Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 23/10/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Tarantoga

Re: Patch Notes 23/10/2020

Post#151 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:11 pm

Detangler wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:46 pm Real great change to the Chosen. I'm sure that you'll never ever see Chosens spam Ravage and still get the same damage numbers as when they were slotting Discordant Winds, because Ravage does... spirit damage... and is... spammable.

2H Chosen can still access Relentless, Touch of Palsy, and Ravage with spirit damage, so... congrats on making their auto attacks do physical now? That'll really lower Chosen numbers, cause we all know autoattack is where the real damage comes from.

The numbers wont change from Chosen, just that they cant spam undefendable attacks with spirit damage (Cleave + Discordant Winds)

Has there been a plague of sword/board DW spamming Chosens hurting people's feelings out solo while i've been gone these past few months? 2H Chosens don't need this tactic to put the hurt on you, and I thought I was pretty much the only moron that ran a DPS sword/board build out in the lakes.

Thanks for keeping me away from the server with this change tho, not sure i'd like to go thru cities all over again after you ruined my full sov/warlord Chosen build. Appreciate it.
with your snb build you are anyways just a liability according to the "pro's"

Ads
Alucard2010

Post#152 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:27 pm

Boernsen wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:28 pm
blechkautz wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:43 pm
Tarantoga wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:37 pm

who decides that kotbs can only be a pure support class? you? and trying to max the dps besides beeing a supportive tank is just the same all other tanks are doing... oO thats why noone wears snb in ranked, right?
No. No one plays SnB kotbs/chosen in ranked, because you loose the cd reduction on your punt.
Exactly, you play 2h for 10 sec punt cd and 10 % aoe crit debuff on wounds debuff, im not even surprised most of you Mighty Soul users dont know the reason why you play 2h kotbs in ranked. These responses just just how bad the average player on this server is.
Do you even play a tank bro? Something obv isn’t clicking with you. So you’re saying as a 2h, I cast one debuff that lasts 20s - I snare, and I punt on 30 second immunity timers. Wtf else am I expected to do for the other 18s in there? Tanks are expected to bring some dps pressure to ranked, period. Go troll your “these responses just show how bad blah blah” elsewhere.

Boernsen

Post#153 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:30 pm

Alucard2010 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:27 pm
blechkautz wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:43 pm
No. No one plays SnB kotbs/chosen in ranked, because you loose the cd reduction on your punt.
Exactly, you play 2h for 10 sec punt cd and 10 % aoe crit debuff on wounds debuff, im not even surprised most of you Mighty Soul users dont know the reason why you play 2h kotbs in ranked. These responses just just how bad the average player on this server is.
Do you even play a tank bro? Something obv isn’t clicking with you. So you’re saying as a 2h, I cast one debuff that lasts 20s - I snare, and I punt on 30 second immunity timers. Wtf else am I expected to do for the other 18s in there? Tanks are expected to bring some dps pressure to ranked, period. Go troll your “these responses just show how bad blah blah” elsewhere.
Not sure if you are trolling or acually serious here.

Dinotron

Post#154 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:34 pm

Do devs have any plans to provide reasoning for balance changes or what the goal of the changes are in the future? It may alleviate a lot of the butthurtness that occurs after every single patch.

Alucard2010

Post#155 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:40 pm

Boernsen wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:30 pm

So that’s a no, you don’t know what you’re talking about. I asked, what else do you expect a 2 to do after they cast 3gcds in ranked. I’ll wait
Last edited by Alucard2010 on Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#156 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:41 pm

Dinotron wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:34 pm Do devs have any plans to provide reasoning for balance changes or what the goal of the changes are in the future? It may alleviate a lot of the butthurtness that occurs after every single patch.
Read the user posts and my reply here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=41783

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#157 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:46 pm

Dinotron wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:34 pm Do devs have any plans to provide reasoning for balance changes or what the goal of the changes are in the future? It may alleviate a lot of the butthurtness that occurs after every single patch.
It gives people something to do with their time I suppose. Writing more junk in patch notes only gives people more specific things to be upset about. I don't have any reason to believe any amount of additional detail would prevent it.

Patching generates butthurtness. Pretty much everywhere. We do it every week.

Ramlaen wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:10 pm
Secrets wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:07 amNatherul was against mirroring the ability, and I agree.
Nath wanted to nerf old Runefang so KOBS were given Mighty Soul in return (your statement, not mine).

Shouldn't the removal of Mighty Soul mean KOBS are given old Runefang back?
Imagine there's longer more detailed conversations, or even arguments, about what to do with each balance change and it wasn't a simple whimsical swapping of some data. We don't need to have those hard conversations with a hundred more people on the forums, you guys are doing just fine talking to each other.

Also imagine giving a long-form explanation, as requested, to have a single point cherry-picked, misrepresented, so you can ask for it to be reverted, ignoring all other context of the post. I'm sure that's going to generate a desire to post long-form reasoning for balance changes in the future right?
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Boernsen

Post#158 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:19 pm

Alucard2010 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:40 pm

So that’s a no, you don’t know what you’re talking about. I asked, what else do you expect a 2 to do after they cast 3gcds in ranked. I’ll wait
You play 2h in ranked to apply your wounds debuff and to apply Overpowering Swing with it for 10% more cit chance on your target (only works with 2h). You can not just use your punt offensively ( to punt away the enemy tanks to burst the dps) ,you can also use it to release pressure by punting the enemy Dps away. Also if you are punting 1 enemy tank to make a "go" onto their dps and it doesnt result in a kill you usually want to be able to punt the other tank if your team switches to the other Dps . If you have 20 sec cd on your punt you are not able to do fast effective switches through punts. I hope this explains it for you. Obviously when you play open rvr and in warbands shield is for sure viable and the better option, but these are basically the reasons why you should play 2h in Scs.

Ads
Tarantoga

Post#159 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:23 pm

Boernsen wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:19 pm

You play 2h in ranked to apply your wounds debuff and to apply Overpowering Swing with it for 10% more cit chance on your target (only works with 2h). You can not just use your punt offensively ( to punt away the enemy tanks to burst the dps) ,you can also use it to release pressure by punting the enemy Dps away. Also if you are punting 1 enemy tank to make a "go" onto their dps and it doesnt result in a kill you usually want to be able to punt the other tank if your team switches to the other Dps . If you have 20 sec cd on your punt you are not able to do fast effective switches through punts. I hope this explains it for you. Obviously when you play open rvr and in warbands shield is for sure viable and the better option, but these are basically the reasons why you should play 2h in Scs.
you didnt even understood what he was asking for?

Alucard2010

Post#160 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:37 pm

Boernsen wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:19 pm

Alright - let me break this down for you since it seems to be an issue. Overpowering swing applies BOTH wounds debuff and 10% crit debuff for 20s. That is 1 GCD. There are TWO tank in ranked matches. Both should be punting - meaning more often than not BOTH enemy tanks will have immunity on them for 30 seconds constantly. Yes, you are correct that you CAN punt enemy DPS, however this is only when you/your guard are super low and you need to relieve pressure (generally once or twice a match). SO I ASK - What are 2h knights supposed to do in ranked after they apply their 20s debuff 1 GCD, they snare 2nd GCD, and they punt the guard away 3rd GCD? They apply no meaningful damage now, so what do you do with the other 15-18 seconds? Challenge on CD? Strip enchantments after they've already been stripped? Attempt to quickly run away from your guard and knock a healer standing 80 yards away? Competent ranked healers have no issues healing over 2 dps, none - that's why having meaningful tank damage MATTERS.