-hours. 8h is still way too long, though. It should be something like 3-5h tops - basically like it was on live. With 8h timers, you can still simply wait for primetime opposition to log off to make an effortless push on a city.

Nevertheless, a step in the right direction.
APONYMOUS l WP l R40 l RR8X
BRAKEDOWN l KOTBS l R40 l RR8X
BOILING l BW l R40 l RR8X
PUFFED l SLY l R40 l RR8X
RHYTHM l AM l R40 l RR8X
EEWULL l DOK l R3X l RR4X

dalen
Developer

Post#27 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:33 am

nuadarstark wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:16 am Campaign changes are good, WH/WE changes are good, GtdC change is good. Overall solid patch imho. GJ.

I'll ask Devs here...one person whining on forums is what removed a PvE route from DW to the keep, imho an interesting factor in the oRvR and something that reinforced distinction inbetween meh leaders/players and excellent ones (map awareness, knowing the routes and zones perfectly for keep reinforcement, ambushes, etc). It's rather one sided though so far and there are NUMEROUS routes like this from both Destro and Order side (Destro being able to get from Cale PvE into the left keep before the rvr timer going off, etc) at other keeps and zones. If I go through all of them (or at least most) and add them to bugtracker, will you "fix" these too?
Having PvE routes to keep is fine. The issue with this one was that it was so short distance between PvE and the postern that you didn't even get flagged for PvP before entering the postern.

You can still walk on the other side of the big rock and get fairly close to the postern.
Source Developer

Jabba

Post#28 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:38 am

ravezaar wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:38 am - Proc damage is no longer automatically undefendable as guard damage.

So this is a pure Rampage Nerf ?
If anything this is a buff for rampage, as now slayers are the only class that have a window where their procs are still undefendable. All other classes lose that.

Unless i've completely misunderstood the change
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

Ads
nuadarstark

Post#29 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:11 pm

dalen wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:33 am
nuadarstark wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:16 am Campaign changes are good, WH/WE changes are good, GtdC change is good. Overall solid patch imho. GJ.

Having PvE routes to keep is fine. The issue with this one was that it was so short distance between PvE and the postern that you didn't even get flagged for PvP before entering the postern.

You can still walk on the other side of the big rock and get fairly close to the postern.
That's what I mean, there are still places where you can get into some keeps from PvE without the orvr timer flagging you. Since you removed a specific one, you might as well do that with all of them (or most if players report them). Eataine keeps in general or left keep in Cale in case of Destro are some of the examples. That way it's not just one keep that has that kind of easy non-rvr access closed of by a wall, but most of them.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

Aurandilaz

Post#30 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:58 pm

RIP Choppa
Burst is gone, undefendable damage is gone... the meme value remains.
Since the probability of devs buffing Choppa up to Slayer dmg pressure levels is close to 0, lets hope they will however consider nerfing Slayer downwards to Choppa levels.

As it is now, BW will easily outdmg Sorcs, Slayer will easily outdmg Choppas, with Mara and WL being equal more or less (mobility vs utility). Organized city warband encounters favour Order even more now, but since half of Order pugs wont even organize for cities I guess the overall city scores will still favour "organized" Destro vs all the soloqueueing rdps heroes that Order keeps stacking.

also very nice DW terrain change. Now only about dozen other keeps remain where people can easily walk to postern.