Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 14/10/2020

Moderators: Developer, Web Developer, Language Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
User avatar
ReturnOfReckoning
Staff
Posts: 127
Contact:

Patch Notes 14/10/2020

Post#1 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:56 pm

Hotfix
Spoiler:
[RvR]

- Fixed the issue that caused the KV keep to crash.

[Items]

- Invader and Royal shards can be exchanged directly into Vanquisher Medallions at the Vanquisher Quartermaster.
- Sov loot was not meant to drop in gold bags, they are removed from that loot table now.

[Tickets]

[17045] On Your Guard aura has correct internal cooldown.
[Weekend Warfront: Foray of Fate]

Image

Stumbling upon an unusual network of tunnels beneath Praag, a small band of Order finds themselves within the slumbering walls of The Eternal Citadel. Followed by members of Destruction, these two forces clash within Tchar'zanek's throne room... but that is not all that trespasses through this labyrinth of twisted reality.

This weekend Foray of Fate will be the weekend warfront from 12:00 on Friday to 12:00 on Monday Altdorf time. You get +50% XP and Renown in the Eternal Citadel scenario, and extra rewards from completing the event tasks.

If you complete all tasks you will get the title "Eternal Infiltrator" as order or "Citadel Cerberus" as destruction.

[RvR]

- Increased amount of Vanquisher medallions in RvR bags.

[Fortresses]

- Lowered damage from poison.

- Lowered maximum number of attackers to 168 and defenders to 135 (still 80% of attackers).

[Reikland Hills]

The original rotating king of the hill mechanic has been implemented:

- After 30s the fallen bridge objective will open

- Once the objective has been captured another random one will open after 20s.

- The captured objective will continue to be open and generate points for another 80s after capture, so you have to make a decision if you stay and protect the flag, or rush to the newly opened objective.

[Scenario]

- The Destruction quest giver in Reikland Factory has been moved closer to the spawn

[Quests]

Greenskin Chapter 1
- Wolves is da Best: This quest is now available after you have completed the quest line 'Stunties is fer Bashin''
- Boars is da Best: This quest is now available after you have completed the quest 'Wolves is da Best'
- Stunties an' their Beards: This quest is now available after you have completed the quest 'Gettin' Underfoot'
- Da Best Wood: You will now have to recover the Gutwood for Grokk
- Headache in a Barrel: This quest is now available from the Sealed Stunty Barrel in Mount Bloodhorn
- Mushroomin' Good Time: This quest is now available from the Glowy Mushroom in Mount Bloodhorn

[World]

- Behind the scene changes to how game object (clickable) portals work.

[Tickets]

[17886] The quest rewards of the Epic Quest 'Prophecy' are now all bind on pickup
[17905] Bullet proc and morale debuff radius of Dragon Gun fixed

Ads
User avatar
Acidic
Posts: 1781
Contact:

Re: Patch Notes 14/10/2020

Post#2 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:24 pm

Thanks for the patch, nice work
Will be interesting to see if the numbers change alters anything

User avatar
Cadien
Posts: 13

Re: Patch Notes 14/10/2020

Post#3 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:45 pm

Obviously, the vanq change is good.

The fort change...personally, I'll wait and see. It seems like a buff to attackers (read: destro), which sucks from an Order perspective. But who knows. I know that people have any number of theories as to why order has such a high defense rate and can still push forts with some success (though, not perfect success)

I think the bigger problem is for reservations. We were previously getting people (DPS, obviously) who were not getting fort reservations, even though they had performed in a way to get contribution. This wasn't rampant, but it was still a concern.

But, like I said, I'll reserve judgment. This will mean more altdorfs i guess, so there's that.

Vladthedad
Posts: 18

Re: Patch Notes 14/10/2020

Post#4 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:53 pm

Cadien wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:45 pm
Obviously, the vanq change is good.

The fort change...personally, I'll wait and see. It seems like a buff to attackers (read: destro), which sucks from an Order perspective. But who knows. I know that people have any number of theories as to why order has such a high defense rate and can still push forts with some success (though, not perfect success)

I think the bigger problem is for reservations. We were previously getting people (DPS, obviously) who were not getting fort reservations, even though they had performed in a way to get contribution. This wasn't rampant, but it was still a concern.

But, like I said, I'll reserve judgment. This will mean more altdorfs i guess, so there's that.
Not sure how fort changes will effect either side, as the percentage differential is the same...
Barbaphus - Chosen - TUP
Elhelion - White Lion - The Unlikely Plan

User avatar
zumos2
Posts: 337

Re: Patch Notes 14/10/2020

Post#5 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:01 pm

Why keep decreasing the amount of players in Fort? You can have up to 300-400 players in end zones and you keep reducing the amount that can actually play the fort?
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: Deep and Dry - Order ----- The Unlikely Plan / Dark Omen - Destruction

Kazus
Posts: 11

Re: Patch Notes 14/10/2020

Post#6 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:04 pm

zumos2 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:01 pm
Why keep decreasing the amount of players in Fort? You can have up to 300-400 players in end zones and you keep reducing the amount that can actually play the fort?
Yeah I agree. There’s already enough people not getting in as is. The weekends sometimes there’s 400+ people pushing/defending zones. I think I saw a 90 person queue just for Order the other day. Now it’s going to be even more people getting shafted, even though they contributed to the effort.

Silverbow100
Posts: 46

Re: Patch Notes 14/10/2020

Post#7 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:06 pm

Do you guys enjoy the lagfest of 300 players in fort? I sure don't. The less players, the less lag, and hopefully a tad bit more balanced

Kazus
Posts: 11

Re: Patch Notes 14/10/2020

Post#8 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:12 pm

Silverbow100 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:06 pm
Do you guys enjoy the lagfest of 300 players in fort? I sure don't. The less players, the less lag, and hopefully a tad bit more balanced
No, but I enjoy getting rewarded for the effort I put in to push a zone. I don’t like spending more time than other people pushing and defending and have them get a reservation after joining last 10 minutes (healers, tanks getting priority). I need Invaders for my toons as well.

If they decreased the numbers to 100/80 and have multiple instances of the Fort when there are a lot of people in queue, I think it would be ideal. I doubt that will happen though.

Ads
User avatar
Kpi
Posts: 41

Re: Patch Notes 14/10/2020

Post#9 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:23 pm

Kazus wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:12 pm
Silverbow100 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:06 pm
Do you guys enjoy the lagfest of 300 players in fort? I sure don't. The less players, the less lag, and hopefully a tad bit more balanced
No, but I enjoy getting rewarded for the effort I put in to push a zone. I don’t like spending more time than other people pushing and defending and have them get a reservation after joining last 10 minutes (healers, tanks getting priority). I need Invaders for my toons as well.

If they decreased the numbers to 100/80 and have multiple instances of the Fort when there are a lot of people in queue, I think it would be ideal. I doubt that will happen though.
If u want a reservation, u can play as healer/tank :)
For Kislev!!! For the Zarine!!!

Kpihuss -- WP 83 full equip
Kpithrogrim -- IB 75
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 50 :mrgreen:

Silverbow100
Posts: 46

Re: Patch Notes 14/10/2020

Post#10 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:31 pm

Okay so I can join a zone for 10 minutes run a few supplies get a few kills and participate briefly in the keep lord take, that means i get reservation 90% of the time unless the zone has been open for exceedingly long periods of time. I think its wrong, but it is how it is. With the reduction in the fort population(Which i stress as a good thing) there should be a decrease in contributory applications, meaning that only people with a higher percentage of contribution should be able to get a reservation. Simple maths.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Seravajan and 4 guests